12-17 Chris Paul
21%

Total votes: 39

Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,440

Re: Better stretch of play- 2012-2017 CP3 vs 88-93 Michael Jordan 

Post#21 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pm

Is this a joke thread to troll me, Lord of CP3 haters?

Paul in 2012-2017 to MJ's athletic peak?

**** me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
mysticOscar
Starter
And1: 1,541

Post#22 » by mysticOscar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:54 pm

I wonder how many of CP3 votes are just troll votes. Would pick the stretch which has 3 championships, 3 final mvps, 3 MVPs
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,814

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:29 am

A quarter of the votes are right.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,175

Post#24 » by dygaction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 am

mysticOscar wrote:I wonder how many of CP3 votes are just troll votes. Would pick the stretch which has 3 championships, 3 final mvps, 3 MVPs

Wish the polls show user names. Then you can see who feed the trolls and who real trippin..
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#25 » by No-more-rings » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:08 am

To me every Jordan year in this stretch is higher than Paul’s peak lol.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#26 » by bledredwine » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 am

Baski wrote:
bledredwine wrote:Thanks. I needed the chuckle this morning.

I actually find these threads useful because the voting reflects the blind bias on this board.

The three most disliked players here are Jordan, Kobe and Durant. Hmmmmmm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: stop it

3 lol's = emotional gut reaction

The irony of you quoting that when you're one of the the prime examples of this

And your quoting of that with exaggerated emojis just verifies it, now doesn't it?
Bet you didn't think of that before posting :wink:
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#27 » by Baski » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:19 am

bledredwine wrote:
Baski wrote:
bledredwine wrote:Thanks. I needed the chuckle this morning.

I actually find these threads useful because the voting reflects the blind bias on this board.

The three most disliked players here are Jordan, Kobe and Durant. Hmmmmmm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: stop it

And your quoting of that with exaggerated emojis just verifies it, now doesn't it?

Well it is an honour to be recognized, but:

1. I think you're perceiving people who don't regard him as highly as you do as "haters". There are practically zero posters who don't rate Jordan at the very top of the NBA all time standings. You're gonna see his flaws highlighted a couple of times but everybody loves Michael Jordan the basketball player.
2. Trying to place Jordan in the same league as Kobe and Durant in terms of haters is ridiculous. There are minimum 5 active players now who are more hated than Jordan.
3. And not that it matters, but Jordan is my GOAT
4. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stop it
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#28 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:30 am

I give thumbs up to this troll thread cause he was understated in the OP and committed to the kayfabe therefore you weren’t totally 100% convinced it was a farce to show up the other thread until you really thought about it or looked through his post history. It was a quiet troll performance like Mark Rylance in Bridge of Spies rather than Meryl Streep trying hard to win an Oscar in a movie like August Osage County
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#29 » by bledredwine » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Baski wrote:
bledredwine wrote:

Well it is an honour to be recognized, but:

1. I think you're perceiving people who don't regard him as highly as you do as "haters". There are practically zero posters who don't rate Jordan at the very top of the NBA all time standings. You're gonna see his flaws highlighted a couple of times but everybody loves Michael Jordan the basketball player.
2. Trying to place Jordan in the same league as Kobe and Durant in terms of haters is ridiculous. There are minimum 5 active players now who are more hated than Jordan.
3. And not that it matters, but Jordan is my GOAT
4. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stop it

OK,

so your points, decorated by emojis and emotion are...

1. You don't think that there's hate or diminishing of Jordan's legacy on the realgm player comparison forum

2. Michael Jordan is your GOAT

fair enough.

I'll agree to disagree on point 1 because

A. The polls here vs. stats and outside opinions constantly reflect bias towards the modern p layers (and I'm shocked if you genuinely believe otherwise). This has constantly been evidenced by threads such as the midrange thread, where Jordan was diminished and only mentioned twice before my comment, then shown to actually be an outlier, way above the rest in the volume/efficiency combo

B. The same exact 7-8 posters quote me, and all have one player in common that they're a fan of. How shocking that is as well.
'
and

C. Recency bias is a common and proven phenomena. If Jordan was playing today, can you imagine how obnoxious the posters would be on the player comparison forum? Imagine 20 of me. He was so good at the time that he was bigger than basketball..... and you know that.

