PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: Quotatious, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal

User avatar
MyUniBroDavis
Analyst
Posts: 3,152
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jan 14, 2013
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#621 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:02 pm

ardee wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
ardee wrote:
I'm a nonwhite man in my 20s and I wear a mask :roll: If you think the only people who don't have sympathy for a violent career criminal with home invasion and sexual assault on his rap sheet belong to that particular age group and race then you're the one in a bubble... which makes sense because you're not from here and have only spent time in a city that is not remotely representative of the rest of the country.


Oh yes, im sure that oklahoma cops are much better than the ones in LA buddy

Im not saying hes a perfect person but if he was white they wouldnt have shot him

Fact is ive lived in THE liberal state for 2 years and i cna see how apparent police racial discrimination is, both my sisters whove lived here for 10 and 5 years see the same thing


Lol read my response again.

I said because you live in a liberal bubble that is nothing like the rest of America you seem to think that only people of a certain race and age group hold "no-no" beliefs. The fact is that plenty of people of all races and age groups lack sympathy for people who break into others' houses and commit sexual assault, despite what your experience with leftists in said bubble may have you believe.


I mean if ur dense enough to believe that the main problem here is his history rather than what it shows about anerican society than be my guest

Let me rephrase this. If ur a 60 year old white male who doesnt wear a mask, the odds that after an instance of police brutality occuring, the first thing you google is "victim history" is pretty damn high

Im not even ACAB as much as most people but if you wanna continue to try to convince yourself there isnt a problem with police brutality then by all means buddy say ALM with pride lmao
oof
User avatar
ardee
RealGM
Posts: 13,982
And1: 4,503
Joined: Nov 16, 2011
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#622 » by ardee » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:20 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
ardee wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Oh yes, im sure that oklahoma cops are much better than the ones in LA buddy

Im not saying hes a perfect person but if he was white they wouldnt have shot him

Fact is ive lived in THE liberal state for 2 years and i cna see how apparent police racial discrimination is, both my sisters whove lived here for 10 and 5 years see the same thing


Lol read my response again.

I said because you live in a liberal bubble that is nothing like the rest of America you seem to think that only people of a certain race and age group hold "no-no" beliefs. The fact is that plenty of people of all races and age groups lack sympathy for people who break into others' houses and commit sexual assault, despite what your experience with leftists in said bubble may have you believe.


I mean if ur dense enough to believe that the main problem here is his history rather than what it shows about anerican society than be my guest

Let me rephrase this. If ur a 60 year old white male who doesnt wear a mask, the odds that after an instance of police brutality occuring, the first thing you google is "victim history" is pretty damn high

Im not even ACAB but if you wanna continue to try to convince yourself there isnt a problem with police brutality then by all means buddy say ALM with pride lmao


Ok buddy. I am so sorry that American society is not to your liking. I am sorry you were compelled to move here and are being forced to experience all its horrors. Us locals are just so torn up that you don't like it.
Back the Blue.
User avatar
MyUniBroDavis
Analyst
Posts: 3,152
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jan 14, 2013
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#623 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:35 pm

ardee wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
ardee wrote:
Lol read my response again.

I said because you live in a liberal bubble that is nothing like the rest of America you seem to think that only people of a certain race and age group hold "no-no" beliefs. The fact is that plenty of people of all races and age groups lack sympathy for people who break into others' houses and commit sexual assault, despite what your experience with leftists in said bubble may have you believe.


I mean if ur dense enough to believe that the main problem here is his history rather than what it shows about anerican society than be my guest

Let me rephrase this. If ur a 60 year old white male who doesnt wear a mask, the odds that after an instance of police brutality occuring, the first thing you google is "victim history" is pretty damn high

Im not even ACAB but if you wanna continue to try to convince yourself there isnt a problem with police brutality then by all means buddy say ALM with pride lmao


Ok buddy. I am so sorry that American society is not to your liking. I am sorry you were compelled to move here and are being forced to experience all its horrors. Us locals are just so torn up that you don't like it.


