Giannis w/ Curry's jumper or Lebron w/ Durant's jumper

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

itsxtray
Junior
And1: 416

Giannis w/ Curry's jumper or Lebron w/ Durant's jumper 

Post#1 » by itsxtray » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:22 am

Prime giannis with steph's jumper (just his jumper not his ball handling or vision) or prime Lebron (whichever season that is for you) with Kd's jumper?(he doesn't get kd's handle either) Whose better?

Also, how do you think the reverse plays out as well? Lebron with steph's and Giannis w/ Durant's?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Re: Giannis w/ Curry's jumper or Lebron w/ Durant's jumper 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:31 am

Giannis with Curry's jumper. Even though Lebron is better than Giannis, Giannis is the worst shooter and Curry is the best, so the improvement is by far the most significant. Giannis with Curry jumpshot is hilariously overpowered
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,763

Post#3 » by uberhikari » Sun Dec 1, 2019 8:54 am

The thing that will always separate Giannis and LeBron is passing. LeBron with Kd's jumper is actually unstoppable. We're talking about 70 TS% seasons on top being a top 10 playmaker of all time. LeBron is already the best skip passer in NBA history, now imagine his skip passes if he could shoot like KD.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#4 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Dec 1, 2019 9:02 am

Giannis with Curry's jump shot
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,538

Post#5 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Dec 1, 2019 9:29 am

I think Giannis's gravity would defy the lows of physics. You would need like two people following him 10m from the basket. And it wouldn't be enough.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#6 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Dec 1, 2019 10:28 am

uberhikari wrote:The thing that will always separate Giannis and LeBron is passing. LeBron with Kd's jumper is actually unstoppable. We're talking about 70 TS% seasons on top being a top 10 playmaker of all time. LeBron is already the best skip passer in NBA history, now imagine his skip passes if he could shoot like KD.

Yea because Giannis isnt much better defender than Lebron and damn good passer?
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#7 » by No-more-rings » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:34 pm

I don’t think Lebron gets that much better from adding Kd’s jumper honestly. Giannis on the other hand becomes the goat offensive player, possibly by a lot along with defense comparable or better than peak Lebron’s. Don’t really care if he’s still behind in passing, i’m taking the goat 3 point shooter who can’t be pushed around by size or be targeted on defense.
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#8 » by No-more-rings » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:40 pm

uberhikari wrote:The thing that will always separate Giannis and LeBron is passing. LeBron with Kd's jumper is actually unstoppable. We're talking about 70 TS% seasons on top being a top 10 playmaker of all time. LeBron is already the best skip passer in NBA history, now imagine his skip passes if he could shoot like KD.

How do you figure Lebron would go from his typical 60-62 ts% in his prime up to 70 just by becoming a better shooter? He’s already become pretty good at it himself and also had some very good years from 3 point land. It becomes more and more difficult to sustain efficiency the higher up you go.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,498

Post#9 » by 70sFan » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:50 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:

Giannis is better defender than James but I wouldn't call him a "damn good passer". He's not bad, but not elite in that aspect either, even for a bigman.
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach
And1: 726

Post#10 » by Jiminy Glick » Sun Dec 1, 2019 8:03 pm

Giannis with Curry's shooting ability, Giannis is a better defender and rebounder than LeBron. This player would be so hard to defend. Also Curry is a better shooter than Durant and also the height and wingspan advantage is an important issue. An aspect of Durant's game is his size combined with his shooting ability. The height and wingspan of Giannis is similar but Giannis is much stronger.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#11 » by Colbinii » Sun Dec 1, 2019 8:31 pm

Hmm...so close and completely hypothetical.

I think this thread has lead us to something else worth discussion...

Bigger Gap: Giannis/LeBron defense or Giannis/LeBron Passing
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,774

Post#12 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Dec 1, 2019 8:58 pm

Colbinii wrote:Hmm...so close and completely hypothetical.

I think this thread has lead us to something else worth discussion...

Bigger Gap: Giannis/LeBron defense or Giannis/LeBron Passing

I think the passing gap is bigger, but if you're otherwise giving me what essentially amounts to a 6-11, better shooting version of LeBron-KD hybrid, I'm not sure it matters all that much. Giannis is already a pretty good passer himself, and I suspect becoming a GOAT-level shooter would enhance his playmaking quite a bit.
Bidofo
Pro Prospect
And1: 938

Post#13 » by Bidofo » Sun Dec 1, 2019 9:16 pm

Whichever one has Curry’s shooting.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#14 » by Bergmaniac » Sun Dec 1, 2019 9:30 pm

Curry is a significantly better shooter than KD, so I'd pick Giannis here.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#15 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:07 pm

70sFan wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:

Giannis is better defender than James but I wouldn't call him a "damn good passer". He's not bad, but not elite in that aspect either, even for a bigman.

For a bigman he is definitely elite, i do not understand how a person averaging 6 assists ,people keep forgetting he was bought up as a guard and has lot of passes that Lebron does but people keep to overlook that because he dosnt got the reputation Lebron got.

Magic Giannison came for it as well

Here is some form last year as example.

he is a fantastic passer
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#16 » by SweetTouch » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:14 pm

No finals mvps vs multiple finals MVPs

Easy decision
Stop being so disrespectful.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#17 » by 70sFan » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:30 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
70sFan wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Yea because Giannis isnt much better defender than Lebron and damn good passer?

For a bigman he is definitely elite, i do not understand how a person averaging 6 assists ,people keep forgetting he was bought up as a guard and has lot of passes that Lebron does but people keep to overlook that because he dosnt got the reputation Lebron got.

he is a fantastic passer

I can make highlights reel from Moses Malone passes, but it wouldn't make him good, let alone elite.

