PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, Doctor MJ, penbeast0

Dutchball97
Veteran
And1: 2,510

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics] 

Post#1081 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 1:44 pm

Odinn21 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:...

You're in Zandvoort this weekend? :D

Haha I wish. It was sold out so fast I had no chance. I live where most of the drivers stayed in hotels though so I did get to see quite a bit of the F1 circus but just watching on tv right now.
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#1082 » by Odinn21 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:11 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:
Odinn21 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:...

You're in Zandvoort this weekend? :D

Haha I wish. It was sold out so fast I had no chance. I live where most of the drivers stayed in hotels though so I did get to see quite a bit of the F1 circus but just watching on tv right now.

I never had a chance to see an F1 team on the job, I'd assume they'd be focused af, lol.
Glad you got to see some action though.

It looks like it'll be a dominant weekend for Verstappen.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,225

Post#1083 » by Goudelock » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:51 am

The Trae Young/Drake/Jay Z thread is following the classic formula of every other hip hop thread on RealGM:

Young man in his 20s says he thinks the rapper he's grown up listening to in his teens is the GOAT.

Older posters call said modern rapper "trash" and say the young man is stupid.

Older posters exalt the rappers they grew up listening to in their teens and early-20s as the GOAT.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Drake has been mediocre for a while now, but the hypocrisy of the older crowd always makes me laugh. And in 20 years, the once-young men who think Drake is the GOAT will be crapping on whoever the top artist is, and the cycle will continue.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,225

Post#1084 » by Goudelock » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:54 am

btw while i"m on the topic, 30 song albums is a trend that needs to die. Cut that **** to 10 good songs.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 15,809

Post#1085 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:51 am

Yeah, albums with a ton of tracks is a big turnoff.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 12,909

Post#1086 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:56 am

Double albums always make me feel that way
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 12,909

Post#1087 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:07 am

Goudelock wrote:The Trae Young/Drake/Jay Z thread is following the classic formula of every other hip hop thread on RealGM:

Young man in his 20s says he thinks the rapper he's grown up listening to in his teens is the GOAT.

Older posters exalt the rappers they grew up listening to in their teens and early-20s as the GOAT.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Drake has been mediocre for a while now, but the hypocrisy of the older crowd always makes me laugh. And in 20 years, the once-young men who think Drake is the GOAT will be crapping on whoever the top artist is, and the cycle will continue.

I wouldn't call myself the biggest rap expert here, but it seems to me like the recent trend of rapper is lyrics being the least important part, which is legit lame. Because the old rappers still did good on the musical part of their songs and had good rapping. The production/instrumental of the newer generation isn't good enough to justify weak rapping to me, it's not even better at all by my ears, their taste in beats seems repetitive and annoying, and I'm not going to claim that Drake is some great artist from a production standpoint when he's not even the one doing it, this guy Noah Shebib seems like he's the biggest reason for his success if the production is the biggest reason why. Drake then provides the charisma to sell it.

Now with that said nobody said Drake has to be the most important rapper of this generation, even if he ends up the most popular. So your example could be true that someone in a few decades say 2010s guys are the best, I'd just hope they are using rappers who are better than Drake.
Odinn21
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#1088 » by Odinn21 » Yesterday 1:44 am

Colbinii wrote:...

My PMs aren't working at the moment. How are you doing? I thought this latest project would interest you, kind of sad you're not in it yet.

Edit
Omfg, I just realized that you're not on the tag list. What a brainfart of me.
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 65,160

Post#1089 » by Texas Chuck » Yesterday 11:31 pm

Goudelock wrote:The Trae Young/Drake/Jay Z thread is following the classic formula of every other hip hop thread on RealGM:

Not sure subjective opinions are hypocrisy are they? If they like the older stuff more they like the older stuff more. If they don't like the new stuff, they don't like it.

Neither side is a hypocrite. They just have different taste as is to be expected. I mean I went from liking Fresh Prince and Young MC to Vanilla Ice/MC Hammer to Easy E back when I was a teen. I liked what I liked and didn't worry about my current or future cred.
bondom34 wrote:This is stupid and you know this is stupid.

Return to Player Comparisons