The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal, Quotatious, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063

xb3at band1tx
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 29, 2012

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#201 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 pm

Yeah, no one should be automatically penciling in the nets to come out the east this early.

They don't even have enough competent defenders to form a wall on Giannis.
dcstanley
Pro Prospect
Posts: 883
And1: 453
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#202 » by dcstanley » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 pm

Heej wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Heej wrote:Because there's a new superteam in town built to beat him and he once again has a boss battle to look forward to. I think he's gonna try more in the RS just to show up the guys all the way on the other side of the country why he's still the King. Just going by what I think I know about Brons personality now after all these years.

Just as Bron fans didnt you perk up a little bit hearing this? I don't see why he'd be much different considering what a slog of a season this is.

First reaction was pissed because it makes the Lakers’ repeat a tougher task. But at the same time I’d love for LeBron to get a chance to take out KD after all the smack he’s talked the last few years. Now I need a LeBron MVP campaign.

Lol I feel you on that but I see them more as a team that looks better on paper than in practice but will still be a serious contender; so Bron can win handily against them while having it look SPECTACULAR on his resume that he took out those 3 lol. It's a best case scenario for me imo I just don't think they're gonna be that good but as the GOAT debate over the years the biggest ace in the hole after 2016 would be that Bron beat this three-headed monster

Exactly how I feel lol. I was actually rooting for this to happen in November. All I see is a legacy booster for our boy, as constructed this Nets team is not equipped to handle the Lakers.
User avatar
LA Bird
Veteran
Posts: 2,703
And1: 2,191
Joined: Feb 16, 2015

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#203 » by LA Bird » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am

I feel like people are too worried about the Nets because of scoring bias. The alternative is Philly trading Simmons for Harden and becoming a championship threat that is elite on both ends of the floor. The Sixers biggest weakness has been Simmons's underwhelming play without Embiid

2018/19 WOWY
Embiid and Simmons (3243 min): +11.6 net
Embiid, no Simmons (1436 min): +7.4 net
Simmons, no Embiid (2979 min): -3.9 net

Trade Simmons for Harden and Philly is a legit threat with both a top offensive anchor and a top defensive anchor. The Nets? They have three mega scorers who don't fit together with little depth and defense. Durant is the most efficient individual scorer but he will probably see the largest drop in shots because he provides the most value without the ball. And we already saw how happy he was about that in Golden State. Not to mention Kyrie and Harden's (lack of) leadership in the locker room.

The Lakers beating this Nets team in the Finals will be the best thing possible for LeBron's legacy. Casual fans only care about name recognition and LeBron will get more legacy boost for winning against this Nets big 3 than any of his previous Finals opponents.
freethedevil
Head Coach
Posts: 6,898
And1: 3,098
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#204 » by freethedevil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 am

LA Bird wrote:I feel like people are too worried about the Nets because of scoring bias. The alternative is Philly trading Simmons for Harden and becoming a championship threat that is elite on both ends of the floor. The Sixers biggest weakness has been Simmons's underwhelming play without Embiid

2018/19 WOWY
Embiid and Simmons (3243 min): +11.6 net
Embiid, no Simmons (1436 min): +7.4 net
Simmons, no Embiid (2979 min): -3.9 net

Trade Simmons for Harden and Philly is a legit threat with both a top offensive anchor and a top defensive anchor. The Nets? They have three mega scorers who don't fit together with little depth and defense. Durant is the most efficient individual scorer but he will probably see the largest drop in shots because he provides the most value without the ball. And we already saw how happy he was about that in Golden State. Not to mention Kyrie and Harden's (lack of) leadership in the locker room.

The Lakers beating this Nets team in the Finals will be the best thing possible for LeBron's legacy. Casual fans only care about name recognition and LeBron will get more legacy boost for winning against this Nets big 3 than any of his previous Finals opponents.

What if you trade simmons for kyrie? Lockeroom issues aside kyrie fits perfectly with embid on paper. And nets get a verastile defensive piece who can playmake do some damage at the rim and can benefit from all of the nets new found shooting
picko
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 1,688
Joined: May 17, 2018
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#205 » by picko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 am

The Lakers are a very well designed team from top-to-bottom. The pieces fit together nicely both offensively but also defensively.

