Kobe Bryant Athleticism

Moderators: trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal, Quotatious, Clyde Frazier

Pelly24
Sixth Man
And1: 911

Re: Kobe Bryant Athleticism 

Post#81 » by Pelly24 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 5:36 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
Sign5 wrote:Wade may not have been as athletic as Rose or Westbrook but he used his athleticism to the max. A guy that was 6'4 but was routinely top 5 in total dunks each year of his prime (behind only top centers and Bron)

He was quicker, stronger and more explosive than Kobe. I'd say he had more body control too but that's arguable. Kobe definitely had more bounce (which to me was his only clear advantage athletically).

Again neither were athletic FREAKS, just very elite athletes.

Wade’s body strength made him way better at getting inside and finishing there than Rose or Westbrook. Their speed didn’t give them any advantages over Wade that were actually tangible.

I think DWade was at least as fast and quick as either of them. Wade was EXPLOSIVE
Pelly24
Sixth Man
And1: 911

Post#82 » by Pelly24 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 5:38 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
Sign5 wrote:Wade may not have been as athletic as Rose or Westbrook but he used his athleticism to the max. A guy that was 6'4 but was routinely top 5 in total dunks each year of his prime (behind only top centers and Bron)

He was quicker, stronger and more explosive than Kobe. I'd say he had more body control too but that's arguable. Kobe definitely had more bounce (which to me was his only clear advantage athletically).

Wade’s body strength made him way better at getting inside and finishing there than Rose or Westbrook. Their speed didn’t give them any advantages over Wade that were actually tangible.

I think DWade was at least as fast and quick as either of them. Wade was EXPLOSIVE
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,190
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#83 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 1, 2020 7:45 pm

Pelly24 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

I don't disagree. My point was, if there wa any difference in speed, it was negligible to the point that it didn't effect their game. Wade was both the most effective at getting to, and finishing at the rim by a large margin IMO.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,040

Post#84 » by LakerLegend » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 pm

KobesScarf
Starter
And1: 479

Post#85 » by KobesScarf » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 pm

KobesScarf wrote:Let me make it clear by elite I don't mean compared to every other 2 guard thats ever played. I mean the elite among the elite

Theres 7 guys I would put above Kobe athletically: in no order MJ Drexler Vince Wade Thompson J-rich and Sprewell

I think its safe to add Zach Lavine too so that puts Kobe as the 9th most athletic SG
laronprofit9
Junior
And1: 82

Post#86 » by laronprofit9 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:19 am

Kobe was elite athletically. In his Frobe days, he blew by a lot of defenders. Whether in half court or transition. He may not have the vertical of VC or the open court speed of LeBron, but he was still elite and just a notch below. He had GOAT level body control. I don’t think anybody in the history of the NBA had clearly superior body control, Kobe is in the discussion with MJ for body control and anybody else. Also Kobe had a very quick first step out of the triple threat and a great two footed leaper. His two-footed leaping ability is the reason why he was able to pull off so many contested face up and fade-away jumpers without getting blocked. He was one of the best players ever working out of the triple threat because of his functional athleticism on the first step or two footed leaping to go along with his high skill level
"I'm Kobe"
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 5,102

Post#87 » by DirtyDez » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm

fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.

Return to Player Comparisons