Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Re: The Lebron Thread | 19-20 | Pt. 3 

Post#561 » by tone wone » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:57 am

thebigbird wrote:
GSP wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:He rarely the best player on the court against good teams.

VS Butler both times
VS Luka in 3/4 matchups
VS Jokic
VS Harden/Westbrook

Cmon guys. Are we really gonna overreact to a January run for a Lebron team?

Happens every year. Can't wait for the trading deadline to pass.

Is it an overreaction though? We knew in the summer that they lack wing defenders and perimeter initiators. And while they've had a great year so far, these are still legit questions.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#562 » by SeniorWalker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:26 am

I think this game was less about how the Lakers look and more about the Sixers. The Lakers have issues againsting to aggressive perimeter defenses for sure but they have time to adjust. It's January. I dont really expect them to go full bore every night. The fact that they have most of the season so far I is foolish actually, and they should be okay with pacing themselves a little more. LeBron for all his diminished athletic ability, will be more aggressive when it counts. Will it be enough? Their fate may not even be in their hands if the Clippers and Bucks are playing at full tilt late in the year, since they are strapped for cap.

The sixers however have a lot of questions to answer because they are really like Jekyll and hyde with Embiid-led lineups vs Simmons led lineups. Simmons looks so, so good without Embiid and with Embiid he looks like a role player. If they want to make a finals anytime soon they're going to have to figure out if that chemistry issue actually has a solution or if Simmons needs to go.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,752

Post#563 » by GSP » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 am

SeniorWalker wrote:I think this game was less about how the Lakers look and more about the Sixers. The Lakers have issues againsting to aggressive perimeter defenses for sure but they have time to adjust. It's January. I dont really expect them to go full bore every night. The fact that they have most of the season so far I is foolish actually, and they should be okay with pacing themselves a little more. LeBron for all his diminished athletic ability, will be more aggressive when it counts. Will it be enough? Their fate may not even be in their hands if the Clippers and Bucks are playing at full tilt late in the year, since they are strapped for cap.

The sixers however have a lot of questions to answer because they are really like Jekyll and hyde with Embiid-led lineups vs Simmons led lineups. Simmons looks so, so good without Embiid and with Embiid he looks like a role player. If they want to make a finals anytime soon they're going to have to figure out if that chemistry issue actually has a solution or if Simmons needs to go.

With the way Simmons has been playing this month they have to consider if Embiid is the one to go. I dont think its likely he will have a long career and hes already made of paper mache
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Post#564 » by Dr Spaceman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Why does JaVale get the flu every single year lol. Get ya flu shot bruh
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#565 » by evilpimp972 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:Lebron got outplayed almost in every matchup this season

Every big game he seems to not make a jumpshot at all lol, for half of those games it was the difference between winning and losing.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#566 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

LeBron the point guard does not appear to be an elite playoff scorer. They need a ball handler badly to get him off the ball and attacking off the wing.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#567 » by nzahir » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:40 pm

evilpimp972 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Lebron got outplayed almost in every matchup this season

Every big game he seems to not make a jumpshot at all lol, for half of those games it was the difference between winning and losing.

Last game vs clippers he did get hot in the 4th

But his jumper has come and gone through his whole career. Last couple years in mia were most consistent and that 2018 playoff run was all time insane

Hoping it shows up come postseason

We need collison and a 3/4 wing defender

Aaron Gordon would be great, but I don't see it possible

Would have to ship out DG, Kuzma, and avery and even another filler for him and a sg to replace DG
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,752

Post#568 » by GSP » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#569 » by RCM88x » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:55 pm

Lakers problem is their team is not good after LeBron and AD. And honestly AD really seems to only make a consistent impact defensively. Green and Dwight are far too inconsistent.

They desperately need a real PG but honestly I don't know if Collision at this point is really capable of that unless he returns to form 100%.

Still think Iggy should be their target but I'm not convinced Memphis will move him.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#570 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:22 am

RCM88x wrote:Lakers problem is their team is not good after LeBron and AD. And honestly AD really seems to only make a consistent impact defensively. Green and Dwight are far too inconsistent.

They desperately need a real PG but honestly I don't know if Collision at this point is really capable of that unless he returns to form 100%.

Still think Iggy should be their target but I'm not convinced Memphis will move him.

Iggy will probably be a Clipper. They have to find other options.

Can they even function in the next couple of weeks is a different question
:reporter:
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#571 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:25 am

GSP wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
GSP wrote:6-31 from 3 is the story of the game. Just not beating teams specially on the road shooting like that

inb4 overreactions

What do u mean?

He rarely the best player on the court against good teams.

VS Butler both times
VS Luka in 3/4 matchups
VS Jokic
VS Harden/Westbrook

They played the same game against Philly, Bucks and Clippers 4 times now. Still a small sample, but it's something. Pretty apparent that they don't have enough shooting, playmaking and wing defense
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#572 » by Greyhound » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:46 am

Mos_Heat wrote:
GSP wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:He rarely the best player on the court against good teams.

VS Butler both times
VS Luka in 3/4 matchups
VS Jokic
VS Harden/Westbrook

They played the same game against Philly, Bucks and Clippers 4 times now. Still a small sample, but it's something. Pretty apparent that they don't have enough shooting, playmaking and wing defense

What they need to do is play an ugly game, but I doubt the refs will allow it.

