The Lebron Thread | 19-20 | Pt. 3

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Re: The Lebron Thread | 19-20 | Pt. 3 

Post#581 » by Slava » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:55 am

Dr Spaceman wrote:Why does JaVale get the flu every single year lol. Get ya flu shot bruh

He has asthma and considering its an auto-immune disease, I would imagine he has respiratory issues during flu season that can't do much about.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#582 » by RCM88x » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

picko wrote:The doom-and-gloom in this thread is amusing. This is the best team LeBron has had since 2012-13. They are on track for 64 wins. The pieces fit pretty well together and most players have a clearly defined role that they can perform.

LeBron is scoring less but contributing more and more importantly the team is performing at a much higher level than any LeBron team since 2012-13. Sometimes I think you'd rather LeBron score a lot and lose than for him to score a bit and win.

I think the problem is they've lost a lot of games where Lebron hasn't scored a lot.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,877

Post#583 » by Colbinii » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:35 pm

RCM88x wrote:
picko wrote:The doom-and-gloom in this thread is amusing. This is the best team LeBron has had since 2012-13. They are on track for 64 wins. The pieces fit pretty well together and most players have a clearly defined role that they can perform.

LeBron is scoring less but contributing more and more importantly the team is performing at a much higher level than any LeBron team since 2012-13. Sometimes I think you'd rather LeBron score a lot and lose than for him to score a bit and win.

I think the problem is they've lost a lot of games where Lebron hasn't scored a lot.

Lakers when LeBron scores 30 or more: 14-0
Lakers when LeBron scorer 20-29: 18-5
Lakers when LeBron scores less than 20: 3-4
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,809

Post#584 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:40 pm

nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:That is a possible option, I really do think Morris is likely too, which is also pretty scary.

They can still trade that 1st right?

Harkless, Robinson/Green and a 1st is a lot to give up for Iggy, by far the best deal they would get

I would hope he makes them worse as he has become a worse shooter and more injury prone, but that is just a negative way of looking at it

I wonder if Kuzma, Avery, and 2 2nds could net us RoCo somehow. I say that is doubtful

Buyout market rumors are quiet rn.

Marvin Williams? He may retire and maybe CHA wants to give him a real shot at a ring.

Not as good as he used to be but still a good 3 point shooter. Better than Kuzma is at it

Harkless + 1st is enough. I think it will be even less than that tho.

I doubt RoCo can defend Kawhi 1-on-1. Not strong enough

Salaries don’t work with just Moe

RoCo is pretty strong for a 3, no?

I understand, Harkless + Robinson + couple of 2nds

In Philly he primary defended guards, Jalen and Tatum killed him in '18 playoffs, but he was banged up. He would help, but he's not a stopper
:reporter:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,667

Post#585 » by nzahir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Harkless + 1st is enough. I think it will be even less than that tho.

I doubt RoCo can defend Kawhi 1-on-1. Not strong enough

Salaries don’t work with just Moe

In Philly he primary defended guards, Jalen and Tatum killed him in '18 playoffs, but he was banged up. He would help, but he's not a stopper

I could see that for LAC, kinda would suck for us

Say Iggy goes to LAC in that deal, what is your ideal world for us in terms of trades/signings
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,809

Post#586 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 pm

nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:Salaries don’t work with just Moe

I could see that for LAC, kinda would suck for us

Say Iggy goes to LAC in that deal, what is your ideal world for us in terms of trades/signings

Probably Collison and Williams from buyout market. I don't see realistic Kuzma trade that would make Lakers better.
:reporter:
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,689

Post#587 » by NbaAllDay » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:04 am

How do you guys think Lebron will handle the passing of Kobe?
We know they were pretty close and there were no other athletes aside for possible MJ in the NBA world who truly understood what it took to be that big and famous on a day to day basis.

It's interesting that he hasn't come out and said anything yet, I think it's hit him harder than most and I wonder how he will respond to it.
Jurassic_Park
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#588 » by Jurassic_Park » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:56 am

NbaAllDay wrote:How do you guys think Lebron will handle the passing of Kobe?
We know they were pretty close and there were no other athletes aside for possible MJ in the NBA world who truly understood what it took to be that big and famous on a day to day basis.

