2019-2020 Jokic Thread

Moderators: Quotatious, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal

User avatar
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 16,634
And1: 18,765
Joined: Sep 07, 2010

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#21 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
ShotCreator
Veteran
Posts: 2,743
And1: 1,908
Joined: May 18, 2014
Location: CF
     

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#22 » by ShotCreator » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:54 am

26/10/7 on 70.5 TS% in his last ten.

Possible peak year offensively.
Swinging for the fences.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 64,100
And1: 48,328
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 16,634
And1: 18,765
Joined: Sep 07, 2010

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#24 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:20 am

There are still some people out there who apparently watch a lot of basketball having trouble accepting he's a top 10 player. Flat out ludicrous.
Mickey8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,736
And1: 1,138
Joined: Jan 21, 2017

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#25 » by Mickey8 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:35 am

He needs one more superstar next to him , to contend for the title. I think Denver is betting on Porters development but I am not sold on him . Denver should trade for Beal or try to get player or two who are scoring threat , Harris is just horrible.
User avatar
GSP
RealGM
Posts: 10,868
And1: 4,889
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#26 » by GSP » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:02 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:There are still some people out there who apparently watch a lot of basketball having trouble accepting he's a top 10 player. Flat out ludicrous.


When hes in shape (hes lost up to 25 lbs during the season) hes much closer to being a top 5 player than being anywhere close to out of the top 10
Bidofo
Senior
Posts: 575
And1: 649
Joined: Sep 20, 2014
     

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#27 » by Bidofo » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:21 am

I having a feeling he'll go down as one of the more consistently underrated greats of all time.

There were about 5 passes this game that were Nash/Magic level. That full court touchdown was very nice, and he actually had another one in the first half that was equally amazing, except the receiver (forgot who) missed the layup.
User avatar
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 16,634
And1: 18,765
Joined: Sep 07, 2010

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#28 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:38 pm

GSP wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:There are still some people out there who apparently watch a lot of basketball having trouble accepting he's a top 10 player. Flat out ludicrous.


When hes in shape (hes lost up to 25 lbs during the season) hes much closer to being a top 5 player than being anywhere close to out of the top 10


Right, so that slow start where he was out of shape, while admittedly disappointing only lasted 19 games. Yeah, shaq got **** for that too back in the day, but no one questioned his actual ability because of it. Nuggets still went 14-5 in those games led by Jokic.

What's crazy to me at this point is you don't even have to look at advanced metrics to come to the conclusion that he's playing at an MVP level. His basic box score stats, actually watching the guy play and team record are enough.

Even if someone doesn't *enjoy* watching him play, he's objectively at that level. While the pushback has certainly diminished, those who still do are really looking foolish at this point.
70sFan
RealGM
Posts: 13,252
And1: 9,154
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
 

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#29 » by 70sFan » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:27 pm

Insane passing by Jokic last game. Also, he's the best example that post game is not gone in 2020. This guy is amazing down low, very few players with his size ever had such an advanced post game. Can't wait to see him in playoffs, I would love to see him dominating Rockets :D
KGtabake
Starter
Posts: 2,123
And1: 2,364
Joined: Jan 28, 2019
   

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#30 » by KGtabake » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:56 pm

70sFan wrote:Insane passing by Jokic last game. Also, he's the best example that post game is not gone in 2020. This guy is amazing down low, very few players with his size ever had such an advanced post game. Can't wait to see him in playoffs, I would love to see him dominating Rockets :D


He can't do it on his own. I love everything about him and i always believed he's actually a good defender. But defending against that Rockets lineup won't be his best. Grant might be the answer for them this year. In the offense sure Joker can dominate them.
GOATs: Michael Jordan, Diego Maradona, Usain Bolt, Mike Tyson, Michael Phelps, Roger Federer, Aleksandr Karelin, Ayrton Senna
70sFan
RealGM
Posts: 13,252
And1: 9,154
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
 

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#31 » by 70sFan » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:15 pm

KGtabake wrote:
70sFan wrote:Insane passing by Jokic last game. Also, he's the best example that post game is not gone in 2020. This guy is amazing down low, very few players with his size ever had such an advanced post game. Can't wait to see him in playoffs, I would love to see him dominating Rockets :D


He can't do it on his own. I love everything about him and i always believed he's actually a good defender. But defending against that Rockets lineup won't be his best. Grant might be the answer for them this year. In the offense sure Joker can dominate them.

