Which is more likely: Luka surpassing Steph or Steph surpassing Jordan?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

What's more likely?

Luka surpassing Steph.
95%
Steph surpassing Jordan.
5%

Total votes: 43

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Re: Which is more likely: Luka surpassing Steph or Steph surpassing Jordan? 

Post#21 » by therealbig3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:45 am

I think Luka this past season was closer to peak Steph than peak Steph was to peak MJ.

Answer here is pretty obvious.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#22 » by leolozon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:01 am

The thing with Steph is that he has a pretty clear cut 1 year peak that was astonishing, but he never replicated it. Luka could well never reach that peak and still end up a better overall player. Luka’s 2nd season was surpassed by only 3 of Curry’s seasons. And 2 of those 3s were only slightly better (he also just played 51 games in one of them).

The most interesting question would be “Who’s the cutoff?” I would say it’s more likely than Doncic surpasses Curry than Curry becomes a top 8 player.
LukaTheGOAT
Analyst
And1: 2,748

Post#23 » by LukaTheGOAT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:10 am

The odds that Luka surpasses Steph are larger than 50%. I don't think it is very unlikely at all, which makes this question very easy in my opinion. I think Steph is a top 15-20 player of all-time too.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,468

Post#24 » by Pelly24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 am

I think Luka could very well finish as a top 5 player ever.

I think by his fourth year he'll be better than Steph ever was because off his physical advantages and his ability to be a great playmaker. (Steph is also a really good playmaker when he wants to be, but not at the same level).

Luka could be an unfathomably good offensive player to the point where he's better than LeBron and MJ, but he's a worse defender than them and will likely only be neutral at best. Both MJ and LeBron were pluses at best along with being GOAT offensive players so I don't see Luka surpassing them per se, but it's possible he surpasses them by being like, an 11-12 bpm offensive player at his peak. he's so good on that end.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#25 » by WarriorGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 am

iggymcfrack wrote:Steph's 32. He's well past his peak, coming off an injury and he's what, maybe a borderline top 10 player at best? It would take an unprecedented miracle for him to surpass Jordan. Much better chance that Luka surpasses Jordan than Steph. Like maybe 2% Luka passes Jordan and .001% Steph passes Jordan.

I expected some bias but thank you guys for showing me the extreme silliness that is at play in your analyses. Luka has done nearly nothing as of yet, but you guys think he has a better chance of surpassing Jordan than Steph who has already accomplished or has near equivalents to the hardest feats on Jordan's résumé? Please. This gets even more ridiculous when one considers many of you have already voted LeBron over Jordan.

The complete lack of logic is mind-blowing. I'll file this away as more evidence of the anti-Curry prejudice completely skewing perspectives that exists.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#26 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 am

Bit of a hissy fit because you didn’t get the answer you wanted.

Luka is already around Stephs level so the answer to this seems pretty obvious. Doubt Steph surpasses his 16/17 self but if he does it’ll be minor. So really he’s just adding longevity to his peak and or prime.

It’s extremely logical to think luka has a better chance at surpassing MJ. Stephs not going to. Luka, while his chances are slim there’s a slight chance. He’s still got heaps of upside.
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#27 » by WarriorGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 am

Dupp wrote:Bit of a hissy fit because you didn’t get the answer you wanted.

Luka is already around Stephs level so the answer to this seems pretty obvious. Doubt Steph surpasses his 16/17 self but if he does it’ll be minor. So really he’s just adding longevity to his peak and or prime.

It’s extremely logical to think luka has a better chance at surpassing MJ. Stephs not going to. Luka, while his chances are slim there’s a slight chance. He’s still got heaps of upside.

Actually it is the answer I wanted. It puts in very stark terms the illogical perspective of people on this site. Makes it much easier to expose the groupthink at work. Maybe it will help some of the smarter people here to begin coming to their senses.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#28 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am

WarriorGM wrote:

Actually it is the answer I wanted. It puts in very stark terms the illogical perspective of people on this site. Makes it much easier to expose the groupthink at work. Maybe it will help some of the smarter people here to begin coming to their senses.

When 40 people think one way and you think the other way maybe you’re the illogical one :thinking:
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#29 » by WarriorGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 am

Dupp wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

When 40 people think one way and you think the other way maybe you’re the illogical one :thinking:

Will make it all the more sweeter if I am proven correct.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#30 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 am

WarriorGM wrote:
Dupp wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Currys not gonna end up better than MJ so you’re not gonna be proven correct regardless of who ends up better out of Curry and Luka
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#31 » by WarriorGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Dupp wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Dupp wrote:

Currys not gonna end up better than MJ so you’re not gonna be proven correct regardless of who ends up better out of Curry and Luka

The odds are admittedly against and make it unlikely but there exists a not insignificant chance that he can go on a run. He's done it before so it cannot be discounted completely he could do it again.

If he does just remember all you guys are the equivalent of people in rapture over Grant Hill proclaiming him the next big thing even as Jordan returns after his first three-peat.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#32 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Well, Luka surpassing Curry is higher than a 0% chance, so going with him here.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,775

Post#33 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:Steph's 32. He's well past his peak, coming off an injury and he's what, maybe a borderline top 10 player at best? It would take an unprecedented miracle for him to surpass Jordan. Much better chance that Luka surpasses Jordan than Steph. Like maybe 2% Luka passes Jordan and .001% Steph passes Jordan.

I expected some bias but thank you guys for showing me the extreme silliness that is at play in your analyses. Luka has done nearly nothing as of yet, but you guys think he has a better chance of surpassing Jordan than Steph who has already accomplished or has near equivalents to the hardest feats on Jordan's résumé? Please. This gets even more ridiculous when one considers many of you have already voted LeBron over Jordan.

The complete lack of logic is mind-blowing. I'll file this away as more evidence of the anti-Curry prejudice completely skewing perspectives that exists.

Yes, it's everyone else that's biased. :lol:
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#34 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Don't make threads with the sole intention of baiting others if you don't get the outcome you are looking for. You didn't even make an attempt to explain your reasoning, instead once you get the poll results, you just started baiting/attacking others.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.

Return to Player Comparisons