It's interesting that he hasn't come out and said anything yet, I think it's hit him harder than most and I wonder how he will respond to it.

Lebron just posted a msg on IG. Said it took him this long because he just kept crying.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,228

Post#589 » by CodeBreaker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 am

Jurassic_Park wrote:
NbaAllDay wrote:How do you guys think Lebron will handle the passing of Kobe?

Lebron just posted a msg on IG. Said it took him this long because he just kept crying.

i'd also literally cry all day when my idol/close friend leave this world
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#590 » by MyUniBroDavis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 am

Also piss of anyone still asking for trades this is the laker squad for better or for worse, you dont trade anyone right now and if it isnt enough then so be it
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Mazter
Sixth Man
And1: 768

Post#591 » by Mazter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Also piss of anyone still asking for trades this is the laker squad for better or for worse, you dont trade anyone right now and if it isnt enough then so be it

I agree, I guess everybody forgot what happened with the team chemistry when trade rumors started last season. The Lakers went 2-9 after the deadline and never really recovered. They could try it again, but the difference now is that they are winning and LeBron is healthy, so there really is no urgency.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#592 » by CKRT » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:I hope Lebron wins the title for Kobe.

Rooting for him and the Lakers.

lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#593 » by dcstanley » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:51 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Also piss of anyone still asking for trades this is the laker squad for better or for worse, you dont trade anyone right now and if it isnt enough then so be it

Yeah I was wondering if the team might take this approach. I doubt it since other contenders will be actively trying to get better.. I feel for any player on this team that might end up being on the outs.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#594 » by MyUniBroDavis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Mazter wrote:

I agree, I guess everybody forgot what happened with the team chemistry when trade rumors started last season. The Lakers went 2-9 after the deadline and never really recovered. They could try it again, but the difference now is that they are winning and LeBron is healthy, so there really is no urgency.

No thats obviously not why im saying piss off to any trades why do you think im saying piss off to any trades

Its not about lebrons 4th or the lakers 18th anymore
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#595 » by yoyoboy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Yeah I really don’t care how this season plays out anymore. What happened is just so so devastating and who wins basketball games just seems so irrelevant now.
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,808

Post#596 » by IG2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Yeah I really don’t care how this season plays out anymore. What happened is just so so devastating and who wins basketball games just seems so irrelevant now.

Give it some time. Time heals a lot. Everybody is down right now and rightfully so, but soon enough we'll all be losing our minds over some Laker loss.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#597 » by yoyoboy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:47 pm

IG2 wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Yeah I really don’t care how this season plays out anymore. What happened is just so so devastating and who wins basketball games just seems so irrelevant now.

Give it some time. Time heals a lot. Everybody is down right now and rightfully so, but soon enough we'll all be losing our minds over some Laker loss.

Even though you're probably right, imagining that almost feels worse to me. You feel guilty about the idea of simply moving on from something like this. His daughter especially had hardly even begun to experience life; it's just so tragic.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,673

Post#598 » by Heej » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:51 pm

I was wondering if the NBA will take a ratings hit from this in the short term cuz right now I really don't even feel in the mood to watch basketball. I don't know how the players are doing it to be quite honest. Feels like the whole world is in a malaise right now
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#599 » by JulesWinnfield » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 pm

I feel sadness and shock for Kobe as well but i dont share the apthy for basketball moving forward. Oddly enough i think if Kobe was alive (cant believe i just wrote that) he would probably disapprove of the game being cancelled, and all these teams taking 24 and 8 second violations in his honor. It goes against basically everything he spent 20 years preaching
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#600 » by SideshowBob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:54 am

Heej wrote:I was wondering if the NBA will take a ratings hit from this in the short term cuz right now I really don't even feel in the mood to watch basketball. I don't know how the players are doing it to be quite honest. Feels like the whole world is in a malaise right now

Yeah. Still feels surreal.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"

Return to Player Comparisons