The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason 

Post#1181 » by JLei » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:54 pm

thebigbird wrote:Well deserved and completely unexpected. Is this the first time LeBron actually trusts an organization? He never would’ve done this in Cleveland.

He gave Cleveland a 2+1 after 2016. He gives an extra year per title.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
KTM_2813
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#1182 » by KTM_2813 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:14 pm

Seems the stars are aligning for a 2024 retirement tour, which may take place on Bronny's team. What an insane career... I first learned who he was back in like 2002 or something, lol. Barring injury, that basically guarantees the scoring record, right?
sansterre wrote:The success of a star's season is:

Individual performance + Teammate performance - Opposition +/- Luck
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#1183 » by dcstanley » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter

These type of clips have been resurfacing a lot lately but man this one in particular is really moving. The interviewer flat out said he might be destined for failure and Lebron was unmoved, poised, and confident as ever. The Chosen One moniker is no joke.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#1184 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:19 pm

nzahir wrote:Wow very surprising

So are we giving up on 2021 FA I guess

Does he have a PO for 2022 or no?

no
:reporter:
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,355

Post#1185 » by D.Brasco » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:17 am

Read on Twitter

If LeBron trained MMA for a few years it would be a different story.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1186 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:47 am

D.Brasco wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get colby would win, but yeah if bron trained the pure strength difference would offset anything else, theres a reason they have divisions and alot of guys that dominate one division get destroyed in the next, brons got 10 pounds on brock lesner when he fights lmfao
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,807

Post#1187 » by Prez » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:52 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get colby would win, but yeah if bron trained the pure strength difference would offset anything else, theres a reason they have divisions and alot of guys that dominate one division get destroyed in the next, brons got 10 pounds on brock lesner when he fights lmfao

Brock is probably 285ish in the octagon, but yeah agree generally. Bron would really just need a year or so to train and he’d kill Colby. Maybe even like 6 months
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#1188 » by mademan » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:55 am

Prez wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brock is probably 285ish in the octagon, but yeah agree generally. Bron would really just need a year or so to train and he’d kill Colby. Maybe even like 6 months

He needs to learn some defense, but honestly, there's no way to know even if he did learn it. Cause even if Lebron trains, 1 decent shot can rock him if he's got a glass jaw
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1189 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:11 am

mademan wrote:
Prez wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

He needs to learn some defense, but honestly, there's no way to know even if he did learn it. Cause even if Lebron trains, 1 decent shot can rock him if he's got a glass jaw

How would you even know this lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1190 » by Baski » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:57 am

Is it just me or do stars just flock away from whatever conference LeBron is in?
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1191 » by Baski » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:08 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
kayess wrote:Lol his legacy would take a hit if he won rings with Giannis

No it wouldn’t. this response shows the insane standard LeBron is held to. He has 4 rings and 4 FMVPs. He just averaged 30/12/9 on 67% TS in the finals in his 17th season. He would be in his 19th season by the time he could play with Giannis. If he was capable of being a star player in his 19th season, in what world would winning rings with Giannis hurt his legacy? The vast majority of players never make it to their 19th season, and the ones who do are cooked.

I mean, theres a reason no one cares about kds rings lol

We're gonna have to cut off Lebron's prime at some point lol. Can't keep treating him like he just hit 30.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1192 » by JulesWinnfield » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:58 am

Lebrons my guy but it’s hard for me to assume he could just train for a year and beat an MMA pro fighter even with all sorts of strength advantages. It’s likely Lebron hasn’t been in any fight of any sort since he was like 13,14 years old, at least. Because if he was, we would have heard about it. Combat sports aren’t just about strength and technical proficiency, there’s something within fighters that make them fighters. Lebron doesn’t strike me as someone who possesses that. He could train all he wants, there’s no telling how he reacts to getting popped and stunned in a combat situation against a guy who has spent years fighting against other bad asses for money.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1193 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:33 pm

Baski wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
thebigbird wrote:No it wouldn’t. this response shows the insane standard LeBron is held to. He has 4 rings and 4 FMVPs. He just averaged 30/12/9 on 67% TS in the finals in his 17th season. He would be in his 19th season by the time he could play with Giannis. If he was capable of being a star player in his 19th season, in what world would winning rings with Giannis hurt his legacy? The vast majority of players never make it to their 19th season, and the ones who do are cooked.

