The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#761 » by coastalmarker99 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:58 am

Dupp wrote:Is it even possible for rockets to finish third?

Yes if they win all there remaining games

or they can win 2 games and finish third if Denver loses again to the clippers.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#762 » by MisterHibachi » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I wouldn't start Kuz, still need a scoring spark off the bench in games when Dion doesn't have it, and he won't get many shots in a lineup with LeBron and AD. I would start Morris, bring the Kuz/Caruso/Dion combo off the bench, and close with Caruso or KCP/Green/Kuz/LeBron/AD.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Post#763 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:30 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I wouldn't start Kuz, still need a scoring spark off the bench in games when Dion doesn't have it, and he won't get many shots in a lineup with LeBron and AD. I would start Morris, bring the Kuz/Caruso/Dion combo off the bench, and close with Caruso or KCP/Green/Kuz/LeBron/AD.

Completely agree. I'd leave the starting lineup as is. Even though part of it is hopeful thinking, I'm growing in confidence that the Lakers are just winging it right now and waiting to really dial it in from a playbook and effort standpoint.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#764 » by nzahir » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Dupp wrote:Is it even possible for rockets to finish third?

Yes still possible

If Denver goes 1-1 and the rockets go 3-0, then the Rockets take it

If Denver goes 0-2 and Rockets goo 2-1, then the Rockets take it

Hou will be resting guys tonight vs the spurs tonight though, so I think Hou loses tonight

Holding out hope, but not sure, really wish HCA meant something. Teams 1-3 should get to pick their opponent
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#765 » by LivingLegend » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Is it me or has Morris provided absolutely nothing since arriving. Im pretty sure he is 7/85 shooting since being on LA.

Also why is JR getting zero run? This team cant shoot the 3 ball right now to save their lives, wouldnt you want to get JR out there with LeBron and score some quick points?
MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#766 » by MisterHibachi » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:59 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Is it me or has Morris provided absolutely nothing since arriving. Im pretty sure he is 7/85 shooting since being on LA.

Also why is JR getting zero run? This team cant shoot the 3 ball right now to save their lives, wouldnt you want to get JR out there with LeBron and score some quick points?

JR can't play any defense anymore. He's lost both in ability and scheme.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#767 » by therealbig3 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Can’t help but feel that this might be another losing year for LeBron, just because of how badly they screwed up their free agency. If they didn’t waste all their time chasing the Leonard pipe dream, they could have filled out the roster with pieces that actually fit and could actually shoot.

Other than Dudley, who barely plays, not a single rotation player shoots 40% from 3. Feel like that’s unheard of nowadays. I guess Danny Green was supposed to be much better and he’s underperforming, but still, their lack of elite outside shooters is a real problem. KCP at 39% is their best volume 3pt shooter. I guess if he keeps it up, and Green and Kuzma both re discover their strokes in the playoffs, then they’re in much better shape.

Dreading that Rondo/LeBron/Howard lineup they’ll probably run at some point.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#768 » by nzahir » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:29 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Can’t help but feel that this might be another losing year for LeBron, just because of how badly they screwed up their free agency. If they didn’t waste all their time chasing the Leonard pipe dream, they could have filled out the roster with pieces that actually fit and could actually shoot.

Other than Dudley, who barely plays, not a single rotation player shoots 40% from 3. Feel like that’s unheard of nowadays. I guess Danny Green was supposed to be much better and he’s underperforming, but still, their lack of elite outside shooters is a real problem. KCP at 39% is their best volume 3pt shooter. I guess if he keeps it up, and Green and Kuzma both re discover their strokes in the playoffs, then they’re in much better shape.

Just wondering, who should they have signed? The FA had a lot of role guys get overpaid and those who are on cheap deals stayed with their teams
nzahir
RealGM

Post#769 » by nzahir » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:32 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Is it me or has Morris provided absolutely nothing since arriving. Im pretty sure he is 7/85 shooting since being on LA.

Shooting around 27% from 3, so not great for us

Has had some decent moments, but a lot of not so great moments

As of now, these are the 9 main guys:

KCP, DG, Bron, AD, Mcgee
Caruso, Dion, Kuzma, Dwight

The 10th guy (can also be thought of as the 9th guy since Mcgee's minutes will likely get slashed) will be between Kieff, Cook, or Rondo
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#770 » by Greyhound » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Morris gave good minutes last game. He will be important in the playoffs when things get physical. Rondo, Morris and Waiters are dogs who will be called upon when the time is right.

JR is done, the less he plays, the better. He is a dog as well, but a done one. If someone gets hurt or tests positive, maybe he can have a moment in the postseason.
Don't believe the hype...
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#771 » by Greyhound » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:45 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Can’t help but feel that this might be another losing year for LeBron, just because of how badly they screwed up their free agency. If they didn’t waste all their time chasing the Leonard pipe dream, they could have filled out the roster with pieces that actually fit and could actually shoot.