Lmao me saying theres a problem with american society = me saying its the worst in the world apparently, makes sense especially considering i come from indonesia Ive seen more **** during my senior year of highschool than you have in ur entire life buddy trust

"Us locals" lmfao piss off. Kinda shameful I already know more about this place than you do. Whether I get a work visa or an investors visa to live here doesnt change that
oof
User avatar
MyUniBroDavis
Analyst
Posts: 3,152
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jan 14, 2013
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#624 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 pm

Mans just put back the blue in his sig, says all lives matter and basically called out a kid from a third world country for being a snowflake lmfao Saying "us locals"

Mans literally out here with the trump 2020 starter pack
oof
User avatar
eminence
General Manager
Posts: 7,709
And1: 4,532
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#625 » by eminence » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Whew, just short of the ol' fashioned 'go back where you came from' up in here.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17 (For now?)
No-more-rings
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,760
And1: 1,848
Joined: Oct 04, 2018

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#626 » by No-more-rings » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Like i said earlier, this is a touchy subject and I'm not going to get too involved in bickering.

My views i think are pretty clear:

- Yes there's an historical and ongoing issue regarding police brutality and profiling against minorities, blacks particularly. And yes there needs to be change brought about. I don't think anyone with sense disagrees with that.

- No, resorting to rioting, looting, burning, etc to innocent people and businesses isn't the answer, and it's basically evil. It wreaks havoc on not only the economy but people's finances, mental well being, etc. It's a lose lose for everyone it really is.

- People get too caught up on the semantics of my "protest crime" comment, maybe a better way to put it is people need to do a much better job of speaking out on it and stop acting like it's not a bigger issue. The NBA players I'm disappointed in, they need to at least come out and condemn those who are creating chaos in these cities because all that does is make everyone else's lives more difficult of all races. They haven't been good role models which ironically they're supposed to be. But that's probably expecting too much.

- If black people want equality, which they absolutely deserve, they need to be held accountable the way that whites do. Like i said in the general board with the Harrell comment about Luka, I'm not going to say if it's racist or not, but if Luka said that about a black player all hell would break lose and he'd be run out of the league. In other words, let's not act like that just because your skin isn't white that it's OK to be hateful and racist towards others.

- Many blacks weren't given the same opportunities that whites have, true. However there still comes a point where that excuse runs out. I've known many blacks coming out of a bad neighborhood where some of which took school seriously, etc and went on to make something of themselves, others chose the life of criminality which they have to hold their own accountability for at some point. And that applies to other races as well, i criticize white thugs the same exact way.

- I'm not an old man nor do i even like Donald Trump.

I wish the media would listen more to the people like below, and stop baiting people into race wars. I can't stand Don Lemon.



User avatar
toodles23
Analyst
Posts: 3,384
And1: 2,197
Joined: Jun 09, 2010

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#627 » by toodles23 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Mans just put back the blue in his sig, says all lives matter and basically called out a kid from a third world country for being a snowflake lmfao Saying "us locals"

Mans literally out here with the trump 2020 starter pack

If you think the stuff he's said in this thread is bad and cringe you should see what he's posted on the Current Affairs board.
User avatar
GSP
RealGM
Posts: 10,868
And1: 4,889
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#628 » by GSP » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:18 am

Onlyfans really just got a salary cap lmaooooo
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,100
And1: 48,328
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#629 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

RIP.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 105,223
And1: 56,941
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#630 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:42 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Mans just put back the blue in his sig, says all lives matter and basically called out a kid from a third world country for being a snowflake lmfao Saying "us locals"

Mans literally out here with the trump 2020 starter pack



Par for the course
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
Posts: 17,115
And1: 12,708
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
     

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#631 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:45 am

Get outta here ya foreigner!!! :lol: :lol:

