The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#1721 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:45 am

Bayaz wrote:LBJ needs to more aggressive. 13pts off 9fgs won't be enough with Davis out, especially against elite teams.

He can’t be putting the pedal to the metal every single game, particularly against teams like the Jazz. It’s a big waste of energy for a team that needs to defend their chip and save their legs and health for the playoffs.

On the flip side, they need to gel and get it clicking. They’ll have time still to do all of that when Davis and Schroeder are back, though obviously not as much.

It’s pros and cons and weighing them though at this point.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#1722 » by homecourtloss » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:47 am

Le drone looked pretty sorry and quick out there during this malaise the Lakers have been in. His shooting, unfortunately, has fallen off of a cliff.

5-22 on threes while the other team made 14 in the first half and the Lakers don’t shoot that many more FTs than opponents who shoot more threes...tough to win like this.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,426

Post#1723 » by letskissbro » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 am

Remember when this team could actually **** defend lobs
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,426

Post#1724 » by letskissbro » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:50 am

It's actually comical how bad this team is at shooting
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#1725 » by SweetTouch » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:55 am

Lol not sure why LBJ wants to keep playing every game and give 3% effort

Oh well, every win now by an opponent is like them beating the worst team in the league . Lakers not giving one ****
Stop being so disrespectful.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#1726 » by homecourtloss » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 am

SweetTouch wrote:Lol not sure why LBJ wants to keep playing every game and give 3% effort

Oh well, every win now by an opponent is like them beating the worst team in the league . Lakers not giving one ****

Career points stat padding. Every 18-25 points counts.

I actually thought he came out pretty hard in this one when the Lakers were up 17-13. Then the barrage of threes csme and that was that.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Bayaz
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#1727 » by Bayaz » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:07 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Bayaz wrote:LBJ needs to more aggressive. 13pts off 9fgs won't be enough with Davis out, especially against elite teams.

He can’t be putting the pedal to the metal every single game, particularly against teams like the Jazz. It’s a big waste of energy for a team that needs to defend their chip and save their legs and health for the playoffs.

On the flip side, they need to gel and get it clicking. They’ll have time still to do all of that when Davis and Schroeder are back, though obviously not as much.

3-4 Jazz players are playing with more aggressiveness than LBJ. This isn't the bubble anymore, seeding matters.
Blackmill
Senior
And1: 719

Post#1728 » by Blackmill » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:26 am

Bayaz wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

3-4 Jazz players are playing with more aggressiveness than LBJ. This isn't the bubble anymore, seeding matters.

Do you really think LeBron playing with more effort would make up the nearly 30 point deficit? There's no way that happens outside of some extraordinarily hot shooting. And even then maybe not. I'm guessing LA's priority is to reach the all-star break in good enough health to start playing more like they did at the start of the season once games resume.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,445

Post#1729 » by toodles23 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:26 am

homecourtloss wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:Lol not sure why LBJ wants to keep playing every game and give 3% effort

I actually thought he came out pretty hard in this one when the Lakers were up 17-13. Then the barrage of threes csme and that was that.

Yeah he was actually playing pretty hard up until they started to get blown out. You can say he shouldn't have pouted and given up but going full throttle at age 36 for like a 3% chance of coming back isn't a wise move.

Regardless of what Lebron did they had no shot to win with his teammates playing like this. Lots of chicken with their heads cut off type of pointless cuts through the paint that didn't do anything, guys just generally standing inside the arc for no reason (THT, Kuz, KCP, Morris, Wesley have all been guilty of this during this losing streak), and then when they did get an open look they of course bricked it. The coaching staff's #1 priority right now should be figuring out how to get the team's 3 point volume up, and hope that they start going down.

This team isn't built to withstand both AD and Schroeder being absent either. Lebron is the only playmaker on the team right now and it's looked absolutely brutal when anybody else tries to create something, and of course AD can solve a lot of their defensive problems (along with better execution and effort from the rest of the guys). I'm not going to get worried until I see them struggle with both AD/Dennis back in the lineup.

I think Gasol is probably cooked though, they need to get another center somehow. He hasn't been able to guard anybody.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#1730 » by Greyhound » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:30 am

kayess wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
kayess wrote:
Lmao, don't switch the goalposts and strawman. You said he's agenda driven, which I objected to, I never said he was NEVER biased.

Re, supporting LeBron: you mean the countless times Lowe has mentioned LeBron's probably already the GOAT (even circa 2018) just in terms of career value? Or his tweets during the magical 2018 run culminating in him saying LeBron's "on another plane of existence" against the Warriors? We could go even further back and go to 2016 where he said beating the Warriors was "unimaginable", and LeBron imagined a way to beat them? Yep, sure doesn't sound supportive of LeBron to me.

Even in 2012, pre Game 6 ECF, when he wrote about LeBron in the clutch and said it's all there, that you shouldn't just focus on the failures and take into account that he's actually been quite good in the clutch overall. The more sensible read of Lowe's tone is that he tries a bit too hard to go out of his way not to overtly support LeBron because he clearly thinks he's the GOAT (or close to it), and overcorrects for the bias there.

