Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,238

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#561 » by ardee » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:59 pm

E-Balla wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I been trapped in the house since March so over the last month or so I've been walking like 10+ miles a day because I ran out of things to do in the house, and I don't snack so it's not like I'm eating more. I usually eat poorly when I'm out the house (like getting lunch everyday at work) but since I'm stuck at home I've just been buying healthy groceries and lean meat.

My job is making us go back into the office soon so I'm thinking I'll start going to the gym when that happens since I'll be out of my professional quarantine anyway. I gotta put on at least 15 lbs back. I've lost damn near 50 lbs in quarantine so far, a large amount of it muscle.

If u lose muscle u gain it back like mad, i havent worked out about two months before quarentine and got pretty skinny, 3 days of working out and eating somwhat healthy (but not bulking, lean bulking at most but prolly was eating below maintainence) and i was noticably bigger already, its faster than noob gains

I stopped because i got lazy and ill im trying to get is a jawline over getting ripped but still

I don't care about getting ripped. Just don't like being weak. Like my bench needs to be 225 at least, squat 350 at least, etc. I gotta get my minimum standards back.

Literally right before quarantine I hit a 275x12 squat at low 190s BW. I have had dumbbells at home the whole time and I've been training pretty hard, now low-mid 170s, but I seriously doubt I could squat even 225 for more than a few reps at this point. Lunges and Bulgarian split squats are fine for maintaining muscle but the carryover to strength is gonna be zero.

Have you tried to find gym equipment online?
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#562 » by E-Balla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:41 pm

ardee wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
If u lose muscle u gain it back like mad, i havent worked out about two months before quarentine and got pretty skinny, 3 days of working out and eating somwhat healthy (but not bulking, lean bulking at most but prolly was eating below maintainence) and i was noticably bigger already, its faster than noob gains

I stopped because i got lazy and ill im trying to get is a jawline over getting ripped but still

I don't care about getting ripped. Just don't like being weak. Like my bench needs to be 225 at least, squat 350 at least, etc. I gotta get my minimum standards back.

Literally right before quarantine I hit a 275x12 squat at low 190s BW. I have had dumbbells at home the whole time and I've been training pretty hard, now low-mid 170s, but I seriously doubt I could squat even 225 for more than a few reps at this point. Lunges and Bulgarian split squats are fine for maintaining muscle but the carryover to strength is gonna be zero.

No
I've been thinking of grabbing an Olympic weight lifting set from Walmart though. I'm also walking 75-80 miles a week so I'm absolutely shrinking. Once I'm back in the office I should be better off physically.
ardee
RealGM

Post#563 » by ardee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:32 pm

E-Balla wrote:
ardee wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I don't care about getting ripped. Just don't like being weak. Like my bench needs to be 225 at least, squat 350 at least, etc. I gotta get my minimum standards back.

No
I've been thinking of grabbing an Olympic weight lifting set from Walmart though. I'm also walking 75-80 miles a week so I'm absolutely shrinking. Once I'm back in the office I should be better off physically.

Idk about Walmart but Dick's Sporting Goods is selling a 300 lb barbell/plate set for like $250. Considered picking it up myself but just not sure what good it'll be to me without a rack: can't squat, can't bench, and can't deadlift in an apartment either.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#564 » by E-Balla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

ardee wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
ardee wrote:

No

Idk about Walmart but Dick's Sporting Goods is selling a 300 lb barbell/plate set for like $250. Considered picking it up myself but just not sure what good it'll be to me without a rack: can't squat, can't bench, and can't deadlift in an apartment either.

I got a house so I'm a bit better off. I'll have to empty out the living room but I can pull it off. Wouldn't invest in a barbell/plate set at the very least without a bench for bench pressing, etc.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#565 » by LKN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:24 pm

E-Balla wrote:
ardee wrote:
E-Balla wrote:No

I got a house so I'm a bit better off. I'll have to empty out the living room but I can pull it off. Wouldn't invest in a barbell/plate set at the very least without a bench for bench pressing, etc.

