The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Quotatious, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0

letskissbro
Sophomore
Posts: 219
And1: 265
Joined: Sep 05, 2017

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#81 » by letskissbro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 am

Rondo bouta get 25 minutes per night. **** this
User avatar
GSP
General Manager
Posts: 9,859
And1: 3,795
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#82 » by GSP » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:05 am

Meh never thought Bradley was gonna be a big factor in the playoffs

If Dwight opts out considering his thoughts on this, thatd be bad for the Lakers
TroubleS0me
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,452
And1: 3,220
Joined: Dec 17, 2014

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#83 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:01 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Avery Bradley opts out of Orlando, and Jr Smith seems like a frontrunner for the Lakers to replace him. The Lakers are gonna have Dion, JR, and JaVale in quarantine lmao


all bonehead players lol
KTM_2813
Senior
Posts: 543
And1: 460
Joined: Mar 23, 2016
     

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#84 » by KTM_2813 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 pm

The last memory of Bradley for many people - myself included - is him torching the Clippers right before the NBA was shut down. While Bradley obviously did not play like that every night, not having him available for a big game or two in the playoffs will definitely hurt the Lakers. His absence obviously doesn't eliminate their title chances, but if I had to put a number on it, I'd guess that their championship odds are 3-5% lower than they were previously.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,097
And1: 29,838
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#85 » by Slava » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

KTM_2813 wrote:The last memory of Bradley for many people - myself included - is him torching the Clippers right before the NBA was shut down. While Bradley obviously did not play like that every night, not having him available for a big game or two in the playoffs will definitely hurt the Lakers. His absence obviously doesn't eliminate their title chances, but if I had to put a number on it, I'd guess that their championship odds are 3-5% lower than they were previously.


That was one of the 4 or 5 good games he gave the Lakers. Overall through the season, KCP had been substantially more consistent and better. Caruso can mop up a lot of the back up minutes and he's offensively more adept than Bradley.

I do think it'd be nice to have the toughness that Bradley brings but in the grand scheme of things, a shot maker like JR or Dion is more likely to swing a game in limited minutes than Bradley.
:king:
CKRT
Analyst
Posts: 3,092
And1: 227
Joined: Jan 20, 2011

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#86 » by CKRT » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Probably a better post for the season thread, but it just feels like this is going to be a **** show post season. I can't imagine a playoffs where players or teams don't miss entire series due to testing positive.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
nzahir
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,223
And1: 1,695
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#87 » by nzahir » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Slava wrote:
KTM_2813 wrote:The last memory of Bradley for many people - myself included - is him torching the Clippers right before the NBA was shut down. While Bradley obviously did not play like that every night, not having him available for a big game or two in the playoffs will definitely hurt the Lakers. His absence obviously doesn't eliminate their title chances, but if I had to put a number on it, I'd guess that their championship odds are 3-5% lower than they were previously.


That was one of the 4 or 5 good games he gave the Lakers. Overall through the season, KCP had been substantially more consistent and better. Caruso can mop up a lot of the back up minutes and he's offensively more adept than Bradley.

I do think it'd be nice to have the toughness that Bradley brings but in the grand scheme of things, a shot maker like JR or Dion is more likely to swing a game in limited minutes than Bradley.

Avery's best trait is keeping Rondo from playing more

Avery is about a neutral overall player

Negative on offense, slight positive on defense

When he is hitting shots, he is a real positive

What SHOULD be the rotation:

Caruso, Green, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
Waiters, KCP, Kuzma, Kieff, Dwight
Rondo, JR

KCP could start too, but I think Caruso with Waiters isn't as good of a fit.

Also, this is me being optimistic, we all know Rondo will get some time off the bench, so AC starting could help there

I think we should sign JR for insurance for Dion and if guys like Kuzma, Kieff, and even AC are not hitting shots.

Worst case, he doesn't play
mademan
RealGM
Posts: 17,502
And1: 14,688
Joined: Feb 18, 2010

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#88 » by mademan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 pm

JR is better than him anyways
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 15,126
And1: 15,803
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#89 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 pm

Don't worry guys, JR is gonna hit a Ray Allen like shot in the finals this year, and save LeBron's legacy, making up for 2018.