I truly believe that his offense is good enough to overcome Houston offensive firepower. Especially against such a bad off-ball defenders like Harden and Westbrook. Nuggets guards should get a lot of easy points from Joker. Of course we will see (or not, depends on finals standings).
User avatar
GSP
RealGM
Posts: 10,868
And1: 4,889
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#32 » by GSP » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:49 pm

70sFan wrote:Insane passing by Jokic last game. Also, he's the best example that post game is not gone in 2020. This guy is amazing down low, very few players with his size ever had such an advanced post game. Can't wait to see him in playoffs, I would love to see him dominating Rockets :D


Capela always made the Rockets nightmare matchups for the Nuggets. Jokic pickandroll defense is much improved but hes vulnerable to the lob and cant defend when he has to jump. Rockets no longer have that rim running lob threat anymore. Should be a very interesting series if we get it
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
Posts: 8,575
And1: 11,187
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
   

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#33 » by Dr Spaceman » Mon Mar 2, 2020 9:34 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
GSP wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:There are still some people out there who apparently watch a lot of basketball having trouble accepting he's a top 10 player. Flat out ludicrous.


When hes in shape (hes lost up to 25 lbs during the season) hes much closer to being a top 5 player than being anywhere close to out of the top 10


Right, so that slow start where he was out of shape, while admittedly disappointing only lasted 19 games. Yeah, shaq got **** for that too back in the day, but no one questioned his actual ability because of it. Nuggets still went 14-5 in those games led by Jokic.

What's crazy to me at this point is you don't even have to look at advanced metrics to come to the conclusion that he's playing at an MVP level. His basic box score stats, actually watching the guy play and team record are enough.

Even if someone doesn't *enjoy* watching him play, he's objectively at that level. While the pushback has certainly diminished, those who still do are really looking foolish at this point.


Shaq got fat after winning back to back titles though. No one doubted his ability because he was proven in the playoffs and had actually won RS and Finals MVP.

Agree with you that he is playing at a very high level these days. One of the best in the league for sure.
ā€œIā€™m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.ā€
Mickey8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,736
And1: 1,138
Joined: Jan 21, 2017

Re: The Nikola Jokic Thread 2019-20 

Post#34 » by Mickey8 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:25 pm

GSP wrote:
70sFan wrote:Insane passing by Jokic last game. Also, he's the best example that post game is not gone in 2020. This guy is amazing down low, very few players with his size ever had such an advanced post game. Can't wait to see him in playoffs, I would love to see him dominating Rockets :D


Capela always made the Rockets nightmare matchups for the Nuggets. Jokic pickandroll defense is much improved but hes vulnerable to the lob and cant defend when he has to jump. Rockets no longer have that rim running lob threat anymore. Should be a very interesting series if we get it

You cant just blame Jokic for that , Denver's guards are easy to take off the dribble, the natural thing for Jokic is to close out when Harden penetrates that leaves Capela open for the lob, they did that to almost every team in the league effectively not just to Denver .
freethedevil
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 2,836
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#35 » by freethedevil » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 am

Imagine not making this already, smh.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 42,104
And1: 10,602
Joined: Mar 10, 2005
Location: Cali
   

Re: 2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#36 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 am

Best player to watch in the league right now.
Hey: With what's going on in the world, my fuse is shorter than it used to be, and it's leading my lose my cool and then go on self-imposed breaks from things (such as RealGM). Please try to keep it civil, and I'll be looking to do the same.
User avatar
AdagioPace
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,392
And1: 4,931
Joined: Jan 03, 2017
Location: Contado di Molise
   

Re: 2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#37 » by AdagioPace » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 am

"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
Bidofo
Senior
Posts: 575
And1: 649
Joined: Sep 20, 2014
     

Re: 2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#38 » by Bidofo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 am

He will go down top 20 all time.
frica
Junior
Posts: 426
And1: 149
Joined: May 03, 2018

Re: 2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#39 » by frica » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 am

Jokic is the definition of clutch.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 48,680
And1: 11,639
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: 2019-2020 Jokic Thread 

Post#40 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 am

As said in the broadcast, very special when a player can go 5-13 and feel like he completely dominated
Woke is a secular religion

Return to Player Comparisons