who is the best up and coming young team for the future. Bulls, Pelicans, Hawks, OKC?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

who is the best up and coming young team for the future. Bulls, Pelicans, Hawks, OKC? 

Post#1 » by petebraun0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 pm

we've had this thread before, but I think it is old now. Which young team
is going to be the best over the next two to six years.
The Kings have a lot of young talent. The Pelicans have a ton, and more to come.
OKC has a plethora of draft picks over the next six years. Atlanta has young talent on its squad.
Dallas has Doncic and Porzyngis. Memphis as JJ and Ja. Phoenix has Ayton and more. Our Bulls
have Markannan, Carter and White; and Lavine and Porter are not too old.

Order the young bottom dwellers in order of who will be the best, and give reasons why.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Re: who is the best up and coming young team for the future. Bulls, Pelicans, Hawks, OKC? 

Post#2 » by Mech Engineer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm

I like Dallas more than any other team in terms of the future. They have Doncic and Porzingis. Both have shown a lot that they can be stars in this league. That is what you really need for a team to win in the league. They couldn't strike in free agency like the Bulls and that will slow down their progress. If they had added Kemba to their team, it would have been a good fit.

But, as long as Doncic/Porzingis remain healthy, they are going to be good for the next 4-5 years. And, Dallas does trade well especially for role players which is all they need.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Re: who is the best up and coming young team for the future. Bulls, Pelicans, Hawks, OKC? 

Post#3 » by cjbulls » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm

I know I'm ruining the game, but the real answer is "Unknown" and probably "None of the above"

We have had a million up and coming teams over the years. They never seem to make it though though. The finals this year were the Raptors and GSW who were never really up and coming. Same can be said for MKE, Denver, Portland, and Houston. Up and coming teams like Boston, Philly, Lakers and Wolves have all had varying to zero degrees of success.

It's all a mystery and tends to rely on one or two players making an unexpected leap.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,122

Post#4 » by BahamaBull » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Not being a homer but Bulls and Hawks imo...

im selling Zion stock since his Duke days...He has all the tools but I wouldn't put my money on his health, thats why i cant go with NO...OKC depends on the players they will draft with the 193984845 picks they have in the upcoming years.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#5 » by League Circles » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Bulls and Pelicans IMO.

Hawks are waaaay overrated IMO (Trae Young sucks) and OKC has nothing really.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#6 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Bulls and Hawks I would have put on same tier but bulls got more veterans

Hawks and Pelicans I would put on the same tier now.

OKC talent I would on same level as the hornets
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#7 » by bigworld2017 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm

I think the Bulls have the best chance for intermediate success because their key players will be entering their window of maximum performance over the next 5 years. They have gone through growing pains. Recovered from injuries. But I think the grizzlies, hawks, and pelicans had really excellent drafts and have set themselves up for tremendous improvement in the future. They will all have a lot of rookies and 2nd year players who are still going through the NBA learning curve. All three of those teams will be fun to watch in the future. But I give us a slight advantage at least this year and next.
bpguimaraes23
Junior
And1: 317

Post#8 » by bpguimaraes23 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm

The team that has Doncic.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#9 » by petebraun0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm

nice to see all the replies. I am voting for New Orleans. I think
Zion will be a stud. Their new center. hayes? will be a stud at the 8 pick. And NAW, Nickeil Alexander Walker will be the steal of the draft. And the players they got from Los Angeles will all be pretty good, including Ingram and Ball. New Orleans will rock in about two to three years.

The Bulls really need a lot of luck. We have to hope that Carter and White become super solid starters; and that Hutchison turns into a valuable bench player. That is asking a lot. I bet we wind up with the number 7 pick again this year. Let's see if we can get an all star with that pick. lol.
KevinPandawong
Junior
And1: 166

Post#10 » by KevinPandawong » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Tier I. NO-DAL
They have superstars on rookie deals.

Tier II. CHI-ATL-SAC
Multiple exciting prospects with a lot left to prove.

Tier III. MEM-PHX
One promising prospect surrounded by a high risk/reward piece and young elite role-players.

Tier IV. NY
LUL

None of these young players have officially "broken out" into stardom yet so the actual divisions that separate the tiers are paper-thin. It's anyone's ball game for who actually ends up with the 'stars' of their respective drafts.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#11 » by Am2626 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 pm

petebraun0 wrote:nice to see all the replies. I am voting for New Orleans. I think
Zion will be a stud. Their new center. hayes? will be a stud at the 8 pick. And NAW, Nickeil Alexander Walker will be the steal of the draft. And the players they got from Los Angeles will all be pretty good, including Ingram and Ball. New Orleans will rock in about two to three years.

The Bulls really need a lot of luck. We have to hope that Carter and White become super solid starters; and that Hutchison turns into a valuable bench player. That is asking a lot. I bet we wind up with the number 7 pick again this year. Let's see if we can get an all star with that pick. lol.