So agree or disagree with these, with as many emojis as you'd like. Have at it! That said, I encourage you to be honest with yourself, and reflect on a couple of my points. They are valid and I have a feeling that you already know it and are just unaware.

And ask yourself this. If I quoted you as saying Michael Jordan is your GOAT for my sig (I won't), would that or would it not annoy you?
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Baski » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:25 pm

double
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Baski » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:53 pm

bledredwine wrote:
OK,

1. You don't think that there's hate or diminishing of Jordan's legacy on the realgm player comparison forum

This brings me back to my point about you perceiving anything less than your level of praise as diminishing or hating. People are gonna talk about Jordan's flaws because he had them, and there are multiple things he wasn't the best at.
To put things into perspective, there are probably more Westbrook/Harden/Lebron/Curry/KD hate threads than there are Jordan threads period (love and hate).

A. The polls here vs. stats and outside opinions constantly reflect bias towards the modern p layers (and I'm shocked if you genuinely believe otherwise). This has constantly been evidenced by threads such as the midrange thread, where Jordan was diminished and only mentioned twice before my comment, then shown to actually be an outlier, way above the rest in the volume/efficiency combo

Still sounds like "Jordan isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread=I hate Jordan" to me. There have been a lot of really good midrange shooters in NBA history. Plus there's less data for MJ than the more recent guys, and you're likely exaggerating how underrated he was in the thread.
B. The same exact 7-8 posters quote me, and all have one player in common that they're a fan of. How shocking that is as well.

I dunno what to say here. Do those guys represnt the entire PC board? Or better yet, do those guys have Jordan outside the top 3 all time? Both answers are likely no and I don't really see the outrage unless you think anything less than GOAT by far is underrating or hating Jordan.
and

C. Recency bias is a common and proven phenomena. If Jordan was playing today, can you imagine how obnoxious the posters would be on the player comparison forum? Imagine 20 of me. He was so good at the time that he was bigger than basketball..... and you know that.

Which is why to this day he's widely regarded by the majority of people as the GOAT, even here on the PC board. You can't expect him to be talked about as much as the current superstars because he doesn't play anymore, but when he does come up, there's a healthy majority of posters that champion him in the most positive light, and (as of now) no amount of minority Lebron pushing is going to change that fact. Again, the PC board loves Jordan. He's right at the top of all voting projects that have been held here.
Also, recency bias cuts both ways. For every player who gets overrated due to playing today, there's a large amount of hate that gets pushed his way that he wouldn't be getting if he were retired.
So agree or disagree with these, with as many emojis as you'd like. Have at it! That said, I encourage you to be honest with yourself, and reflect on a couple of my points. They are valid and I have a feeling that you already know it and are just unaware.

Seriously if you're so sure why don't you just start a thread with a poll and see how many people hate Jordan. He's winning this poll by a massive margin and you're getting offended on his behalf that 7 people (some of whom have admitted to doing so as a joke) dared to not prefer 5 years of MJ to 5 years of CP3.
Of course, back to my point number 1, if you think a minority not having Jordan as the greatest ever is proof of him being as hated as Kobe and Durant, then yeah that's where we have to agree to disagree.
Do you wanna know what hate is? This is hate:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=79679124#p79679124

And ask yourself this. If I quoted you as saying Michael Jordan is your GOAT for my sig (I won't), would that or would it not annoy you?

I don't see why it would, cos it's both true and good publicity. But I'm not seeing the point with this. It would just paint me as that guy who thinks Jordan is the GOAT. Sooo.............yay?
rocopc
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#32 » by rocopc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:56 pm

What happen in this board with CP3..... are all crazy or what????? ....just stop this madness I know its pre ring and first 3 MJ but still.... CP3 really..... my god.....
"No dejes que tus pensamientos escapen de tu control"
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#33 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:16 pm

rocopc wrote:What happen in this board with CP3..... are all crazy or what????? ....just stop this madness I know its pre ring and first 3 MJ but still.... CP3 really..... my god.....

