limbo wrote:Like i said, this is extremely hard to balance out in a way that people don't just pick the same two permutations every time and there's some variation in how people want to approach it
With that said, here's some reasoning behind the choices and some general thoughts i have:
- Jerry West is a difficult one. Had him at $5 initially, but figured nobody would consider picking him. How many people would realistically take him at that price over guys like Shaq, Kareem, Magic, even Wilt. And if someone decided to build a team with two 5$ players, i'd figure a significantly bigger percentage of people would take Kobe over West in that sense. So i reluctantly had to drop his price by $1. Maybe i could have put him there at $4.5, but i haven't really thought about how that would skew the game if decimal prices where also allowed. This thread was kinda made in the spur of the moment, maybe i will make a Celtic one next and put more thought into it.
- Was considering Eddie Jones at $3, but again, how many people would pick him for that price? Another factor was that if you, say, have a core of Shaq/Kobe or Kareem/Magic, you can now choose whether to put a more talented player in Jones there for $2, and risk him not realizing his ceiling as a player because Kareem and Magic will have most of the ball, or just play it safe with a Cooper, Horry, Fisher low usage/resource type player.
- Nixon is a polarizing player. I don't rate him as highly + he's a guy that demands the ball a lot but doesn't necessarily produce great results with it, but i knew some people would. By putting him just $1, i can tease people to see how much value he has.
- Scott was a 22/4/4 player at his peak in LA, pace notwithstanding. Maybe $3 is a bit too high, i agree, but he's like one of the iconic LA players, couldn't bring myself to knock him down a peg
- Having Kobe any lower than $5, he would be snagged up like Black Friday.
- Bynum at $1 is a test to see who's willing to pull a trigger on a player that was very solid at his peak, but comes with all types of baggage and injury concerns.
- No LeBron after just 1 year with the franchise. Maybe i should've included him, it would make it more interesting, perhaps in a revisited version in the future.
- Also, suprised by the fact that literally zero people picked either Pau or Odom. Both All-Stars that fit well with any superstar on this board. Odom at 3$ would've been a steal, i'd imagine, that's why i upped his price.
- Any suggestions for improvements are welcomed
Oh, any here's my team, well... two teams, Team A (I would be most curious to watch) and Team B (the most likely to be dominant in terms of winning)
C: Divac (2)
PF: Odom (4)
SF: Baylor (3)
SG: Van Exel (1)
PG: Magic (5)
C: Shaq (5)
PF: Rambis (1)
SF: Odom (4)
SG: West (4)
PG: Van Exel (1)
Yeah but Odom hasn't been used except for you. Gasol and Wilt have not been used. So Odom and Gasol should be $3 and Lakers Wilt should be $4. It will be very hard for people to take Wilt out of his prime versus Kareem and Shaq who were in there prime with the Lakers.