Who Does Darius Garland Remind You Of?

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Pelly24
Rookie
And1: 537

Who Does Darius Garland Remind You Of? 

Post#1 » by Pelly24 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 pm

He seems crafty and he can shoot. Decent size, pretty quick. I've heard him compared to Kyrie and Dame. Who does he remind you of? Why does he remind you of that player?
Owly
Starter
And1: 1,152

Re: Who Does Darius Garland Remind You Of? 

Post#2 » by Owly » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Winston Garland. Why? I can't quite place it ...
XTC
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,458

Post#3 » by XTC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

I feel like Garlands body might hold him back. He has very narrow shoulders and it doesn’t seem like he has the potential to add much strength to his frame. He’s going to get abused driving to the rim.

I get the Kyrie comparisons because of his handles, but Kyrie is pretty strong for a point guard. I’ve seen Kyrie body people up in the post at times, which is something I can’t see Garland doing. Kyrie strength also allows him to absorb ALOT of contact when driving to the hoop.

I don’t see the Lillard comparisons at all. Lillard might be the second most athletic point guard in the league next to Westbrook.

If I had to choose a comparison STYLISTCALLY I’d honestly say Lou Williams. The next step is for Darius to hone his point guard skills.
Pelly24
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#4 » by Pelly24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm

XTC wrote:I feel like Garlands body might hold him back. He has very narrow shoulders and it doesn’t seem like he has the potential to add much strength to his frame. He’s going to get abused driving to the rim.

I get the Kyrie comparisons because of his handles, but Kyrie is pretty strong for a point guard. I’ve seen Kyrie body people up in the post at times, which is something I can’t see Garland doing. Kyrie strength also allows him to absorb ALOT of contact when driving to the hoop.

I don’t see the Lillard comparisons at all. Lillard might be the second most athletic point guard in the league next to Westbrook.

If I had to choose a comparison STYLISTCALLY I’d honestly say Lou Williams. The next step is for Darius to hone his point guard skills.

Lou Will. Now that's an interesting comparison and I definitely see that.

Return to Player Comparisons