Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Re: Add 2006 Dirk to Jazz 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:27 am

dygaction wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:
They were a +0.2 team without Dirk, facing other subs. Who is going to fill out that glory 27ppg hole with great efficiency for the rest of the team as the starter when facing the other teams' starters?

Well they will use the Cap Space to get someone.

Jason Terry could increase his usage a bit, as could a couple other pieces, but you are completely off-base with these meaningless claims.

The 2006 Mavericks were built perfectly around Dirk to maximize Dirk.

Funny how you back and forth contradict yourself with meaningless claims and call other people off-base. Well they could use the cap space to sign LeBron to be an even better team but that was not what you were arguing.

Huh?

I never contradicted myself.

I just don't understand what merit or grounds claiming someones supporting cast would be "A team in the lottery".

1) Most casts would be in the lottery throughout NBA History.

2) Most casts of a star are built around the star. Removing the battery from the device makes the device not function.

I don't think I am arguing anything other than I don't think Dirk would lead this team to 70 wins. Low to mid 60's is where I would put them.

What does "They would be a lotter team" even mean? My point is they could be a 40 win team and be in the lottery or a 20 win team and be complete trash. The difference between these teams is enormous.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,147

Post#22 » by dygaction » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 am

Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Jason Terry could increase his usage a bit, as could a couple other pieces, but you are completely off-base with these meaningless claims.

Funny how you back and forth contradict yourself with meaningless claims and call other people off-base. Well they could use the cap space to sign LeBron to be an even better team but that was not what you were arguing.

Huh?

I never contradicted myself.

I just don't understand what merit or grounds claiming someones supporting cast would be "A team in the lottery".

1) Most casts would be in the lottery throughout NBA History.

2) Most casts of a star are built around the star. Removing the battery from the device makes the device not function.

I don't think I am arguing anything other than I don't think Dirk would lead this team to 70 wins. Low to mid 60's is where I would put them.

What does "They would be a lotter team" even mean? My point is they could be a 40 win team and be in the lottery or a 20 win team and be complete trash. The difference between these teams is enormous.

but since when "taking someone out" = "they can use that cap space to get someone"? Wouldn't that translate to "replace A with B"? When we say "taking LeBron out of Lakers" the lakers would be a lottery team, can one argue then you can use the super max to get Luka + Giannis?
Let's say with or without Dirk, that Mavs is a 60 or 40 win team. Most likely that is enough to elevate the current #2 team on a 58 win pace in the top heavy west that often struggles in offense to a 70 win.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:00 am

dygaction wrote:but since when "taking someone out" = "they can use that cap space to get someone"? Wouldn't that translate to "replace A with B"? When we say "taking LeBron out of Lakers" the lakers would be a lottery team, can one argue then you can use the super max to get Luka + Giannis?

Huh?

Let's say with or without Dirk, that Mavs is a 60 or 40 win team. Most likely that is enough to elevate the current #2 team on a 58 win pace in the top heavy west that often struggles in offense to a 70 win.

No it isn't and the Jazz don't struggle offensively.

The Jazz have the 7th best Ortg in the league.

Not including today's game, the Jazz are 13-1 in their last 14, they have only 4 games with an Offensive Rating below 120 [Two at 118 and two around 110]. They have had two games in that stretch below the league leading offense [Dallas at 117.6].

Offense has not been an issue.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#24 » by dygaction » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:11 am

Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:but since when "taking someone out" = "they can use that cap space to get someone"? Wouldn't that translate to "replace A with B"? When we say "taking LeBron out of Lakers" the lakers would be a lottery team, can one argue then you can use the super max to get Luka + Giannis?

Huh?

No it isn't and the Jazz don't struggle offensively.

The Jazz have the 7th best Ortg in the league.

Not including today's game, the Jazz are 13-1 in their last 14, they have only 4 games with an Offensive Rating below 120 [Two at 118 and two around 110]. They have had two games in that stretch below the league leading offense [Dallas at 117.6].

Offense has not been an issue.

Offense has been an issue. In particular, not scoring more points than the other team is the key issue for all basketball games :P Dirk can definitely help in that department.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#25 » by Colbinii » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 am

dygaction wrote:
Offense has been an issue.

No it hasn't. There is no need to make stuff up to prop up an argument. For half the season, the Utah Jazz have been the best offense EVER.

In particular, not scoring more points than the other team is the key issue for all basketball games :P Dirk can definitely help in that department.

Of course Dirk can help. Nobody is arguing Dirk can't help here...

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#26 » by dygaction » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:42 am

Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:

No it hasn't. There is no need to make stuff up to prop up an argument. For half the season, the Utah Jazz have been the best offense EVER.

In particular, not scoring more points than the other team is the key issue for all basketball games :P Dirk can definitely help in that department.

You must confused Mavs with Jazz... You just claimed 06 Terry FAR better than anyone on the Jazz, now Jazz has the best offense EVER?
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#27 » by GSP » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:39 am

They win the title. I think fairly easily TBH

Rudy is the perfect compliment for Dirk and by eons the best frontcourt partner he will have had

Mitchell and Bogie are better than any perimeter player hes had post Nash for sure and Ingles is the best ballhandler/passer hes had too outside of Kidd. Ingles will at least be able to make post entry passes and hes a hell of a defender himself. On and they have Conley and Clarkson......Niang and Mudiay are solid too

Dirk solves their hole of needing a 4 and hes one of the greatest playoff performers ever and 06 is one of his best years even if not his peak
Showstopper21
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#28 » by Showstopper21 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 am

GSP wrote:They win the title. I think fairly easily TBH

Rudy is the perfect compliment for Dirk and by eons the best frontcourt partner he will have had

Mitchell and Bogie are better than any perimeter player hes had post Nash for sure and Ingles is the best ballhandler/passer hes had too outside of Kidd. Ingles will at least be able to make post entry passes and hes a hell of a defender himself. On and they have Conley and Clarkson......Niang and Mudiay are solid too

Dirk solves their hole of needing a 4 and hes one of the greatest playoff performers ever and 06 is one of his best years even if not his peak

Your Dirk bias is really something.
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#29 » by Pg81 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Nah, you are underrating those players and giving Dirk too much credit. The team was a net +0.2 without Dirk.

You are right they "could be" a lottery team but they are still a high-30s, low-40s win team without Dirk [44 wins was the 8 seed].

They were a +0.2 team without Dirk, facing other subs. Who is going to fill out that glory 27ppg hole with great efficiency for the rest of the team as the starter when facing the other teams' starters?

No, they weren´t.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#30 » by Colbinii » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm

dygaction wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
dygaction wrote:

You must confused Mavs with Jazz... You just claimed 06 Terry FAR better than anyone on the Jazz, now Jazz has the best offense EVER?

I said Terry was a better offensive player than anyone of the Jazz.

I said the Jazz have been playing as the best offense ever [statistically they are].

Circa 2018

Circa 2022

Return to Player Comparisons