OP is a troll and you fell for it.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
rocopc
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#34 » by rocopc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Colbinii wrote:
rocopc wrote:What happen in this board with CP3..... are all crazy or what????? ....just stop this madness I know its pre ring and first 3 MJ but still.... CP3 really..... my god.....

oh... its ok... I dont know him... and so many posts in this thread... .. well better falling for this that so many people crazy enough to put CP3 in that level
"No dejes que tus pensamientos escapen de tu control"
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#35 » by ronnymac2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm

I had to reread the OP multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing something. My mind was trying to formulate a reasonable thread idea/question given the words on the screen. :lol:
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#36 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm

rocopc wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

oh... its ok... I dont know him... and so many posts in this thread... .. well better falling for this that so many people crazy enough to put CP3 in that level

I don't think comparing Paul to arguably the best 6-year prime ever and to the end of the top 20 in career rankings are remotely similar in terms of crazy.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,360

Post#37 » by Ambrose » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:32 pm

You're kidding right? CP3 has no argument.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,360

Post#38 » by Ambrose » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Baski wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
OK,

This brings me back to my point about you perceiving anything less than your level of praise as diminishing or hating. People are gonna talk about Jordan's flaws because he had them, and there are multiple things he wasn't the best at.
To put things into perspective, there are probably more Westbrook/Harden/Lebron/Curry/KD hate threads than there are Jordan threads period (love and hate).

Still sounds like "Jordan isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread=I hate Jordan" to me. There have been a lot of really good midrange shooters in NBA history. Plus there's less data for MJ than the more recent guys, and you're likely exaggerating how underrated he was in the thread.

I dunno what to say here. Do those guys represnt the entire PC board? Or better yet, do those guys have Jordan outside the top 3 all time? Both answers are likely no and I don't really see the outrage unless you think anything less than GOAT by far is underrating or hating Jordan.
and

Which is why to this day he's widely regarded by the majority of people as the GOAT, even here on the PC board. You can't expect him to be talked about as much as the current superstars because he doesn't play anymore, but when he does come up, there's a healthy majority of posters that champion him in the most positive light, and (as of now) no amount of minority Lebron pushing is going to change that fact. Again, the PC board loves Jordan. He's right at the top of all voting projects that have been held here.
Also, recency bias cuts both ways. For every player who gets overrated due to playing today, there's a large amount of hate that gets pushed his way that he wouldn't be getting if he were retired.

Seriously if you're so sure why don't you just start a thread with a poll and see how many people hate Jordan. He's winning this poll by a massive margin and you're getting offended on his behalf that 7 people (some of whom have admitted to doing so as a joke) dared to not prefer 5 years of MJ to 5 years of CP3.
Of course, back to my point number 1, if you think a minority not having Jordan as the greatest ever is proof of him being as hated as Kobe and Durant, then yeah that's where we have to agree to disagree.
Do you wanna know what hate is? This is hate:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=79679124#p79679124

I don't see why it would, cos it's both true and good publicity. But I'm not seeing the point with this. It would just paint me as that guy who thinks Jordan is the GOAT. Sooo.............yay?

He's a completely irrational Jordan supporter. The fact that he rubs people who have Jordan as their GOAT (ex: You, me) the wrong way shows how out of it he is. There is no way Jordan is a top 20 hated player on this board, let alone top 3.
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Baski » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Ambrose wrote:He's a completely irrational Jordan supporter. The fact that he rubs people who have Jordan as their GOAT (ex: You, me) the wrong way shows how out of it he is. There is no way Jordan is a top 20 hated player on this board, let alone top 3.

That part cracked me up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jordan, Kobe and Durant lmao. Tbf it's about time someone tries to sneak Jordan next to Kobe for a change instead of the inverse.
jdzimme3
Pro Prospect
And1: 305

Post#40 » by jdzimme3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Honest question, what is the rule on trolling threads getting locked? This feels like someone trying to make Chris Paul fans look bad

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Player Comparisons