Imagine he does hit a finals game winner though, what a comeback it would be from 2018.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 103,516
And1: 54,443
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#90 » by Dupp » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:54 pm

J R is beyond awful. Bout a billion times worse that AB.


I do agree Bradley probably had more value in the playoffs and in a series vs the clippers. He does still kinda suck. Caruso needs to eat his minutes.
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
D.Brasco
Head Coach
Posts: 6,836
And1: 4,042
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#91 » by D.Brasco » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 am

Read on Twitter
nzahir
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,223
And1: 1,695
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#92 » by nzahir » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 am

Dupp wrote:J R is beyond awful. Bout a billion times worse that AB.


I do agree Bradley probably had more value in the playoffs and in a series vs the clippers. He does still kinda suck. Caruso needs to eat his minutes.

He was pretty bad in 2018, but still better than Rondo

I want AC to get those Avery minutes.

Then I would rather give Dion and JR a shot to take some of those Rondo minutes
Greyhound
Veteran
Posts: 2,845
And1: 1,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2002
Location: Earth

The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#93 » by Greyhound » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 am

I like Caruso, but those minutes are going to KCP mainly, with Rondo getting about 20 minutes a night (could swell to 25 if he plays well early).

I expect to see Caruso in the 10-18 minutes a game range with Vogel leaning on the vets.

Starters/ Bench:

KCP/ Rondo
Green/ Caruso
James/ Kuzma
Davis/ Morris
McGee/ Howard

Closers:

KCP or whoever is hot
Green or KCP
James
Morris
Davis

Playoff minutes:

James 38
Davis 36-38
Green 26
KCP 24-26
Kuzma 20-24
Morris 20-24
Rondo 16-20
Howard 12-18
Caruso 10-18
McGee 12-14
Waiters or FA 10-14

Note: I think JR Smith would be a better fit for those 10-14 minutes in that final minutes slot above. He is big, he can shoot and he has experience playing with LeBron. On top of that, he has big game playoff experience that players like Waiters (and even KCP and Caruso) do not.

With KCP moving into the starting lineup the Lakers are going to need a big wing off the bench. I see Waiters more as insurance for a Rondo disaster or an alternative to Caruso. Nono of those three can be depended on to match up with big wings (like Kawhi and George). Lakers could use an insurance policy in a big wing shooter off the bench
Don't believe the hype...
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,670
And1: 2,670
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#94 » by freethedevil » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:50 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Don't worry guys, JR is gonna hit a Ray Allen like shot in the finals this year, and save LeBron's legacy, making up for 2018.

Imagine he does hit a finals game winner though, what a comeback it would be from 2018.

jr's gonna hit what people think is a game winner, but kyle korver is gonna step up to get his revenge with a buzzer beater
User avatar
Mos_Heat
General Manager
Posts: 8,569
And1: 35,554
Joined: Jan 12, 2016
Location: Meh
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#95 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Not bball related, but now we know why Bill Simmons hates Lebron so much, lol
:reporter:
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 15,126
And1: 15,803
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#96 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
limbo
Rookie
Posts: 1,186
And1: 979
Joined: Jun 30, 2019
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#97 » by limbo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Well, that was pretty predictable...

The Lakers have a better roster defensively than the Cavs had to cover up JR's defensive deficiencies... so if he can hit threes at a great clip, he'll be an asset.
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 15,126
And1: 15,803
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#98 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

limbo wrote:... so if he can hit threes at a great clip, he'll be an asset.


Read on Twitter
?s=19
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 15,126
And1: 15,803
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#99 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Despite the 2018 finals and the other up and downs, JR still remains one of my favorites just for the history with LeBron and the 2016 finals. That mini solo run in the 3rd quarter of game 7 was key to that championship.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
User avatar
eminence
Head Coach
Posts: 7,426
And1: 4,330
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#100 » by eminence » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm

The Lakers are not running an 11 man playoff rotation. At least 1-2 guys will get cut form the rotation. Possibly playing AD at the 5 more and dropping one of the McGee/Howard and certainly a few of the guards will fall out of the rotation.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17 (For now?)

Return to Player Comparisons