Tall Bird, Small Jordan

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Tall Bird, Small Jordan 

Post#1 » by howlin mad axer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:44 pm

So Popovich said in the summer that Jokic is this generations Bird, and to some Jamal Murray is as clutch as a young Jordan, is it fair to call Jokic a tall Bird and Jamal Murray a small Michael Jordan? How amazing would Bird and Jordan have been had they teamed up during their days?
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Re: Tall Bird, Small Jordan 

Post#2 » by penbeast0 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:37 pm

No, no, and amazing. Murray doesn't have Jordan's strength relative to his peers or incredible body control despite being shorter. He just isn't physically abusing people the same way. Doesn't seem to be nearly as obsessive either. Jokic has the court vision that Bird was known for but not the versatility offensively and again, doesn't seem to be nearly the jerk Larry often was (of course MJ was worse). And, you put two top 10 talents of all time together, it will almost certainly be amazing unless they have identical strengths and Jordan and Bird complemented each other's talents well if they could get along personally enough to play well together and I would expect they would do that since both of their nasty sides tended to be directed toward lower level performances by teammates.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,080
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Literally no one has ever said Murray is as clutch as Jordan until this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#4 » by Prez » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Jordan at age 23 was literally doubling Murray’s regular season scoring production lol. He’s been great in the bubble but let’s wait until Murray puts together a great season from start to finish before we start the comparisons with all timers, let alone the GOAT.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#5 » by SNPA » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 am

I doubt Jordan/Bird would have worked. Bird isn’t putting up with any of Jordan’s bs. And Jordan would not be able to stand playing with a guy in the same tier as himself. Just two personalities that would clash. Their games would fit great though.

Think about Bird trash talking Jordan in practice. That’s have gone well. Lol.
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach
And1: 726

Post#6 » by Jiminy Glick » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:51 am

Pop was wrong on Jokic, Bird was a great defender in his prime and played with a much higer motor. I have not heard the Murray and Jordan comparison. But Murray is really good offensively. But not anywhere close to Jordan as a player.

Return to Player Comparisons