The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason 

Post#1961 » by RCM88x » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:51 pm

AD averaging 4.6 fewer FTA per game is pretty evident he is playing differently this year and not being as aggressive. Blocks are down a lot too, might be partially due to not having Howard inside but I would chalk that up to effort as well.

If he turns it up like he did at the end of last season they'll be fine.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
apeezus
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#1962 » by apeezus » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:48 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
apeezus wrote:It dawned me during the game yesterday while LeBron was rallying them back that with a field of flawed candidates he might screw around and win the MVP lol. Would be hilarious if he lost out in all these years going against guys having historical statistical seasons only to win one at 36 off a 70 day off season in a year no one expected him to try.

Maybe someone will run out ahead but as good as they've been it's gonna be tough for Jokic and Embiid to hold the numbers and more importantly the narrative for 60+ more games.

Honestly I think its between him, Jokic and Giannis which is more or less how I felt when the season started except that Luka might get into the mix but I think he's sort of going sideways this year and his team will probably be like a 5-7 seed which means a hard no on real mvp talk.

Put Embiid's name in there as well.

Don't think Giannis will get it due to voter fatigue and it being unlikely that he matches his MVP numbers. Jokic's numbers have been amazing but if Denver is disappointing relative to their expectations and are one of the worst defenses with him as their center it might get tough to make a case. Embiid always has the health question and it's hard for a defensive centric 5 to win the narrative in today's game, especially compared to a perimeter superstar. Steph's in the mix but the Warriors could easily miss the playoffs. AD's chillin. KD's resting. Luka might be the best bet has been meh by his standards so far.

Still don't really expect Bron to win but if there's a year to stumble into the MVP after years of losing to guys having historical outlier regular seasons, this funnily enough might be it. Lakers would need to be the clear #1 see tho.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#1963 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:50 pm

apeezus wrote:
Put Embiid's name in there as well.

Don't think Giannis will get it due to voter fatigue and it being unlikely that he matches his MVP numbers. Jokic's numbers have been amazing but if Denver is disappointing relative to their expectations and are one of the worst defenses with him as their center it might get tough to make a case. Embiid always has the health question and it's hard for a defensive centric 5 to win the narrative in today's game, especially compared to a perimeter superstar. Steph's in the mix but the Warriors could easily miss the playoffs. AD's chillin. Luka might be the best bet has been meh by his standards so far.

Still don't expect really Bron to win but if there's a year to stumble into the MVP after years of losing to guys having historical outlier regular seasons, this funnily enough might be it. Lakers would need to be the clear #1 see tho.

Not sold yet on Embiid or the Sixers actually winning like 56+ games. The Nuggets may not be able to do it either though. LeBron may end up with the whole media behind him if the Lakers win 60 games. Giannis will get serious talk just by virtue of how many games the Bucks likely win though obviously voter fatigue is working against him.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#1964 » by MisterHibachi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:55 am

Team defense is just awful past couple of games.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,684

Post#1965 » by nzahir » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:57 am

Man our defense is just not the same

I like Trez's effort on offense and how he can be a nice scoring punch for when one of AD or Bron sit, but we also have Kuzma for that and ofc the Schroeder addition. His defense hurts us though it seems like

Miss having a shot blocking anchor big like Dwight

And our defense on the 3 point line is also worse

Losing avery hurts there. Losing KCP hurts for now. And while Wes is a good man defender, he isn't the off ball defender DG is

I wonder if we make any trades this deadline
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,742

Post#1966 » by Heej » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:10 am

I'm not too confident about Bron winning mvp this year. It feels like he's been having a subpar start to the season thus far and idk about the intensity the Lakers will bring throughout the slog
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,836

Post#1967 » by IG2 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:28 am

Heej wrote:I'm not too confident about Bron winning mvp this year.

LeBron could've been looking spectacular and it would still make 0 sense to expect him to win MVP at 36. He simply doesn't have the motor required to bring it every night and hasn't in a very long time. This is a young man's award.
Heej
General Manager

Post#1968 » by Heej » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:35 am

IG2 wrote:
Heej wrote:I'm not too confident about Bron winning mvp this year.

LeBron could've been looking spectacular and it would still make 0 sense to expect him to win MVP at 36. He simply doesn't have the motor required to bring it every night and hasn't in a very long time. This is a young man's award.

Not really. It makes sense in the context of this specific season where the field is somewhat weak. Jordan and Malone were winning it late in their careers because the field was weak.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heej
General Manager

Post#1969 » by Heej » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:43 am

Nah son picking up Wesley Matthews and letting go of Danny Green was the biggest W lmao. I'd be sick watching DG brick all those shots that Wes has been shwapping
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#1970 » by SideshowBob » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:09 am

But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"

Return to Player Comparisons