If you want something compact the selectech dumbless from bowflex are excellent. I have the set that goes up to 52.5 pounds each - thinking about buying the ones that go up to 100 each as I'm sick of doing so many reps on certain exercises lol.

Note that they have been crazy overpriced since the start of the pandemic though

https://smile.amazon.com/Bowflex-SelectTech-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Pair/dp/B001ARYU58/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3R2TSZXP94TZ3&dchild=1&keywords=selecttech+weight&qid=1597353834&sprefix=seletech%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-1
ardee
RealGM

Post#566 » by ardee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 pm

LKN wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
ardee wrote:

If you want something compact the selectech dumbless from bowflex are excellent. I have the set that goes up to 52.5 pounds each - thinking about buying the ones that go up to 100 each as I'm sick of doing so many reps on certain exercises lol.

Note that they have been crazy overpriced since the start of the pandemic though

https://smile.amazon.com/Bowflex-SelectTech-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Pair/dp/B001ARYU58/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3R2TSZXP94TZ3&dchild=1&keywords=selecttech+weight&qid=1597353834&sprefix=seletech%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-1

If you think that is overpriced the secondhand market will make you want to claw your eyes out. Dudes are selling their 30 lb dumbbells for $150 on FB marketplace. Apparently gym equipment sales went up by 700% at the start and companies have been scrambling to replace stock for five months now.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,252

Post#567 » by SideshowBob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:08 pm

WFH + 1:30 PM playoff basketball is something I could get used to. Watched more games in the last 3 weeks than I did all regular season.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,327

Post#568 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:20 am

Great statement by Ujiri. If you're on your phone turn it horizontally, easier to read.

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#569 » by E-Balla » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Great statement by Ujiri. If you're on your phone turn it horizontally, easier to read.

I love all the people that watched that video and STILL think Masai was in the wrong. Like he got pushed twice while holding his credentials and then the officer lied about injuries for a check and that's just ok I guess...
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#570 » by MisterHibachi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:57 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Great statement by Ujiri. If you're on your phone turn it horizontally, easier to read.

I love all the people that watched that video and STILL think Masai was in the wrong. Like he got pushed twice while holding his credentials and then the officer lied about injuries for a check and that's just ok I guess...

Absolutely absurd that the police department is still sticking to their story. And the guy has apparently been on vacation since the assault.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#571 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:20 pm

What reason did the police officer give for pushing Masai? I do recall reading he said that Masai pushed him first or something. There any other details outside of that?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#572 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:11 am

Can anyone give me insight as to what went wrong for the Spurs against OKC in 2016? The only game on youtube is the Game 1 mega beatdown
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#573 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:18 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Can anyone give me insight as to what went wrong for the Spurs against OKC in 2016? The only game on youtube is the Game 1 mega beatdown

OKC put out Adams and Kanter together and the Spurs couldn't match up with it.

Adams/Kanter lineups played 66 minutes in the series with over a +26 net rating. San Antonio couldn't really score at all with them out there (86 defensive rating).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#574 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:30 pm

edit
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#575 » by SideshowBob » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:20 pm

Bucks boycotting G5.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,976

Post#576 » by RCM88x » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 pm

I don't have a problem with the message they are trying to push but I feel this is not the right way to do it.

I think for a lot of people, this comes off either as a distraction from the event that occurred, or a bunch of extremely entitled kids pushing their views. Only time will tell what kind of impact this has on things.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#577 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:33 pm

F yeah, props to these guys.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#578 » by SideshowBob » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#579 » by yoyoboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 pm

If you're the NBA you have to cancel the season. All the players are impassioned about bringing about change, so let them go home to their communities where they can use their platforms to be active, lead protests, put pressure on their local governments, etc.
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#580 » by SideshowBob » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Blazers/Lakers too. Guessing league will shutdown tomorrow's games themselves, though I think you give the teams the room to position as boycotts.

Return to Player Comparisons