Dame+CJ
26%

Total votes: 27

bigstepper
Ballboy
And1: 0

Steph and DLo or Dame and CJ? 

Post#1 » by bigstepper » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:47 pm

There seems to be a lot of people here assuming that Portland is a playoff lock while GSW will be fighting for a playoff spot. Both teams took steps backwards this offseason, with GS obviously losing Klay at least until the All Star break and KD+Iggy departure, and Portland losing Nurkic for a fair chunk of the season as well as losing a lot of their wing rotation in FA.
That said, I’m baffled that Portland is a playoff “lock” with that roster led by that duo, yet Steph and DLo aren’t getting the same respect as a backcourt who has the same defensive limitations as them. Given Draymond’s presence as well, I just don’t see the logic for Portland being a safer playoff bet. (Injuries aside, they don’t happen until they happen)
Would you rather have a backcourt of Dame and CJ, or Steph and DLo?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,815

Re: Steph and DLo or Dame and CJ? 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:38 pm

Steph and DLo.

Portland has a lot more depth than Golden State and many people are giving Durant a lion share of success.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:09 am

I'll take the team with Curry

The only reason to doubt the Warriors making the playoffs is health. Curry will have to do a lot without Klay and Durant, if he has 50 game season this year I'm not that shocked. If he and Draymond both play over 70 they're a bigger lock than Portland to get in
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,243

Post#4 » by Statlanta » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:35 am

CJ torched every wing with a residency in Colorado. That's greater than anything I've seen from Russell.

Curry played a lot closer to his floor last season. When you consider Lillard had probably his signature momment last season I will probably take the Portland duo.

Too many questions with GS(Curry's health, D Lo's game in the Western conference, D'Lo's fit, Curry with superstar volume post 4 finals)
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:54 pm

Statlanta wrote:CJ torched every wing with a residency in Colorado. That's greater than anything I've seen from Russell.

Curry played a lot closer to his floor last season. When you consider Lillard had probably his signature momment last season I will probably take the Portland duo.

Too many questions with GS(Curry's health, D Lo's game in the Western conference, D'Lo's fit, Curry with superstar volume post 4 finals)

Lillard once again struggled in the post-season against relatively weak defenders at his position (Westbrook, Murray and Curry). Sure he crushed a dysfunctional Oklahoma City team but outside of that series he wasnt very impressive.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#6 » by SpreeS » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:52 pm

37pts 8rbs 7ast on 0.66TS +41pts 4-0

I could take only Curry against POR duo w/o questions.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#7 » by E-Balla » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:16 pm

SpreeS wrote:37pts 8rbs 7ast on 0.66TS +41pts 4-0

And this isn't even the first time. He usually destroys them.

That said they don't have the defense Golden State does. Still Russell/Steph is the answer here, people are going to be shocked by DLo next year if Kerr is smart and let's him split point duties with Draymond.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,485

Post#8 » by Pelly24 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:59 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Statlanta wrote:CJ torched every wing with a residency in Colorado. That's greater than anything I've seen from Russell.

Lillard once again struggled in the post-season against relatively weak defenders at his position (Westbrook, Murray and Curry). Sure he crushed a dysfunctional Oklahoma City team but outside of that series he wasnt very impressive.

Dame didn't really struggle like you said he did. 27/6/5 on 57 TS% hile getting trapped a lot and facing some good team defense. Nuggets he had two awful games, but 5/7 good games is still pretty good. I think he was gassed by the WCF and possibly not 100%.

Dame is much worse than Steph, but CJ is a more resilient scorer I'd say
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#9 » by Colbinii » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:10 pm

E-Balla wrote:

That said they don't have the defense Golden State does. Still Russell/Steph is the answer here, people are going to be shocked by DLo next year if Kerr is smart and let's him split point duties with Draymond.

I see no reason why Kerr wont be smart. He used Durant nearly perfectly with the core and has used almost all players who have joined the Avengers to varying degrees (mostly great) of success.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#10 » by E-Balla » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:38 pm

Colbinii wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

I see no reason why Kerr wont be smart. He used Durant nearly perfectly with the core and has used almost all players who have joined the Avengers to varying degrees (mostly great) of success.

Oh yeah I've said multiple times I think DLo is going to have a great year and people are gonna realize they were wrong mainly because I think Kerr knows how he fits best.

Return to Player Comparisons