The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 5) 

Post#821 » by yoyoboy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I really hope they've just stopped caring until the playoffs because the defense has looked awful lately. At least Bron's getting his shot back. Finishing still seems to be a major issue though.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,958

Post#822 » by thebigbird » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Hope he ends up playing the second half too. He needs the rhythm more than he needs the rest.
KTM_2813
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#823 » by KTM_2813 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:15 pm

yoyoboy wrote:I really hope they've just stopped caring until the playoffs because the defense has looked awful lately. At least Bron's getting his shot back. Finishing still seems to be a major issue though.

I'm a bit bummed because I was really hoping that the Lakers would finish the year without the usual LeBron team air of not giving a ****. They came so close, and were about as consistent as you could get through March, but they've looked completely disinterested in the bubble. I suppose they will still technically finish on a 60-win pace based on their winning percentage, so I guess that's nice. :(
sansterre wrote:The success of a star's season is:

Individual performance + Teammate performance - Opposition +/- Luck
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#824 » by dcstanley » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:21 pm

The Lakers might end the season finishing third behind MIL and TOR.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#825 » by Greyhound » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm

dcstanley wrote:The Lakers end the season finishing third behind MIL and TOR.

Not yet determined. The Raptors have one more game on Friday.
Don't believe the hype...
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#826 » by dcstanley » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Greyhound wrote:
dcstanley wrote:The Lakers end the season finishing third behind MIL and TOR.

Not yet determined. The Raptors have one more game on Friday.

My mistake, thought their season ended. Thanks.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,790

Post#827 » by GSP » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Spurs officially out. That wouldve been such an easy sweep if they squeaked in
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#828 » by yoyoboy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 pm

KTM_2813 wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I really hope they've just stopped caring until the playoffs because the defense has looked awful lately. At least Bron's getting his shot back. Finishing still seems to be a major issue though.

I'm a bit bummed because I was really hoping that the Lakers would finish the year without the usual LeBron team air of not giving a ****. They came so close, and were about as consistent as you could get through March, but they've looked completely disinterested in the bubble. I suppose they will still technically finish on a 60-win pace based on their winning percentage, so I guess that's nice. :(

I'm at least happy the team's offense started coming around the last few games. Defense is a much easier fix and probably has more to do with lack of effort, lineup experimentation, and guys getting themselves in game shape. Once AD and LeBron are playing 40 minutes a night and guys like Cook are out of the rotation and McGee is severely limited, things should improve on that end.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#829 » by ardee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 pm

If Kawhi had stayed with the Raptors there would honestly be no point in even playing the Playoffs.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#830 » by PaulieWal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:17 am

ardee wrote:If Kawhi had stayed with the Raptors there would honestly be no point in even playing the Playoffs.

Yeah, I honestly expected Lowry to drop-off/not give a damn after the title last year but he's come back in tremendous shape and playing like a legit all-star (Is he overall better than Siakim this season still?). Add in Siakim, Freddie, Ibaka, Gasol, OG, and Nurse and throw Kawhi on top, they would have been the prohibitive favorites.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#831 » by ardee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:22 am

PaulieWal wrote:
ardee wrote:If Kawhi had stayed with the Raptors there would honestly be no point in even playing the Playoffs.

Yeah, I honestly expected Lowry to drop-off/not give a damn after the title last year but he's come back in tremendous shape and playing like a legit all-star (Is he overall better than Siakim this season still?). Add in Siakim, Freddie, Ibaka, Gasol, OG, and Nurse and throw Kawhi on top, they would have been the prohibitive favorites.

There is a legit argument that the presence of Kawhi would have not seen these kinds of improvements from the other guys but I still think you'd see at least a portion of it. Assuming Kawhi's defense improves the same way they are minimum a 65 win pace team in the RS and I think they'd swat away the Bucks easier than last year (so many options to guard Giannis). I'm really glad he's on a Clippers team we can most definitely beat rather than having to face that nightmare of a team in the Finals.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#832 » by PaulieWal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 am

ardee wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

There is a legit argument that the presence of Kawhi would have not seen these kinds of improvements from the other guys but I still think you'd see at least a portion of it. Assuming Kawhi's defense improves the same way they are minimum a 65 win pace team in the RS and I think they'd swat away the Bucks easier than last year (so many options to guard Giannis). I'm really glad he's on a Clippers team we can most definitely beat rather than having to face that nightmare of a team in the Finals.

I don't know man. I think Siakim was going to improve anyway, they are grooming him regardless to be a solid #2/1b. Lowry, Ibaka, and Gasol are all vets who actually care and are playing at a pretty high level.