I mean, theres a reason no one cares about kds rings lol

We're gonna have to cut off Lebron's prime at some point lol. Can't keep treating him like he just hit 30.

Tbf lebron was better last year than he was when he was thirty lmfao

I honestly think bron hit another level since the 2016 playoffs started and the only difference was he was hurt last year and was chilling this year

You know realistically we say 2020 bron shouldnt be peak bron level because of his age and he was hurt last year, and he def looked slower at times but his mind was as sharp or sharper than ever. Like he himself thinks hes better than he was before, and while i think second stint cleveland bron is goated, we pretty much only say bron isnt "peak bron" because at times it looked like he wasnt cruising through everyone but, whenever he needed to he stepped up 99% of the time, and honestly more than bron did in any of his pre 2016 years other than 2012 tbh lol. Its not as if he gets the benefit of spacing since we ran dwight and AD, and hes getting worse calls than he did before he joined the lakers too

Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#1194 » by Homer38 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:51 pm

Read on Twitter
The Master
Rookie
And1: 1,586

Post#1195 » by The Master » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm pretty sure there was no serious conversation regarding 3rd star in LA after salary projection for 2021 decreased due to COVID, I calculated that to myself few days ago and big 3 (LeBron, AD and 3rd star) would have to take around 20-25 mln of paycuts in a year in 2021, and Lakers would have to trade away KCP, Harrell (if he opts in), Caruso, Kuzma and THT to make even that possible. Decision about Deng's salary wasn't even that decisive. Another example to not believe in media reporting unless it's Woj.

AD will receive designated max in 2024, and he has safe place as a face of the franchise after LeBron retires. Good for him, well deserved.
Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#1196 » by Joey Wheeler » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:29 pm

Giannis would make the Lakers less likely to win, not more. He's not a great offensive player and his status and playing habits would lead to him controlling a lot of possessions. Every time Giannis is controlling the offense instead of Lebron it's a clear loss for the team; plus he offers little off ball value with his terrible shooting and lack of cutting ability. You'd need to have Giannis buy into playing like a super role player on offense (like AD) for it to be a positive addition, and that's just not happening. You're better filling the roster with guys who fit with Lebron and AD.
C0bR
Pro Prospect
And1: 656

Post#1197 » by C0bR » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:46 pm

The 3rd star in superteams is pretty much always (unless it's the once in a blue moon GSW situation) redundant due to limited touches and not producing at the max contract value. Solid depth => Max guy putting up 17 points.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1198 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:01 pm

Joey Wheeler wrote:Giannis would make the Lakers less likely to win, not more. He's not a great offensive player and his status and playing habits would lead to him controlling a lot of possessions. Every time Giannis is controlling the offense instead of Lebron it's a clear loss for the team; plus he offers little off ball value with his terrible shooting and lack of cutting ability. You'd need to have Giannis buy into playing like a super role player on offense (like AD) for it to be a positive addition, and that's just not happening. You're better filling the roster with guys who fit with Lebron and AD.

I mean Ad had the ball more this year than he did in new orleans lol, in terms of the way he played

I dont mean scoring or anything, he legitimately had the ball in his hands and created offense more with the lakers than the pels

thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,954

Post#1199 » by thebigbird » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:54 pm

Now that LeBron has delivered the Lakers a championship, and delivered them 5 more years of Anthony Davis, will the last holdout Laker fans finally accept him?
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#1200 » by JLei » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:23 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:Lebrons my guy but it’s hard for me to assume he could just train for a year and beat an MMA pro fighter even with all sorts of strength advantages. It’s likely Lebron hasn’t been in any fight of any sort since he was like 13,14 years old, at least. Because if he was, we would have heard about it. Combat sports aren’t just about strength and technical proficiency, there’s something within fighters that make them fighters. Lebron doesn’t strike me as someone who possesses that. He could train all he wants, there’s no telling how he reacts to getting popped and stunned in a combat situation against a guy who has spent years fighting against other bad asses for money.

If Lebron trained for fighting. Everyone would be ****. He's an absolute genetic outlier with the mental toughness to match.

Put in very eloquent language by Joe Rogan.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12

Return to Player Comparisons