Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Re: What other champion from the 10’s do the 19 Raptors beat 

Post#41 » by mademan » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:54 am

Triples333 wrote:
mademan wrote:
Triples333 wrote:A >10 SRS 67 win team with still prime Iguodala and a healthy Bogut/Livingston/Barbosa on top of their young/prime big 3/MVP Curry? I don't see it. That's definitely not the weakest Champion of the decade.

You jump back and forth between prioritizing RS dominance and PS dominance. That 2015 W's team was not dominant in the PS. They came up against many injured teams and struggled to win a title against a team with Delladova as it's 2nd best player. It's cool if you want to say they were amazing, but then you turn around and say the Raps beating the Bucks, who were similarly RS dominant as that GSW team isnt as impressive. You go as far as to say the 2019 East was weak. Bruh, pick a lane. If the 2015 GSW team was awesome, so was the 2019 Bucks. Theyre actually very similar teams

Try to use some advanced stats with this same post and go again.

I mean you're clearly clueless, biased or both concerning the Warriors 2015 dominance. They went down 2-1 in tight games and then slaughtered them 3-0 the next 3 by 15 point margins when the games got real for them (happened against both Memphis and the Cavs). They finished every other (non Curry) All NBA 1st Team member en route to the ship. First team to ever accomplish that. Held Bron to a sub 500 TS in the Finals. He played into their defense to a T (goated him into **** shots all series, and the media still wanted to give the guy FMVP).

'' ASTERISK ''. Just stop with this nonsense.

And no, an 8 SRS team is not comparable to a 10 SRS team. That's a 20% difference if our scale is 10. In either case, it's not close, and no the Raptors would not have beat the 2015 Warriors. They struggled to beat the hobbled half dead old version of the 2015 Warriors.

LMAO. Compararable in the sense that they both had the absolute best SRS in the league, MVP, best team, demolished everybody..etc. If you want to nitpick, go for it, but youre the one calling the Bucks 'relatively weak competition' on some bullchit.

Moreover, youre taking a segment of my post and leaving the rest out. My biggest gripe with you was saying the Raps didnt have a tough road to the finals. Like if the Raps faced 'relatively weak competition', what did the other champions face in their conference? Which of these teams had it harder pre-finals?

2010 Lakers? lol
2011 Mavs? I'll give it to them
2012 Heat? lol
2013 Heat? lol
2014 Spurs? nope
2015 Warriors? lol
2016 Cavs? lol X2
2017 W's? lol
2018 W's? Yes, off the strength of the Rox

Again, youre selective with youre criticism. I'm not the one who's biased here

And no, the warriors wouldnt beat the Raps. They struggled with a broken down Cavs team with Delladova as it's 2nd best player.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#42 » by Triples333 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:12 am

mademan wrote:
Triples333 wrote:
mademan wrote:
You jump back and forth between prioritizing RS dominance and PS dominance. That 2015 W's team was not dominant in the PS. They came up against many injured teams and struggled to win a title against a team with Delladova as it's 2nd best player. It's cool if you want to say they were amazing, but then you turn around and say the Raps beating the Bucks, who were similarly RS dominant as that GSW team isnt as impressive. You go as far as to say the 2019 East was weak. Bruh, pick a lane. If the 2015 GSW team was awesome, so was the 2019 Bucks. Theyre actually very similar teams

Try to use some advanced stats with this same post and go again.

I mean you're clearly clueless, biased or both concerning the Warriors 2015 dominance. They went down 2-1 in tight games and then slaughtered them 3-0 the next 3 by 15 point margins when the games got real for them (happened against both Memphis and the Cavs). They finished every other (non Curry) All NBA 1st Team member en route to the ship. First team to ever accomplish that. Held Bron to a sub 500 TS in the Finals. He played into their defense to a T (goated him into **** shots all series, and the media still wanted to give the guy FMVP).

And no, an 8 SRS team is not comparable to a 10 SRS team. That's a 20% difference if our scale is 10. In either case, it's not close, and no the Raptors would not have beat the 2015 Warriors. They struggled to beat the hobbled half dead old version of the 2015 Warriors.

LMAO. Compararable in the sense that they both had the absolute best SRS in the league, MVP, best team, demolished everybody..etc. If you want to nitpick, go for it, but youre the one calling the Bucks 'relatively weak competition' on some bullchit.

Moreover, youre taking a segment of my post and leaving the rest out. My biggest gripe with you was saying the Raps didnt have a tough road to the finals. Like if the Raps faced 'relatively weak competition', what did the other champions face in their conference? Which of these teams had it harder pre-finals?

2010 Lakers? lol
2012 Heat? lol
2013 Heat? lol
2014 Spurs? nope
2015 Warriors? lol
2016 Cavs? lol X2
2017 W's? lol

And no, the warriors wouldnt beat the Raps. They struggled with a broken down Cavs team with Delladova as it's 2nd best player.

Can you quote where I say they faced weak competition? That has nothing to do with my underlying premise so I'm not sure why I would have said that. I don't think their road was easy. I actually think it is the toughest road to the Finals from the East in the past decade. They for sure did not outclass the Bucks (it turned out that way in the end, but they were a missed Middleton layup at the buzzer away from going down 0-3 and the series being over), and especially the Sixers, but they were at least as good as both, and fortune favored them on their run.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#43 » by mademan » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:33 am

Triples333 wrote:
mademan wrote:
Triples333 wrote:Try to use some advanced stats with this same post and go again.

