prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,264

Re: Ewing with another star and wins two championships 

Post#41 » by prolific passer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 am

migya wrote:
prolific passer wrote:
migya wrote:
New York was a desirable detonation, they could have gotten someone that was a difference maker. They should have kept Mark Jackson and instead with in 1992 they could have been that little bit better, with having McDaniel, Gerald Wilkins and a new and improving Mason and Starks. As someone said earlier in this thread I think, if they had gotten either Dominique or Manning in 1994 off-season that could have been it.

Should have drafted Sprewell instead of Hubert Davis too. Sprewell was at his best and happiest during his time in New York. Him and Ewing could have been a good inside/outside tandem.

I remember when Magic talked about coming out of retirement to play for the knicks but Buss said no to that.

Sprewell wasn't the player he became and Hubert Davis was a great shooter that seemed underused in New York

Sprewell averaged 15ppg as a rookie and I think even Jordan complimented him on well of a defender he was as a rookie.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,334

Post#42 » by migya » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 am

prolific passer wrote:
migya wrote:
prolific passer wrote:Should have drafted Sprewell instead of Hubert Davis too. Sprewell was at his best and happiest during his time in New York. Him and Ewing could have been a good inside/outside tandem.

I remember when Magic talked about coming out of retirement to play for the knicks but Buss said no to that.

Sprewell wasn't the player he became and Hubert Davis was a great shooter that seemed underused in New York

Sprewell averaged 15ppg as a rookie and I think even Jordan complimented him on well of a defender he was as a rookie.

Coming out of college he wasn't great just good.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,264

Post#43 » by prolific passer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 am

migya wrote:
prolific passer wrote:
migya wrote:

Coming out of college he wasn't great just good.

He had a good sophomore season. Just another all star perimeter player that scouts let slip through the draft which happened a few times in that era. Bulls did the same with Michael Finley in 95.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#44 » by euroleague » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 pm

People are talking about 94 too much. Hakeem peaked in 94, Ewing in 90 - but, it wasn’t that big of a difference in 94.

Ewing’s best chance would’ve been 92, if he had another star. Beating MJ would’ve obviously helped his legacy... Joe Dumars may have been a better selection than Drexler

Return to Player Comparisons