Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 & Offseason 

Post#961 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:30 am

Really good off season by the Lakers.

Do we know the dollar amount on Gasol?

Wonder where Magee goes, maybe clippers.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#962 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:34 am

Pelinka is running riot out here! :lol:
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#963 » by Greyhound » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:49 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Pelinka needs to re-sign Kieff, and maybe Dudley for that locker room chemistry, and then put a bow on this off-season and take a vacation. It's pretty incredible what he's done this off-season considering the team is coming off a championship. I can't remember the last time a champion revamped their team this drastically.

I agree.

Sign Markieff and Dudley, then walk away with a well earned A+.
Don't believe the hype...
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#964 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:56 am

homecourtloss wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

It will be interesting to see how much he has left and how much he tries (something tells me he will playing for the franchise that his brother’s won a title with/for), but he’s just a really good player.

—Better passer than both McGee and Howard (might see some High-Low with AD)
—Better shooter than both, of course and a very good corner three shooter as well if you want roll with sets sowing a 5 for open looks from three
—Better rim protector than Dwight, not quite as good as McGee
—High BBall IQ, far ahead of McGee’s and about the same as Howard’s on defense
—Less mobile than both
—Worse rebounder than both (non-existent as an offensive rebounder but that also has to do with how the Raps used him though that should continue. Howard was a terror on the Offensive boards

Gasol/AD/James/(Two of KCP/Caruso/Wes/Schroeder) would be as complete of a starting 5 James has had.

They could play 5 plus defenders (other than KCP) with all 5 being able to shoot with one being a secondary creator if they needed (Schroeder).

No roster can be perfect, but with what Pelinka/LeGM had to work with, this is A work.

Hes better than mcgee in terms of timing and positioning, mcgee can go for things he shouldnt, and none of them are monile enough that its not a bit of a hindrence in a playoff environment
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#965 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 am

Heej wrote:Gotta say man, respect to Rah Pelinker for having true Mamba mentality and working hard to improve this team during the off-season even after winning a championship. I think it's important for the stars too to have new guys come in that bring a certain edge and hunger. There's a very good chance this team would've had a serious championship hangover given the way everything's gone down. Still crazy to me that the season is a month away. I feel like I'm not even all that mentally into it, let alone these guys having to rev up again

Definitely think this is the best and deepest team LeBron has ever had. Unfortunately this isn't all that close to the best LeBron has ever been.

Ill add that last year lebron had the worst spacing hes had in awhile, and his passing is prolly the best its been and now he has more people h that can score offensively, he looked really good on D too, i think it was his best defensive year since 2016 for sure as crazy as it sounds

Def not as athletic as before but i think he'll get number 5, marc was pretty key in stopping giannis as well with his positioning.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#966 » by JLei » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 am

apeezus wrote:Best roster LeBron's ever had.

13 Heat. (As always with 13 Heat talk, we are assuming no injury Wade here).
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#967 » by JLei » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 am

Dupp wrote:Really good off season by the Lakers.

The vet minimum. $2.7.

dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#968 » by dcstanley » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 am

Lakers addressed their issues scoring in the half court without sacrificing defense. This team is really versatile.. Can throw out offense oriented lineups like Schroeder/KCP/Bron/Trez/AD and defensive lineups like Caruso/Matthews/Bron/AD/Gasol.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#969 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:20 am

JLei wrote:

The vet minimum. $2.7.

So why are they moving magoo? What else is happening
Dupp
RealGM

Post#970 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:21 am

JLei wrote:

But he was hobbled.

Last year was Lebrons best cast ever imo and this looks like being better again maybe.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#971 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 am

dcstanley wrote:Lakers addressed their issues scoring in the half court without sacrificing defense. This team is really versatile.. Can throw out offense oriented lineups like Schroeder/KCP/Bron/Trez/AD and defensive lineups like Caruso/Matthews/Bron/AD/Gasol.

How good of a defender is Mathews though? He’s a minimum player for a reason I’d imagine. 3 and d guys aren’t easy to come but, let a Lomé for the minimum.
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#972 » by JLei » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:25 am

Dupp wrote:
JLei wrote:

But he was hobbled.

Last year was Lebrons best cast ever imo and this looks like being better again maybe.

27 game win streak Heat vs. playoff Heat.

They mop the floor with Indiana and beat Spurs comfortably in 5-6 if he doesn't play like doo doo.

Hobbled Wade changed everything about them going into that playoffs.

homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#973 » by homecourtloss » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 am

JLei wrote:

Maybe, but this roster can play 5 “plus” defenders and play 5 out with 2 of those 5 being all-NBA, top 5 players (debateable on AD maybe). 2013 Heat could do that with a higher motor James but Wade really couldn’t shoot threes and wasn't a top 5 player anymore.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,178

Post#974 » by donnieme » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 am

Heej wrote:Gotta say man, respect to Rah Pelinker for having true Mamba mentality and working hard to improve this team during the off-season even after winning a championship. I think it's important for the stars too to have new guys come in that bring a certain edge and hunger. There's a very good chance this team would've had a serious championship hangover given the way everything's gone down. Still crazy to me that the season is a month away. I feel like I'm not even all that mentally into it, let alone these guys having to rev up again

Definitely think this is the best and deepest team LeBron has ever had. Unfortunately this isn't all that close to the best LeBron has ever been.

Finally stopped chasing those redundant big 3s that cost him a couple rings through redundance and injury
Dupp
RealGM

Post#975 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:28 am

JLei wrote:
Dupp wrote:
JLei wrote:

But he was hobbled.

27 game win streak Heat vs. playoff Heat.

They mop the floor with Indiana and beat Spurs comfortably in 5-6 if he doesn't play like doo doo.

Hobbled Wade changed everything about them going into that playoffs.

Yeah I know and that’s a big part of my assessment.

When You look at a load standpoint in the regular season and particularly the playoffs, Lebrons never had a “easier” time than last season. So yeah easy for me to say that’s his best cast.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#976 » by LikeABosh » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:31 am

Dupp wrote:
JLei wrote:

The vet minimum. $2.7.

Just some hard cap shenanigans. They needed the breathing room to offer Gasol 2 years or whatever
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#977 » by LikeABosh » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:36 am

donnieme wrote:

Finally stopped chasing those redundant big 3s that cost him a couple rings through redundance and injury

Wouldn't say Love was redundant. Great floor spacer and terrific rebounder. But if a Wiggins/Bennett for Horford/Millsap trade was possible, they would've been a much more complete team. So yeah, elite role players >>> 3rd star
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#978 » by homecourtloss » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am

Dupp wrote:
dcstanley wrote:Lakers addressed their issues scoring in the half court without sacrificing defense. This team is really versatile.. Can throw out offense oriented lineups like Schroeder/KCP/Bron/Trez/AD and defensive lineups like Caruso/Matthews/Bron/AD/Gasol.

How good of a defender is Mathews though? He’s a minimum player for a reason I’d imagine. 3 and d guys aren’t easy to come but, let a Lomé for the minimum.

DRPM, DPIPM, DRAPTOR love him, especially in the playoffs.

He defended Harden particularly well last year.

He defended Butler, Dragic, and Herro really well (they shot 8/23 collectively against Wes’s contests)

Opponents in the playoffs shot 28.2% from three against him.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Dupp
RealGM

Post#979 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 am

So none of the two year deals the Lakers ended up hurting them or having an impact on this off season. Good outcome.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#980 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 am

Dupp wrote:
JLei wrote:

The vet minimum. $2.7.

Likely to get room to offer Kieff a 120% raise to return.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"

Return to Player Comparisons