Against teams like the Clippers, Sixers and Bucks, they need to slow the tempo, protect the ball and pound the offensive glass.

Davis will be a key in this area, because he is soft at PF.

Having him at PF trying to show his total package is nice, but him strangling small ball fours on the block and offensive glass would be better.

That is where the Lakers advantage exists. In their size. Having their big forward dribbling around on the perimeter (and chucking up mid range step backs) neutralizes their size advantage.

Davis needs to study Tim Duncan’s game (moving forward).
Don't believe the hype...
nzahir
RealGM

Post#573 » by nzahir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:48 am

Mos_Heat wrote:
RCM88x wrote:Lakers problem is their team is not good after LeBron and AD. And honestly AD really seems to only make a consistent impact defensively. Green and Dwight are far too inconsistent.

Why would he become a clipper?

You think they will trade for him?

I rather see Troy Daniels play than Avery

Pelinka better not stand PAT at deadline. Got a week and a half to make a miracle happen
nzahir
RealGM

Post#574 » by nzahir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 am

Greyhound wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
GSP wrote:
VS Butler both times
VS Luka in 3/4 matchups
VS Jokic
VS Harden/Westbrook

What they need to do is play an ugly game, but I doubt the refs will allow it.

Against teams like the Clippers, Sixers and Bucks, they need to slow the tempo, protect the ball and pound the offensive glass.

Davis will be a key in this area, because he is soft at PF.

Having him at PF trying to show his total package is nice, but him strangling small ball fours on the block and offensive glass would be better.

That is where the Lakers advantage exists. In their size. Having their big forward dribbling around on the perimeter (and chucking up mid range step backs) neutralizes their size advantage.

Davis needs to study Tim Duncan’s game (moving forward).

We realistically need AD to play much more 5 and for him to be more aggressive.

If he is at the 4 and has a smaller guy on him, post up. If the help comes, we need dwight or mcgee to be effective on the glass and put backs

If he is at the 5, he needs to take them off the dribble and we need to put the Center in pick and roll with lebron.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#575 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:54 am

nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:

Pelinka better not stand PAT at deadline. Got a week and a half to make a miracle happen

Because their 1st rnd pick and Harkless' expiring are burning in their pockets. I'm pretty sure they are choosing between him and Morris bro. Trading for Iggy have two benefits: he's cheaper, he won't be a Laker.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#576 » by nzahir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:01 am

Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Iggy will probably be a Clipper. They have to find other options.

Because their 1st rnd pick and Harkless' expiring are burning in their pockets. I'm pretty sure they are choosing between him and Morris bro. Trading for Iggy have two benefits: he's cheaper, he won't be a Laker.

That is a possible option, I really do think Morris is likely too, which is also pretty scary.

They can still trade that 1st right?

Harkless, Robinson/Green and a 1st is a lot to give up for Iggy, by far the best deal they would get

I would hope he makes them worse as he has become a worse shooter and more injury prone, but that is just a negative way of looking at it

I wonder if Kuzma, Avery, and 2 2nds could net us RoCo somehow. I say that is doubtful

Buyout market rumors are quiet rn.

Marvin Williams? He may retire and maybe CHA wants to give him a real shot at a ring.

Not as good as he used to be but still a good 3 point shooter. Better than Kuzma is at it
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#577 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:10 am

nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:Why would he become a clipper?

That is a possible option, I really do think Morris is likely too, which is also pretty scary.

Harkless, Robinson/Green and a 1st is a lot to give up for Iggy, by far the best deal they would get

I would hope he makes them worse as he has become a worse shooter and more injury prone, but that is just a negative way of looking at it

I wonder if Kuzma, Avery, and 2 2nds could net us RoCo somehow. I say that is doubtful

Marvin Williams? He may retire and maybe CHA wants to give him a real shot at a ring.

Not as good as he used to be but still a good 3 point shooter. Better than Kuzma is at it

Harkless + 1st is enough. I think it will be even less than that tho.

I doubt RoCo can defend Kawhi 1-on-1. Not strong enough
nzahir
RealGM

Post#578 » by nzahir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:16 am

Mos_Heat wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Because their 1st rnd pick and Harkless' expiring are burning in their pockets. I'm pretty sure they are choosing between him and Morris bro. Trading for Iggy have two benefits: he's cheaper, he won't be a Laker.

Harkless + 1st is enough. I think it will be even less than that tho.

I doubt RoCo can defend Kawhi 1-on-1. Not strong enough

Salaries don’t work with just Moe

RoCo is pretty strong for a 3, no?
picko
Starter
And1: 3,420

Post#579 » by picko » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:21 am

The doom-and-gloom in this thread is amusing. This is the best team LeBron has had since 2012-13. They are on track for 64 wins. The pieces fit pretty well together and most players have a clearly defined role that they can perform.

LeBron is scoring less but contributing more and more importantly the team is performing at a much higher level than any LeBron team since 2012-13. Sometimes I think you'd rather LeBron score a lot and lose than for him to score a bit and win.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,418

Post#580 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 am

I hope Lebron wins the title for Kobe.

Rooting for him and the Lakers.

Return to Player Comparisons