I like the team they put together (under the circumstances).

All the parts fit together nicely and there were clear roles before the break. The chemistry was good and this team was able to mesh well enough to play above its limitations.

The break hurt them. This was a synergy team with two great players, not a talented roster. The shutdown killed their momentum and two locker room leaders were lost.

The synergy was corrupted.

After that long layoff (minus Bradley and Rondo) I will hold judgement on the roster. It was a success before the shutdown, so maybe it can get back to that point.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#772 » by yoyoboy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 am

Welp. That pretty much seals a first round matchup against Portland. Dame is on a mission.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,508

Post#773 » by GSP » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 am

yoyoboy wrote:Welp. That pretty much seals a first round matchup against Portland. Dame is on a mission.

The book has been out on how to stop their offense since the Clips series. Just trap/blitz pick and rolls and Stotts doesn't know how to adjust. Dame will prolly go off in a game but Lakers with Davis as the big and their perimeter defenders are as well equipped to defend him as anyone
MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#774 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:55 am

Not really worried about the Blazers. Dame is having to play the games of his life to win these games against teams worse than the Lakers. And for some reason, they all refuse to trap him and keep dropping.
primopastalove2
Analyst
And1: 4,861

Post#775 » by primopastalove2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:17 am

Apparently CJ has been playing with a fracture in his lower back the last couple of games.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/portland-trail-blazers/cj-mccollum-playing-fracture-lower-back-hits-2-free-throws-seal-win?amp&__twitter_impression=true

He's been really garbage the last two games, so it stands to reason his impact will be hampered quite a bit in the playoffs. The only concern is a potential AD injury due to the size of the Portland but otherwise this series should be a short one.
Caped Crusader wrote:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#776 » by Greyhound » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:44 am

The arrogance and overconfidence of some of you is absolutely nauseating, as it pertains to a potential Portland matchup.

I sure hope the Lakers are not drinking the juice and take Portland as the threat they clearly are.

There is an appropriate fear that should exist.

Portland playing for their season (since day one in the bubble) has sharpened their focus. Their key players are playing 40 minutes a game and their regulars are already in playoff mode.

The Lakers are playing meaningless games, their coach is goofing around with lineups, and they appear to be in poor overall shape as a team. In a week they will be playing playoff minutes, at playoff intensity, against a team that has been in that mode for two weeks.

That is concerning.

I expect the Lakers to win, but I am concerned.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#777 » by dcstanley » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 am

Dame will certainly get his but the Blazers defense is too porous for them to make it a series. They don’t have anyone that can guard Bron and AD has always been a matchup nightmare for them.

I’m more concerned about facing Houston in the second round. The Lakers worked hard to secure the top seed just for them to reap no concrete benefits. Clippers are going to be a lot fresher in a potential WCF matchup after making quick work of the Nuggets or Jazz.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,508

Post#778 » by GSP » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:34 am

Greyhound wrote:The arrogance and overconfidence of some of you is absolutely nauseating, as it pertains to a potential Portland matchup.

I sure hope the Lakers are not drinking the juice and take Portland as the threat they clearly are.

Portland playing for their season (since day one in the bubble) has sharpened their focus. Their key players are playing 40 minutes a game and their regulars are already in playoff mode.

The Lakers are playing meaningless games, their coach is goofing around with lineups, and they appear to be in poor overall shape as a team. In a week they will be playing playoff minutes, at playoff intensity, against a team that has been in that mode for two weeks.

That is concerning.

LOL if youve been a part of the Lebron thread for years u know this is the same song and dance for a Lebron team heading into the playoffs. There was a team when ppl thought that fraud Hawks team was gonna beat them. Blazers will win a game, maybe 2 at best but they have no shot winning the series

Ad will play the 5 more and may even start for playoffs. If Javale and Dwight are the 5 then Dame will eat since u have to drop with them but with Ad he is getting shut down from the blitzes and traps
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#779 » by Dupp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am

Greyhound wrote:The arrogance and overconfidence of some of you is absolutely nauseating, as it pertains to a potential Portland matchup.

That is concerning.

:lol: very dramatic..

Lakers gonna winter the first round easy. It’ll be 5 games.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,098

Post#780 » by Statlanta » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:00 am

That is concerning.

For me it's the confidence that they would for sure sweep these teams. I don't think Portland would win but they(like San Antonio) played in the playoffs last season. Their best players are tested against the meta.

Thinking the Lakers would for sure execute the drop coverage and get their offense right is a bit large of an ask for them, imo.
Can definitely see a Game 1 letdown like the Raptors last season, and/or elongated series like the '08 Celtics.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns

Return to Player Comparisons