The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#181 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 pm

With zero depth and a really tough eastern conference, their stars are going to have to play heavy minutes to even get to the playoffs. Kyrie is injury prone and KD is coming off an Achilles. It’ll be interesting to see how they hold up.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,175

Post#182 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 pm

What are the odds one of the Cavs bigs end up on the Lakers. Not a fan but Lebron did say Mcgee coming back was possible
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,632

Post#183 » by Heej » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 pm

KD is gonna have to play the Klay role for them. Lotta buckets, minimal dribbling. The other two can't play off-ball worth a damn
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#184 » by mademan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 pm

freethedevil wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Losing a close series to a champion showed the bucks might be frauds.

Losing to a team that easily gave the lakers their best fight down their leading scorer and with their best or second best player hobbled absolutely proved it.(never mind their best player was injured almost half the series)

You have doubts about the bucks vs teams that have done somethign? Fair enough. the clippers? The nets? The sixers? Lmao.

The bucks are obviously not unbetable, they are absolutely a strong playoff team. Losing to the heat really doesn't make a great case they'd lose to every contender you can think of in the east. Maybe the sixers are a bad amtchup because of their defense(tho that goes away if you trade simmons), but i think you should give a little more reasoning here "well the bucks lost sooo".

The bucks are frauds in the sense that if budenholzer doesn’t get his **** together they aren’t a threat and will lose to the heat again prolly

Would we assume they'd run into the heat?
What if they get the celtics and the nets?

I think healthy, the Heat are gonna be there waiting for the Bucks. They'll beat Sixers/C's/Nets imo. Especially Sixers and Nets, i give Boston a much stronger shot at taking them out. I think they defend the Nets well enough to completely expose them on the other side with all that shooting and movement
Heej
General Manager

Post#185 » by Heej » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 pm

freethedevil wrote:
Heej wrote:As a Bron fan where everything's gravy after him winning with 3 different franchises, LOL this is exactly what I wanted to see. Brons right back in his comfort zone from the last few years, being the hunter rather than the hunted.

MVP season suuuper incoming lol. Man's is gonna be on another level of motivation after this, and this low-key outs a little pep in my step watching this season now. Cuz I feel like I've been a little checked out of keeping up with the Lakers and the league in general recently.

Why woudl he be motivated for the regular season?

Because there's a new superteam in town built to beat him and he once again has a boss battle to look forward to. I think he's gonna try more in the RS just to show up the guys all the way on the other side of the country why he's still the King. Just going by what I think I know about Brons personality now after all these years.

Just as Bron fans didnt you perk up a little bit hearing this? I don't see why he'd be much different considering what a slog of a season this is.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#186 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

mademan wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

The bucks are frauds in the sense that if budenholzer doesn’t get his **** together they aren’t a threat and will lose to the heat again prolly

I think healthy, the Heat are gonna be there waiting for the Bucks. They'll beat Sixers/C's/Nets imo. Especially Sixers and Nets, i give Boston a much stronger shot at taking them out. I think they defend the Nets well enough to completely expose them on the other side with all that shooting and movement

It comes down to this

Budenholzer has shown he can’t adjust in playoff matchups for 5 years now

If that changes the bucks are a legit 70 win team that can play like one in the playoffs, which would be at our level last year (still too early to say how good we’ll be this year).

If not the bucks will lose early on again
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
donnieme
Head Coach

Post#187 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 pm

freethedevil wrote:Bro, we got harden-kd-and kyrie? Offensively that's pretty increidble synergy and talent. KD as an off-ball weapon, harden as an elite slasher, and kyrie irving to link the two. We'll see if it works but... I guess we have a shot at the final now.

Not sure how the nets are going to stop the lakers and the bucks are still tough as hell, but being a series away from ending our title drought would be wild.