2010 Lakers? lol
2012 Heat? lol
2013 Heat? lol
2014 Spurs? nope
2015 Warriors? lol
2016 Cavs? lol X2
2017 W's? lol

Can you quote where I say they faced weak competition? That has nothing to do with my underlying premise so I'm not sure why I would have said that. I don't think their road was easy. I actually think it is the toughest road to the Finals from the East in the past decade. They for sure did not outclass the Bucks (it turned out that way in the end, but they were a missed Middleton layup at the buzzer away from going down 0-3 and the series being over), and especially the Sixers, but they were at least as good as both, and fortune favored them on their run.

Youre gonna have to explain this one

"The 2019 East was still relatively weak. The Raptors didn’t come close to dominating it. They were a solid contender nothing more."
Triples333
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by Triples333 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 8:12 am

mademan wrote:
Triples333 wrote:
mademan wrote:

2010 Lakers? lol
2012 Heat? lol
2013 Heat? lol
2014 Spurs? nope
2015 Warriors? lol
2016 Cavs? lol X2
2017 W's? lol

Youre gonna have to explain this one

"The 2019 East was still relatively weak. The Raptors didn’t come close to dominating it. They were a solid contender nothing more."

Who are you trying to fool?

That wasn't me. That's why you are not quoting me.
Lenneth
Rookie
And1: 1,786

Post#45 » by Lenneth » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:41 pm

Triples333 wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:2015 Warriors only

A >10 SRS 67 win team with still prime Iguodala and a healthy Bogut/Livingston/Barbosa on top of their young/prime big 3/MVP Curry? I don't see it. That's definitely not the weakest Champion of the decade.

I agree with that. For whatever the reason, 2015 Warriors are being underrated, when the pretty much the same team went ahead to win 73 games and were one game away from winning another championship in 2016. 2015 team had much healthier and better bench than 2019 Warriors in Final, and that 2019 Warriors were able to push Raptors to 4-2. I don't see Raptors beating 2015 team.
Triples333
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by Triples333 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:50 am

Lenneth wrote:
Triples333 wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:2015 Warriors only

A >10 SRS 67 win team with still prime Iguodala and a healthy Bogut/Livingston/Barbosa on top of their young/prime big 3/MVP Curry? I don't see it. That's definitely not the weakest Champion of the decade.

I agree with that. For whatever the reason, 2015 Warriors are being underrated, when the pretty much the same team went ahead to win 73 games and were one game away from winning another championship in 2016. 2015 team had much healthier and better bench than 2019 Warriors in Final, and that 2019 Warriors were able to push Raptors to 4-2. I don't see Raptors beating 2015 team.

Yeah they were a very, very good team. I would have liked to see them play many of these teams. Most stats and play indicate they'd do well.

Him singling that 67 win 10+SRS Juggernaut as the worst team is just silly. That's either agenda or not understanding the game.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,534

Post#47 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Oct 4, 2019 6:36 am

The Warriors in 2015 are great on defense but their offense would struggle badly against probably the best defense of this decade, much more than their regular season offense showed. They rely too much on Curry and Klay both of whom are jumpshot heavy, so once you switch everything and are physical with them they do not have as much of a counter. Much like 2019 Finals it's asking two guys to win the series by themselves on offense. In terms of actual offensive talent they probably had less than cores like the Duncan-Manu-TP Spurs, Kobe-Pau-Odom Lakers, Garnett-Allen-Pierce Celtics. There are not many teams this millennium with less offensive talent other than the Pistons, Mavs, possibly the Raptors, and 03 Spurs. The Grizzlies and Cavs figured how to stop Warriors in 2015 in my opinion, they just had NO offense against an elite defensive roster. Another way to tell 2015 Warriors are beatable is they had a better team the next year and still lost to a below average champion (2016 Cavs) and went down 3-1 to a flawed iso ball team (Thunder).

Personally I think the Raptors could take the 2016 Cavs because I think Kyrie and Love have proven their flaws repeatedly, the former is a house of cards impact wise and an all time mercurial player and the latter just isn't that guy mentally. Yes Lebronto factor is legitimate but he would be facing great defense against him and Kawhi matchup. I consider 16 Cavs supporting cast one of the worst for a superstar. Their coach wasn't any good either. Teams like 03 Spurs, 11 Mavs and 19 Raptors may not have the name power but considering defense, ball movement, etc. they were in better position to play good team ball. Cavs did well on defense and passing but Lebron was the biggest influence in both those areas.

I'm a big fan of the 2009 and 2010 Lakers core. But they were more tired and banged up in 2010 than previous years. I feel the Raptors are a better team than the 2010 Celtics who were up double digits in Game 7. The Suns series could've gotten scary for them too. Also this is another team Raptors are a good matchup for as Kobe would be trying to shoot against Kawhi a lot, and Siakam-Gasol is perfect against Odom-Gasol. The Raptors are also deeper.

Return to Player Comparisons