Does David Robinson have any sort of a case to be placed ahead of Tim Duncan, all-time?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

pandrade83
Starter
And1: 604

Re: Does David Robinson have any sort of a case to be placed ahead of Tim Duncan, all-time? 

Post#41 » by pandrade83 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 am

We had a big discussion on this not TOO long ago and the most common ranks were 5 and 8. I’m in the 8 camp but I wouldnt call you a “fanatic” if you had Duncan 5.

It just means we disagree on his value relative to shaq, dream and wilt - but that’s a “what do you value” discussion and reasonable minds can disagree.

As to the op, playoff impact coupled with longevity keep him from having a case vs Duncan. I’ve only got him 6 spots back but they are not in the same tier for me.
jdzimme3
Pro Prospect
And1: 305

Re: Does David Robinson have any sort of a case to be placed ahead of Tim Duncan, all-time? 

Post#42 » by jdzimme3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 pm

all time, no I dont think so, Duncan's longevity and success with different casts is too important.

That said, I do think situation is underrated here and that Robinson peaked higher than Duncan. Dude was an absolute monster on both ends of the floor. In todays league he would have just demanded out, maybe joined Drexler in portland, and won a few titles.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#43 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:37 am

No

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!

Return to Player Comparisons