Also, that All Lives Matter description lol. Where are the All Lives Matter protests for racial injustices? I'm waiting for them, what a great advocacy group. Glad to see they're really making a difference, especially the ones in Dakotas that have police officers turn a blind eye to whites openly raping the indigenous people - pretty sure they're all the same guys who yell All Lives Matter. :nod:


Also, after I just said All Lives Matter is merely a contrarian stance to Black Lives Matter and not an actual advocacy group - as the only group they've ever defended are police (which aren't an ethnicity...) ardee then adds in his sig "back the police". :o




By the way, I mentioned I was reading comics while waiting for the post season to restart and discovered this recent one that came out in 2019 - it's actually really good so far. Don't see much with Superman and Asian-Americans.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-Smashes-the-Klan/Issue-1?id=162331

Image
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 31,760
And1: 20,518
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#632 » by E-Balla » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:00 pm

When will NBA players grow nuts?

What a meaningless gesture, y'all are all at least hundred thousandaires, is the difference between 20 million and 40 million really worth human lives?
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 31,760
And1: 20,518
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#633 » by E-Balla » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:13 pm

No-more-rings wrote:
eminence wrote:
No-more-rings wrote:What protests? A lot of them are devolving into rioting, looting, burning business etc. Almost certainly some of the businesses are black owned. That hurts black people more than it helps anyone.


You asked:

"Black lives do matter, so why aren't people protesting the fact that blacks kill more blacks than whites do?"

I'm asking how that would work? Seems a bit of a fools errand to me.

A "fools errand" to me is burning and looting businesses thinking that's going to bring about change. Or destroying vehicles, or attempting to drag people out of their cars and beat them to death. No, it's dividing the country up more than ever, and it's causing more harm than a random police shooting ever could.

Go look up how the Fair Housing Act got passed.

It literally took a week of rioting for the government to pass something that was being advocated for for years with no support. Watts, Detroit, Baltimore, etc. might've never economically recovered from those riots but without them I wouldn't personally own my home. The only thing dividing the country is what's always divided us. White supremacy and the white supremacists that uphold those systems.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 31,760
And1: 20,518
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#634 » by E-Balla » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:30 pm

ardee wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
ardee wrote:
Lol read my response again.

I said because you live in a liberal bubble that is nothing like the rest of America you seem to think that only people of a certain race and age group hold "no-no" beliefs. The fact is that plenty of people of all races and age groups lack sympathy for people who break into others' houses and commit sexual assault, despite what your experience with leftists in said bubble may have you believe.


I mean if ur dense enough to believe that the main problem here is his history rather than what it shows about anerican society than be my guest

Let me rephrase this. If ur a 60 year old white male who doesnt wear a mask, the odds that after an instance of police brutality occuring, the first thing you google is "victim history" is pretty damn high

Im not even ACAB but if you wanna continue to try to convince yourself there isnt a problem with police brutality then by all means buddy say ALM with pride lmao


Ok buddy. I am so sorry that American society is not to your liking. I am sorry you were compelled to move here and are being forced to experience all its horrors. Us locals are just so torn up that you don't like it.

You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the same people who's murder you justify.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,100
And1: 48,328
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#635 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 pm

People still don't know what all lives matter really means and are acting like police are some oppressed group to be contrarian toward actual racism.

If anyone ever wants to know how backward America is, there you have it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 11,546
And1: 13,822
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#636 » by yoyoboy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Imagine thinking an organization whose primary purposes are to intimidate, bully, be aggressive, be violent, and start the process of locking people up is the best solution we can do for all the social problems affecting our society. And that it doesn't make sense to have varying groups specifically designed and trained to deal with their exact areas of expertise so that they can better handle situations that can most likely be deescalated. And that better tackling poverty and poor education which are the true sources of the vast majority of crime committed shouldn't even be considered, and instead we should continue to just focus on punishing people and taking them completely out of society which only hurts the country economically.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,100
And1: 48,328
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#637 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm

E-Balla wrote:When will NBA players grow nuts?

What a meaningless gesture, y'all are all at least hundred thousandaires, is the difference between 20 million and 40 million really worth human lives?