This is the most hyped I've been since the new york red bulls broke the mls regular season record. Than they pulled a 16 warriors :(

Congrats. People are sleeping on how good you're about to be on offense
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#188 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 pm

mademan wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Well their playoffs were pretty damn impressive last year so I'm not going to count them out, losing iggy and jae crowder hurts them though. You would --really-- like iggy vs harden I think. The team thought could have taken out the heat if matchups went their way were the raptors, but the raptors seem to have been rendered doa by gasol leaving.

That being said, on paper, the nets have potentially an all-time offense,a nd you can make up for **** rim protecc with that. I'm not sure how much of the heat's playoff play will be replicable but if they do operate at the level they were at in the bubble, they defintiely have a chance at the final(and a title shot) assumung health
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#189 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:14 pm

donnieme wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Bro, we got harden-kd-and kyrie? Offensively that's pretty increidble synergy and talent. KD as an off-ball weapon, harden as an elite slasher, and kyrie irving to link the two. We'll see if it works but... I guess we have a shot at the final now.

Not sure how the nets are going to stop the lakers and the bucks are still tough as hell, but being a series away from ending our title drought would be wild.

This is the most hyped I've been since the new york red bulls broke the mls regular season record. Than they pulled a 16 warriors :(

Congrats. People are sleeping on how good you're about to be on offense

Meh, I'd much rather we traded kyrie for a legit anchor. Durant making us sign lakers chandler 2.0 was **** dum.
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#190 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Heej wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Heej wrote:As a Bron fan where everything's gravy after him winning with 3 different franchises, LOL this is exactly what I wanted to see. Brons right back in his comfort zone from the last few years, being the hunter rather than the hunted.

MVP season suuuper incoming lol. Man's is gonna be on another level of motivation after this, and this low-key outs a little pep in my step watching this season now. Cuz I feel like I've been a little checked out of keeping up with the Lakers and the league in general recently.

Because there's a new superteam in town built to beat him and he once again has a boss battle to look forward to. I think he's gonna try more in the RS just to show up the guys all the way on the other side of the country why he's still the King. Just going by what I think I know about Brons personality now after all these years.

Just as Bron fans didnt you perk up a little bit hearing this? I don't see why he'd be much different considering what a slog of a season this is.

First reaction was pissed because it makes the Lakers’ repeat a tougher task. But at the same time I’d love for LeBron to get a chance to take out KD after all the smack he’s talked the last few years. Now I need a LeBron MVP campaign.
donnieme
Head Coach

Post#191 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Heej wrote:
freethedevil wrote:

Lebron's finals opponents list is about to read like a murderer's row
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#192 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 pm

freethedevil wrote:
mademan wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Would we assume they'd run into the heat?

Well their playoffs were pretty damn impressive last year so I'm not going to count them out, losing iggy and jae crowder hurts them though. You would --really-- like iggy vs harden I think. The team thought could have taken out the heat if matchups went their way were the raptors, but the raptors seem to have been rendered doa by gasol leaving.

That being said, on paper, the nets have potentially an all-time offense,a nd you can make up for **** rim protecc with that. I'm not sure how much of the heat's playoff play will be replicable but if they do operate at the level they were at in the bubble, they defintiely have a chance at the final(and a title shot) assumung health

I mean yeah people need to stop trying to over Iq this, harden+kyrie+Durant is actually gonna be ridiculous, and their defense even if it isn’t great they’re still gonna be crazy

I’d still say the lakers are a bit better but the nets went from a threat to like riiiight there
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#193 » by JulesWinnfield » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Kyrie’s mental fragility is making people forget about how fragile he is physically. The majority of his nba seasons have ended prematurely due to injury. Not to mention his year at Duke too. If we go by track record there’s no reason to think that won’t pop up again. We don’t even need to get into the fact that he appears to be having some sort of mental breakdown and we now have reports that he’s not a Nash fan and has had increasing distance in his relationship with Durant. He’s a time bomb that will blow this up with his head or his body
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#194 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
mademan wrote:

I mean yeah people need to stop trying to over Iq this, harden+kyrie+Durant is actually gonna be ridiculous, and their defense even if it isn’t great they’re still gonna be crazy

I’d still say the lakers are a bit better but the nets went from a threat to like riiiight there

Ehh.
I wouldn't put the nets up their with the lakers. Lakers are basically the nets+league best defense so ummm.