Leonard not being on the Clippers would have meant the Lakers were guaranteed a trip to the Finals but I'd have favored Raptors over the Lakers. It would almost be like a Heat 2011 vs. Dallas situation with even more solid role players on Dallas and Miami only having LeBron/Wade but no Bosh for support. This Lakers supporting cast is suspect.

Okay, I kid, these role players are better than Heat 2011 for sure but if the Raptors can get a superstar over the next year or so I'd favor them over almost anyone else in the league. Giannis to Raps? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
GSP
RealGM

Post#833 » by GSP » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 am

Seeing Melo play since slimming down hes a legit impact player. Not horrible at all on defense and prolly their 3rd best behind Nurk/Collins. Almost everyone else ranges from bad to awful. Not to say Melo is playing consistently good defense but hes not the one weighing them down like he was on Okc. Hes Hitting timely shots, making big plays on both ends. Man gets doubled on postups if Dame isnt on the court LOL. I dont think a Laker not named Lebron/Ad has seen a double all season. Obviously its hindsight and i thought Melo was done like most but man hed have been a good pickup for La if he was this committed
ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,332

Post#834 » by ShotCreator » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 am

You guys called me crazy for saying PHX wa a clearly better than Portland. Dominant 8-0 against a brutal schedule.

Portland is about to get waxed by Brooklyn just because Brooklyn is young and has enthusiasm to play.

Can’t wait for Phoenix to crush Memphis.
Swinging for the fences.
GSP
RealGM

Post#835 » by GSP » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 am

ShotCreator wrote:You guys called me crazy for saying PHX wa a clearly better than Portland. Dominant 8-0 against a brutal schedule.

Portland is about to get waxed by Brooklyn just because Brooklyn is young and has enthusiasm to play.

Wrong lmao. Phoenix sucks

As for the "brutal" schedule

Only Mavs the 1st time, Clips and Pacers were good teams

Wizards by far worst team in bubble
Heat had no Jimmy (who theyve sucked without all year) or Dragic
Okc had no Adams/Gallo/Sga and literally punted the game at halftime and Cp3 didnt play the 2nd half
Sixers had no Ben or Embiid
Mavs had no Kp and Luka played basically just a quarter of ball

Phoenix had alot more breaks

the only breaks Portland has was Clips punting at the end (and they lost that game) and Embiid getting injured in the 1st

Memphis was pre Jjj injury. Boston, Houston, Denver, Dallas, Brooklyn played everyone and didnt rest and they all had motivation to win those games

Portland is better than Phoenix and deserved it more too
Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#836 » by Joey Wheeler » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:58 am

So it's almost certainly Portland in round 1. Easy sweep and Lebron/AD putting up silly numbers. If Westbrook is indeed injured for the first round, I think the Lakers might be lucky and face OKC in round 2, another easy sweep.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#837 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:06 am

GSP wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:You guys called me crazy for saying PHX wa a clearly better than Portland. Dominant 8-0 against a brutal schedule.

Wrong lmao. Phoenix sucks

As for the "brutal" schedule

Only Mavs the 1st time, Clips and Pacers were good teams

Wizards by far worst team in bubble
Heat had no Jimmy (who theyve sucked without all year) or Dragic
Okc had no Adams/Gallo/Sga and literally punted the game at halftime and Cp3 didnt play the 2nd half
Sixers had no Ben or Embiid
Mavs had no Kp and Luka played basically just a quarter of ball

Phoenix had alot more breaks

the only breaks Portland has was Clips punting at the end (and they lost that game) and Embiid getting injured in the 1st

Memphis was pre Jjj injury. Boston, Houston, Denver, Dallas, Brooklyn played everyone and didnt rest and they all had motivation to win those games

Portland is better than Phoenix and deserved it more too

Dude they went 8-0 lol chill
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,650

Post#838 » by Heej » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:08 pm

Bruv, Valanciunas is out here dropping 15 in the first half on the Blazers; AD boutta wild the **** out on them lmao. Why is everyone acting so scary about these Blazers lol. Dame-Nurk one is like the goofy version of Steph-Dray Pnr. You just gotta switch it with AD instead of blitzing and playing into their strength imo. Even though it's tempting to just trap and take it outta Dame's hands. Nurkic is too deft at navigating the power play and the Blazers also toy with shorting the screen and kicking it to the guy on the wing who hits Nurk on the short roll. I don't think that's gonna be a viable strategy for a series where they'll just design counters for it.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#839 » by MisterHibachi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Portland playing this kind of defense in basically a must win game is wild.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#840 » by Greyhound » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Lillard gets respect from the refs that LeBron could not dream of.
Don't believe the hype...

Return to Player Comparisons