Also though I wouldn't use quite the same wording :lol: I kind of agree.

We just saw them going back changed focus. I'm not a minority so I guess don't have the same POV but changing games from Wednesday to Saturday and all the racist NBA fans will be right back at it. I understand some of the lower level guys don't have the money, but we did just see what happened when they went back. Wednesday really felt historic and not sure what happens now.

IDK, the games just don't feel like they matter at all anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and it does change but kind of feels like we just saw this (oh and Kyrie was right).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 31,760
And1: 20,518
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#638 » by E-Balla » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:28 pm

bondom34 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:When will NBA players grow nuts?

What a meaningless gesture, y'all are all at least hundred thousandaires, is the difference between 20 million and 40 million really worth human lives?

Also though I wouldn't use quite the same wording :lol: I kind of agree.

We just saw them going back changed focus. I'm not a minority so I guess don't have the same POV but changing games from Wednesday to Saturday and all the racist NBA fans will be right back at it. I understand some of the lower level guys don't have the money, but we did just see what happened when they went back. Wednesday really felt historic and not sure what happens now.

The brokest player in the bubble has enough money to sit out if he felt like it. This ain't nothing but greed because there's no significant gap in the lifestyle of someone making 600k (lets say that would be the new minimum contract) and 900k.

If they canceled the season this would forever be remembered as one of the biggest strikes ever. 2020 would be the one season with no champion and whenever someone asked why the answer would be "because players decided their lives were worth more than an extra million".
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,100
And1: 48,328
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#639 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:33 pm

E-Balla wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:When will NBA players grow nuts?

What a meaningless gesture, y'all are all at least hundred thousandaires, is the difference between 20 million and 40 million really worth human lives?

Also though I wouldn't use quite the same wording :lol: I kind of agree.

We just saw them going back changed focus. I'm not a minority so I guess don't have the same POV but changing games from Wednesday to Saturday and all the racist NBA fans will be right back at it. I understand some of the lower level guys don't have the money, but we did just see what happened when they went back. Wednesday really felt historic and not sure what happens now.

The brokest player in the bubble has enough money to sit out if he felt like it. This ain't nothing but greed because there's no significant gap in the lifestyle of someone making 600k (lets say that would be the new minimum contract) and 900k.

If they canceled the season this would forever be remembered as one of the biggest strikes ever. 2020 would be the one season with no champion and whenever someone asked why the answer would be "because players decided their lives were worth more than an extra million".

I'm less sure given the cba changes due to COVID, and remember McCollum talking about guys living paycheck to paycheck before all this.

That said, I do agree with your point, though to be totally honest I've been a bit less into it the last few weeks (I get a weird anxiety with watching for some reason) so may be biased and just not wanting it to return myself anyway. But I can't shake a feeling like you said it would be remembered forever. Also kind of wonder if fans woul find another sport to watch.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 12,733
And1: 14,269
Joined: Aug 28, 2013

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#640 » by PaulieWal » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 pm

E-Balla wrote:The brokest player in the bubble has enough money to sit out if he felt like it. This ain't nothing but greed because there's no significant gap in the lifestyle of someone making 600k (lets say that would be the new minimum contract) and 900k.


And you're saying this based on what? Sure, if someone manages their money well you can have enough savings accumulated earning 600K that you can survive for a few months to a year. But you would be surprised with a lot of these rich people - not just players. They are all on the earn and spend treadmill where they are living off maxed out LOCs, credit cards etc, and essentially live paycheque to paycheque. On top of that most of these guys usually don't manage their finances well, how many players go broke a few years after they stop playing? It's easy for you to sit here and say they ******** out or whatever, but you don't know if they checked with their advisors/accountants and realized that no, they actually couldn't afford to miss a quarter of their projected income for the year or risk serious financial troubles.

I'd have supported the players decision to not play at all or now if they want to play because of their own finances, it's silly to go around calling them names just because they didn't do what you think is the right thing here.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.

Return to Player Comparisons