The Bulls have a nice core and supporting players but they don’t have that franchise changing number 1 option. If they can get that guy the future looks good.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#12 » by AKfanatic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Dallas and New Orleans take the top spot. Luka will just get better for the Mavs and the Pels are loaded with high potential.

I love what the Grizz are doing with JJJ, Morant, and Clarke....loved their draft, though it’s likely going to take them a few years.

The Hawks and Bulls are pretty close. Either team could take a big step depending on development.

As next season goes, I’d likely go Dallas 1, then Atl, Chi, and NO all with a shot at 2-4, then Memphis barring an unbelievable rookie season from Morant to take them ahead of any of the other teams.

Either way, there’s good reason for fans of all of those franchises to feel excited about next season while keeping their expectations level.

Edit: Didn’t even think about Sac or Phx....hard to ever really think of those two franchises. I like Sac, and would wedge them in the Atl, Chi, NO group though I could see them having a really good season considering they played well last season and have good young talent. Phx....I’ve got zero confidence in Ayton and Booker.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#13 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:37 am

I love my Hawks. As long as Jokic qualities I have Denver at 1 and SAC at 2. Hawks at 3. But I like my Hawks talent, fit and potential more than anybody which I wouldn't have said before the draft.

Best young core
1. Den
2. Sac
3. Atl

Best potential to win titles long term
1. Atlanta- Trae, Cam, John with high end studs like Hunter, Huerter and Fernando
2. New Orleans- Zion, Zo, BI, NAW and Hayes. Damn! They got a lot of sauce
3t. Chicago and Dallas- Chi got Lauri, WCJ, White, and Gafford while Dal got Kp, Luka, Powell and Wright.

All of these teams got sauce and are real saucy
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:45 am

right now It's Dallas , but I do like the Pels a lot too in the West
I give Memphis and Sac as good a shot as both those though..not high on the Suns at all
In the East long term it's the Bulls front court and the Cavs back court...but overall ATL and
BKN have done a solid job drafting high level role players lately if they put it all together. Not high on ORL unless Fultz is #1 pick worthy this season out of the gate.
I don't consider Denver or Boston up and coming ...they are already there
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#15 » by JimmyJammer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:51 am

I have been really impressed with how the Grizzlies has been conducting businesses lately. In Valenciunas, Jaren Jackson, Ja, Grayson Allen, Brandon Clark, Tyus Jones, Dillon Brooks and Josh Jackson, they have one of the best group of young players. Yet, they have some solid veterans like Crowder, Kyle Anderson, Igouadala, Zeller, and even Dwight Howard, to put around them. They are going to be a problem very soon.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#16 » by Southpaw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:26 am

If I have to put them in tiers:

I - DAL - they have 2 star level players that have shown superstar potential and are "proven" in the league.

II - CHI/ATL/MEM/NO/SAC - teams with excellent young players but none have shown superstar potential yet in the league yet. Not yet sold on Trey Young as a potential superstar and Zion still hasn't played in the NBA.

III - PHO/MIN/OKC - I don't trust PHO's core and FO, OKC is too much of a question mark to be higher and, while i think KAT has shown superstar potential, he's not consistent and he hasn't lead his team to anything yet.
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#17 » by udfa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 am

Dallas then NO. Doncic and Zion will be the two best players from this group.
Scalaboner
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#18 » by Scalaboner » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 am

As a homer I have to say Bulls. But I think at this point it’s unknown for pretty much everyone. Will Trae and Doncic continue to okay well like they did in their rookie season? Will KP come back from injury as good as he was before? When it comes to NO I honestly have no idea what Zion will be in the league so can’t say for sure if they will be great or not in the future. It all depends on how he does. We have seen numerous rookies who were supposed to be stars fail in the league. And OKC just blew up their team so need to see what happens with the picks for them. So overall as of today I think Chicago has the most proven talent at the moment out of those teams. We know what Lauri, Zach, and Otto are at a minimum and they would be starters on the majority of NBA teams at a minimum.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#19 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

bpguimaraes23 wrote:The team that has Doncic.
:nod:

You know it.

I never thought in my lifetime I'd be excited to watch the Atlanta Hawks - but Collins is a major stud and Trey is a lot of fun to watch. Watching him try an play D or the team try to cover for his lack of it will be their make or break to the playoffs. Rusillo is such a Huerter fanboy that he makes me want to watch the kid actually play. Seeing Jabari eat himself out of the NBA will also be entertaining. I would be totally cool with the ATL having a great team in the East.

I want to see more Sacremento and Bagley/Gilkes/Fox too this year.

I hear NO has a rookie that is getting a lot of attention. I forget his name but he's supposed to be good.

Return to Player Comparisons