Isiah/Ewing
63%

Total votes: 24

Matt15
Assistant Coach
And1: 499

Kobe Bryant/Dennis Rodman or Isiah Thomas/Patrick Ewing 

Post#1 » by Matt15 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:43 am

Which duo would you rather build a team around?
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Kobe Bryant/Dennis Rodman or Isiah Thomas/Patrick Ewing 

Post#2 » by migya » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:49 am

No comparison. Rodman is not a star, just good on one end and total liability on the other. Isiah was good with other talented players and Ewing would be a great big paired with him. With two good shooters with them they'd compete every year.
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#3 » by Jordan Syndrome » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:38 pm

migya wrote:No comparison. Rodman is not a star, just good on one end and total liability on the other. Isiah was good with other talented players and Ewing would be a great big paired with him. With two good shooters with them they'd compete every year.

There are actually strong arguments supported by reliable data which suggests Rodman, because of his insane Offensive Rebounding and Low Usage, was a positive offensive player impact-wise.
rrravenred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 547
Location: Pulling at the loose threads of arguments since 2006

Post#4 » by rrravenred » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 am

Going to give it to Ewing/Zeke based primary on the interior defense a guy like Ewing gives you as opposed to the solid to- good perimeter and post D Rodman and Kobe provide.

Although I believe Zeke's offensive game is overrated for what it is, he's still arguably the best guard Ewing ever played with, and Ewing midrange game gives the drive and kick some teeth.

The other team would live and die by Kobe's shot creation ability, and I'm not solid on that in isolation being a reliable engine for team success, although Rodman would feast on Kobe's midrange misses.

Think the overall talent superiority for Kobe/Rodman doesn't overcome the fit superiority of Ewing/Thomas.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
ElGee wrote:You, my friend, have shoved those words into my mouth, which is OK because I'm hungry.

Got fallacy?
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#5 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 am

Isiah/Ewing to me feels like a duo guaranteed to contend for titles in most any era. Kobe/Rodman doesn't really guarantee you much of anything imo. Chemistry wise I'm not sure it works either. Both guys had their chemistry issues.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#6 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 am

I like the offensive ceilling of Kobe alone better than Ewing and Isiah. Give me Kobe and the elite rebounding and defense of Rodman.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#7 » by JordansBulls » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:21 am

Isiah and Ewing two #1 options on teams that have been in the finals or won it.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to Player Comparisons