The Nets obviously have more star power but their depth is pencil thin. They can absolutely win a championship with that core but the Lakers will not be easily defeated. No team, as they are currently constructed, will find it easy to beat the Lakers four out of seven.
User avatar
LA Bird
Veteran
Posts: 2,703
And1: 2,191
Joined: Feb 16, 2015

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#206 » by LA Bird » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 am

freethedevil wrote:What if you trade simmons for kyrie? Lockeroom issues aside kyrie fits perfectly with embid on paper. And nets get a verastile defensive piece who can playmake do some damage at the rim and can benefit from all of the nets new found shooting

Both the Sixers and Nets would theoretically become better from the improved fit. But Kyrie is who he is and Morey isn't going to trade Simmons now after passing on a far better player in Harden. Even if this trade goes through, I don't see either teams being close to the Lakers.
User avatar
GSP
RealGM
Posts: 11,435
And1: 5,527
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#207 » by GSP » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:42 am

LA Bird wrote:
freethedevil wrote:What if you trade simmons for kyrie? Lockeroom issues aside kyrie fits perfectly with embid on paper. And nets get a verastile defensive piece who can playmake do some damage at the rim and can benefit from all of the nets new found shooting

Both the Sixers and Nets would theoretically become better from the improved fit. But Kyrie is who he is and Morey isn't going to trade Simmons now after passing on a far better player in Harden. Even if this trade goes through, I don't see either teams being close to the Lakers.


Simmons was included in the Harden proposal Sixers just werent willing to give up Thybulle/Maxey and picks along with it. Brooklyn wouldnt ask for that much
kayess
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,502
And1: 808
Joined: Sep 29, 2013

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#208 » by kayess » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 am

What if KD just channels KG and anchors the defense, plus plays offball and just shoots 3s/attacks off the catch from a Harden/Irving pass?

I think the average case is yes, they'll get destroyed by the Bucks (or even the Sixers), but even when thinking about scary their absolute ceiling is - Harden's (and to a lesser extent's, Irving's) lesser value off-ball is going to be a problem.

Idk what to think tbh. Heej is right that this'll look great on the resume, but it'd probably be empty calories TBH LMAO
dcstanley
Pro Prospect
Posts: 883
And1: 453
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#209 » by dcstanley » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 am

Curious to see what moves Marks makes on the margins. Is there anyone you guys foresee being available that could make their defense more respectable?
User avatar
eminence
General Manager
Posts: 8,472
And1: 5,171
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#210 » by eminence » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 am

dcstanley wrote:Curious to see what moves Marks makes on the margins. Is there anyone you guys foresee being available that could make their defense more respectable?


Is RHJ still a FA?

Otherwise the only remaining non-min type salaries they have outside of the big 3 are DeAndre/Dinwiddie, seems tough to get anything meaningful with that and their complete lack of picks.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17
xb3at band1tx
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 29, 2012

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#211 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:20 am

kayess wrote:What if KD just channels KG and anchors the defense, plus plays offball and just shoots 3s/attacks off the catch from a Harden/Irving pass?

I think the average case is yes, they'll get destroyed by the Bucks (or even the Sixers), but even when thinking about scary their absolute ceiling is - Harden's (and to a lesser extent's, Irving's) lesser value off-ball is going to be a problem.

Idk what to think tbh. Heej is right that this'll look great on the resume, but it'd probably be empty calories TBH LMAO

I think GS was the best we saw from defensive KD. For all his gifts he never had the strength like KG and Duncan to be a true defensive anchor.
kayess
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,502
And1: 808
Joined: Sep 29, 2013

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#212 » by kayess » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:31 am

holy **** that movement and pass by Caruso was SO good
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,097
And1: 2,321
Joined: Nov 13, 2010
   

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#213 » by Run DLC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 am



To this day, I’m still amazed by this pass made by LeBron. It looked so simple and effortless, but not that many players can execute it like that.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
kayess
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,502
And1: 808
Joined: Sep 29, 2013

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#214 » by kayess » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 am

Lakers definitely have a switch. You think you're hanging around then you're down by 20. It's not as explosive as the GSW death lineup, or even those 2013 Heat runs, but they get up 20 all the same
kayess
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,502
And1: 808
Joined: Sep 29, 2013

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#215 » by kayess » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am

You LOVE to see that. They're up 20 and AD is talkign defense hahaha.

I was worried THT would let the hype get to him and he'd hog the ball too much when he gets it, but he's been a very willing (and decent) passer so far
xb3at band1tx
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 29, 2012

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#216 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 am

Could be the vogel effect, but Trezz been looking like a solid defender
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 16,835
And1: 17,524
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#217 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 am

LeBron's 5/14??? This man really doesn't give a crap about shot selection quality right now lol
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
User avatar
SideshowBob
General Manager
Posts: 8,965
And1: 6,092
Joined: Jul 16, 2010
Location: DC Metropolitan
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#218 » by SideshowBob » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 am

Dude is trigger happy like he hasn't been since the 05-10 pre-Miami days.

Took long enough.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
User avatar
MisterHibachi
RealGM
Posts: 16,835
And1: 17,524
Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Location: Toronto
 

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#219 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

His confidence in the 3 ball is at an all time high
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
xb3at band1tx
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 29, 2012

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#220 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

LeBron is an assassin this year

Return to Player Comparisons