I mean kyrie is better than scroder, but I'll take lebron+ad over kd+harden 10/10 offensively lol. Like they're more talented collectively AND the synergy is perfection.

Frankly if gasol plays like his playoff self and health is good, its a wrap barring some insane hot streak. Gasol and Lebron probably can murk durant, Davis can handle harden and I don't think kyrie vs schroder or caruso is going to cause anywhere near the damage lebron and davis are causing to deandre's corpse. Nets defintiely have great offensive talent and the synergy is there on paper if ebeyrhing work sout, but havng no one to protect the rim and ahrden potentially being your second best perimtier defender is um....not great.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,687

Post#195 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Nets are gonna score 140 but give up 140.

Their defense was already bad, but it's about to get worse giving up Allen. I don't see this year being their year, but maybe next season with Marks being able to give proper tooling.
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#196 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 pm

I wonder how Kyrie will handle being third fiddle in Brooklyn. He didn’t even like being second fiddle to LeBron freaking James.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#197 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 pm

freethedevil wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Well their playoffs were pretty damn impressive last year so I'm not going to count them out, losing iggy and jae crowder hurts them though. You would --really-- like iggy vs harden I think. The team thought could have taken out the heat if matchups went their way were the raptors, but the raptors seem to have been rendered doa by gasol leaving.

Ehh.
I wouldn't put the nets up their with the lakers. Lakers are basically the nets+league best defense so ummm.

I mean kyrie is better than scroder, but I'll take lebron+ad over kd+harden 10/10 offensively lol. Like they're more talented collectively AND the synergy is perfection.

Frankly if gasol plays like his playoff self and health is good, its a wrap barring some insane hot streak. Gasol and Lebron probably can murk durant, Davis can handle harden and I don't think kyrie vs schroder or caruso is going to cause anywhere near the damage lebron and davis are causing to deandre's corpse. Nets defintiely have great offensive talent and the synergy is there on paper if ebeyrhing work sout, but havng no one to protect the rim and ahrden potentially being your second best perimtier defender is um....not great.

The thing is there’s gonna always be a mismatch they can exploit, I’m favoring lakers in 6 but the lakers being the best equipped to stop them doesn’t mean they can stop them

Offensively the lakers should kill them but it’s not as simple as offense rtg vs defense rtg even from a matchup perspective, lakers are slower offensively than defensively tactically at responding to stuff but they’re quite good at it overall.

It’s not a wrap, but the lakers are probably favored.

MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#198 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm

I thought Embiid and Giannis were gonna put the Nets in the basket on every play before this trade, and now they have DJ as the only real big man. They'll make trades, but as currently constructed, that team cannot play playoff defense. Giannis could average 40 points against them if Bud lets him play enough minutes.

There's also the Kyrie factor and his displeasure as a third option, that's if he ever comes back.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#199 » by Run DLC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm

I’m not worrying about the Nets unless they add some defensive depth to their roster and even then, Kyrie is guaranteed to miss a few games if not the entire playoffs. On paper, they may look unbeatable, but chemistry, depth, and DEFENSE all play major factors to winning a championship.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
Heej
General Manager

Post#200 » by Heej » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm

thebigbird wrote:
Heej wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Why woudl he be motivated for the regular season?

First reaction was pissed because it makes the Lakers’ repeat a tougher task. But at the same time I’d love for LeBron to get a chance to take out KD after all the smack he’s talked the last few years. Now I need a LeBron MVP campaign.

Lol I feel you on that but I see them more as a team that looks better on paper than in practice but will still be a serious contender; so Bron can win handily against them while having it look SPECTACULAR on his resume that he took out those 3 lol. It's a best case scenario for me imo I just don't think they're gonna be that good but as the GOAT debate over the years the biggest ace in the hole after 2016 would be that Bron beat this three-headed monster

Return to Player Comparisons