Yeahp, Lowe supporting LeBron in 2021 would be the absolute first time he's done it. You accusing me of having a knee-jerk response is completely laughable, lmaoooo

You took two whole days to come up with this? Agenda driven/ biased... any more hairs you would like to split?

LOL.

You already know where I stand on the (Lowe) matter. I don’t care what you think about what I think about it.

Are people not allowed to have lives?? Just take the L man, you're coming off as really agenda-driven in your posts.

You got me.

You know my “agenda” to get the word out on Zach Lowe is all that matters. I brave these concussive L’s for the sake of the children.

Have you no compassion for the children?
Don't believe the hype...
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#1731 » by Greyhound » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:43 am

yoyoboy wrote:Just rest LeBron until the AS break. This team isn't going to win any of the games without Davis and all you're doing is running Bron into the ground.

It’s not just Davis, it’s Schroder as well. The two of them out (together) is too big a loss for a team constructed the way the Lakers are.

That being said, I cannot believe anyone even bothered to watch that Jazz game. It was the most predictable beat down I can remember ever having seen appear on the schedule. I just got through watching some documentary about Woody Allen, then a Real Housewives rerun with my wife.

It has come to that.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#1732 » by Greyhound » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 am

toodles23 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

Yeah he was actually playing pretty hard up until they started to get blown out. You can say he shouldn't have pouted and given up but going full throttle at age 36 for like a 3% chance of coming back isn't a wise move.

Regardless of what Lebron did they had no shot to win with his teammates playing like this. Lots of chicken with their heads cut off type of pointless cuts through the paint that didn't do anything, guys just generally standing inside the arc for no reason (THT, Kuz, KCP, Morris, Wesley have all been guilty of this during this losing streak), and then when they did get an open look they of course bricked it. The coaching staff's #1 priority right now should be figuring out how to get the team's 3 point volume up, and hope that they start going down.

This team isn't built to withstand both AD and Schroeder being absent either. Lebron is the only playmaker on the team right now and it's looked absolutely brutal when anybody else tries to create something, and of course AD can solve a lot of their defensive problems (along with better execution and effort from the rest of the guys). I'm not going to get worried until I see them struggle with both AD/Dennis back in the lineup.

I think Gasol is probably cooked though, they need to get another center somehow. He hasn't been able to guard anybody.

This is a spot on analysis.
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#1733 » by SeniorWalker » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 am

Lakers need to give up going for a top 2-3 seed and manage LeBron properly. If they can get AD back healthy and preserve LeBron, they will still be favorites in the west.

Let it go and stay healthy. Even if you fall as far as 5 or 6 it doesn't matter.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,667

Post#1734 » by nzahir » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:00 am

I didn't watch 1 second of this game, thank god

Time to make at least 1 move, maybe 2

Need a more athletic big man who can be a vertical lob threat and block shots. Insane how went from 2 to 0

Need more shooting any way we can get it

I think there are 3 untouchables

Lebron, AD, and AC (only b/c I think what we would get back for him would be worth much less)

Everyone else should be available RIGHT NOW

Dennis, Kcp, THT, Wes, Marc, Trez, and Kieff
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#1735 » by Greyhound » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 am

nzahir wrote:I didn't watch 1 second of this game, thank god

Need a more athletic big man who can be a vertical lob threat and block shots. Insane how went from 2 to 0

Lebron, AD, and AC (only b/c I think what we would get back for him would be worth much less)

If anything, this recent stretch has shown the value of Dennis Schroder to the Lakers. After LeBron and AD he is the third most important player on the entire roster.

This recent stretch has made me 100% clear on that.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#1736 » by SweetTouch » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:56 am

Dennis is not that great but since he knows how to dribble a basketball he’s great for this team of knuckleheads

Where is waiters when you need him
Stop being so disrespectful.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#1737 » by zimpy27 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:01 am

Greyhound wrote:
nzahir wrote:I didn't watch 1 second of this game, thank god

If anything, this recent stretch has shown the value of Dennis Schroder to the Lakers. After LeBron and AD he is the third most important player on the entire roster.

This recent stretch has made me 100% clear on that.

Agreed. Though I do think Schroeder is tradeable but he'd have to bring back a playmaker.

If Lakers had have just picked up Batum then they would be rolling right now. They need a playmaking wing.

I think Kyle Anderson would be ideal but don't know the cost.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1738 » by Dupp » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 am

letskissbro wrote:It's actually comical how bad this team is at shooting

3 years and the front office still yet to get any shooting outside green.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1739 » by Baski » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: clockwork

Man it's tough being a Lebron fan in the RS
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#1740 » by Slava » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 am

Meanwhile, the other three conference finalists from last season are a combined 47-48 so far this season. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The only surprise for me is that it took this long for these dudes to hit a wall. Caruso usually flies around the court like a cat chasing a laser pointer and even he's looking a step slow.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Player Comparisons