The CP3 Thread

Moderators: Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal, Quotatious

ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,054

Re: The CP3 Thread 

Post#21 » by ShotCreator » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:24 pm

I wish he got this much attention when he was running halfcourt offense better than everybody except two guys(Curry, Harden), and he was playing better defense than those guys ever could simultaneously from 2014 to 2017.

Oh well. At least he’s getting some acclaim these past two years. Obviously too much with the MVP stuff but it does make up for it in some way.

I just don’t think most fans will even be able to truly grasp just how good he was in his prime. Levels and levels and levels above how he’s playing right now. If he was 28 again, he could probably rightfully win MVP over Jokic this year.
Swinging for the fences.
MO12msu
Rookie
And1: 563

Post#22 » by MO12msu » Wed May 5, 2021 2:23 am

3 days shy of age 36 and he puts up this insane statline...

23pts/16ast/6reb/4stl/2blk/0tov, 50/67/100 shooting, led team in plus/minus at +20.

Point God
Bobbcats
Analyst
And1: 297

Post#23 » by Bobbcats » Wed May 5, 2021 2:49 am

I wish he got this much attention when he was running halfcourt offense better than everybody except two guys(Curry, Harden), and he was playing better defense than those guys ever could simultaneously from 2014 to 2017.

How you feel about that now is how I felt about it in 2014 to 2017 compared to his 2007-2009 game. Clippers at least got a lot more attention than the Hornets. In both cases, he made people consider his teammates much better than they actually were and therefore he wasn't considered as good as he actually was. In retrospect I can't believe people thought the 2007-2008 were a contender. People quickly forgot that prior to joining the Hornets Chandler was considered a bust and Peja was considered washed up. Aside from them and West they didn't have any other even decent players and somehow that team was seen as not achieving what it could have. In 08-09 they barely even had Peja and Chandler who got injured and didn't play well when they weren't and they still made the playoffs. Again noone else on that team was even decent (none were in an NBA rotation the following year). With the Clippers for some reason Blake was the one getting MVP buzz.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 14,851

Post#24 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed May 5, 2021 4:03 am

Bobbcats wrote:

How you feel about that now is how I felt about it in 2014 to 2017 compared to his 2007-2009 game. Clippers at least got a lot more attention than the Hornets. In both cases, he made people consider his teammates much better than they actually were and therefore he wasn't considered as good as he actually was. In retrospect I can't believe people thought the 2007-2008 were a contender. People quickly forgot that prior to joining the Hornets Chandler was considered a bust and Peja was considered washed up. Aside from them and West they didn't have any other even decent players and somehow that team was seen as not achieving what it could have. In 08-09 they barely even had Peja and Chandler who got injured and didn't play well when they weren't and they still made the playoffs. Again noone else on that team was even decent (none were in an NBA rotation the following year). With the Clippers for some reason Blake was the one getting MVP buzz.

Guy played for two of the worst franchises in the NBA - people greatly overlook how important the front office is. The Hornets and Clippers were absolute crap before Chris Paul joined them. Surprised CP3 didn't join the Timberwolves to keep up the holy trinity of bad NBA franchises.
dygaction
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#25 » by dygaction » Wed May 5, 2021 4:26 am

Kawhi is playing like a role player, where is he? Time to step up!
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 5,464

Post#26 » by DirtyDez » Wed May 5, 2021 5:16 am

Read on Twitter
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,353

Post#27 » by NinjaSheppard » Wed May 5, 2021 3:01 pm

Watching the Suns this year and man Mikal Bridges is exactly the guy Chris Paul has been missing on all his good teams in the past. Just a perfect fit and one of the most underrated players in the league.

I'd hot take even and say he is the second best player on Phoenix this year. Booker has been kinda underwhelming but this is probably me being a contrarian and just liking Bridges a lot.
Bobbcats
Analyst
And1: 297

Post#28 » by Bobbcats » Wed May 5, 2021 8:05 pm

Bridges is a really high IQ player. Knows how to guard the best players while avoiding fouls and on offense he's got a great eye for where to find openings without the ball. Seems to always get himself wide open for passes moving to the rim. Doesn't hurt that he never seems to miss from the corner
SK21209
Analyst
And1: 3,710

Post#29 » by SK21209 » Wed May 5, 2021 8:22 pm

Bobbcats wrote:

Bonzi Wells and Jannergo Pargo had solid years off the bench for that 08 Hornets team but yeah, CP3 almost singlehandedly turned that Hornets team into a contender that season. I watched every second of that WCSF series against the Spurs and to that point I had never seen a more dominant performance by a point guard.

Return to Player Comparisons