Giannis is decent passer (especially for a bigman) but he doesn't have great vision. He's surrounded by 4 shooters that spread the floor him and shooting more than any team in the league. That's why he averages 6 apg, not because he's great at that.

I'd say that he's worse passer than prime Duncan and Timmy wasn't elite passer either. He's not close to real elite passing bigs like Jokic, Garnett, Divac, Boerwinkle or Arvydas. He's right below Duncan/Wilt/Kareem/Barkley tier for me. Which is still good, but far from elite.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#18 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:44 pm

70sFan wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
70sFan wrote:Giannis is better defender than James but I wouldn't call him a "damn good passer". He's not bad, but not elite in that aspect either, even for a bigman.

he is a fantastic passer

I can make highlights reel from Moses Malone passes, but it wouldn't make him good, let alone elite.

Giannis is decent passer (especially for a bigman) but he doesn't have great vision. He's surrounded by 4 shooters that spread the floor him and shooting more than any team in the league. That's why he averages 6 apg, not because he's great at that.

I'd say that he's worse passer than prime Duncan and Timmy wasn't elite passer either. He's not close to real elite passing bigs like Jokic, Garnett, Divac, Boerwinkle or Arvydas. He's right below Duncan/Wilt/Kareem/Barkley tier for me. Which is still good, but far from elite.

Moses Malone didnt sniffed the passes Giannis makes, what Giannis did from the video alone had a lot of Lebronesue and magic type of passes thats the point, Giannis is the main facilitator for the team,Malone wasnt

GIannis is much better passer tan Timmy,come on now...

I do not understand the idea of promoting a false narrative on something that holds no merit. Giannis is much better passer than garnet ever wished, every statistics pretty much prove that. From potential assists to assist efficiency and to him playing as Point Forwards like Lebron does..

The reluctance of accepting that current era is better than the older one is something il never understand.

P.S Thes aren't career highlights from Giannis assists but his assists from last yea alone....its not some mixtape showing is best one he just does these every year and for some reason go unnoticed./
70sFan
RealGM

Post#19 » by 70sFan » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:16 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
70sFan wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:For a bigman he is definitely elite, i do not understand how a person averaging 6 assists ,people keep forgetting he was bought up as a guard and has lot of passes that Lebron does but people keep to overlook that because he dosnt got the reputation Lebron got.

he is a fantastic passer

Moses Malone didnt sniffed the passes Giannis makes, what Giannis did from the video alone had a lot of Lebronesue and magic type of passes thats the point, Giannis is the main facilitator for the team,Malone wasnt

GIannis is much better passer tan Timmy,come on now...

I do not understand the idea of promoting a false narrative on something that holds no merit. Giannis is much better passer than garnet ever wished, every statistics pretty much prove that. From potential assists to assist efficiency and to him playing as Point Forwards like Lebron does..

The reluctance of accepting that current era is better than the older one is something il never understand.

P.S Thes aren't career highlights from Giannis assists but his assists from last yea alone....its not some mixtape showing is best one he just does these every year and for some reason go unnoticed./

I didn't say a thing about era and I included Jokic who's far better passer than Giannis. LeBron is much, much better passer than Giannis and he plays in the same era.

Giannis handling the ball and kicking out to 4 shooters doesn't make him ATG passer. He has volume because he has a lot of opportunitites to create shots for others. That doesn't make him elite passer. He has more assists than Lonzo Ball for example, but he's not even close to him in terms of passing skills. Even larger gap is between someone like him and Bird. Even larger - him and Arvydas Sabonis.

Giannis is better passer than Garnett only for people who looks at boxscores. Garnett never played with so much space and so many shooters and he averaged the same amount of assists while being less ball-dominant and consistently finding better opportunities and making tougher passes. There is no case for Giannis over KG in terms of passing, it has nothing to do with eras or narratives or anything else (I don't even like Garnett and I'm not huge fan of his era either).
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#20 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:48 pm

GIannis doesn't just kick the ball to 4 people, you haven't even watched the video above alone.. come on man.

He literally draws players as he dribble and drives and findes open guy all the time even through PNR that he calls up, high screen pnr and pop outs are his favorites, no looks. e is even fantastic passer on cuts by others, e has done this multiple times this year alone

The fact that you bring Garnet is just enforcing my point further i didnt said just raw assist numbers but everything in package. Garnet couldn't remotely facilitate the offense like Giannis did much more that creating shots for others at that level.

The reason why Garnet wasn't getting so many opportunities is because he wasn't really at it as people think he was, this board vastly overrates Garnet.

You speak about spacing but you forget the in playoffs vs the Raptos alone Bucks shot 28% from the floor and here is a number for you.

Giannis had 31 potential assists from WIDE OPEN 3s alone in the series.

If you think it is because of spacing alone you havent watched Bucks play without him, you cannot blame the Bucks for playing a much efficient system than what garnet did for the same reason you don't blame Jordan for not being a good point shooter in his era.

Sabonis was fantastic passe indeed but again, because he was one of the first Big man doing it people blow his passing to proportions, because passing an playmaking in our era is much better than it ever used to be.

There is no metric that makes Ganet being better passer than the guy who grew up playing as a guard and throw Lebron type passes almost every game.

Il leave another 3 yea old video which showcasing his IQ and court vision and no its not just him kicking the ball to open shooters.

This video was during Kidd ea were spacing was non existent

Return to Player Comparisons