8.  0-0-1-1-0 /   8 points / 0.080 share / '03 Doug Christie
 9.  0-0-1-0-1 /   6 points / 0.060 share / '51 Arnie Risen
10.  0-0-0-1-2 /   5 points / 0.050 share / '04 Brad Miller
11.  0-0-0-1-0 /   3 points / 0.030 share / '97 Mitch Richmond
12.  0-0-0-1-0 /   3 points / 0.030 share / '69 Jerry Lucas
13.  0-0-0-0-2 /   2 points / 0.020 share / '02 Vlade Divac

Results on Google Sheet
The issue with per75 numbers;
36pts on 27 fga/9 fta in 36 mins, does this mean he'd keep up the efficiency to get 48pts on 36fga/12fta in 48 mins?
The answer; NO. He's human, not a linearly working machine.
Per75 is efficiency rate, not actual production.
Black Feet
Sixth Man
And1: 115

Re: [Project] Top 5 single season peaks by franchises: The Kings 

Post#22 » by Black Feet » Thu May 20, 2021 2:27 pm

how are brad miller and doug christie getting more votes than Cousins? lol
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,876

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Thu May 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Black Feet wrote:how are brad miller and doug christie getting more votes than Cousins? lol

Because they were better at basketball.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,860

Post#24 » by Dutchball97 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:32 pm

Odinn21 wrote:The Kings results;

Code: Select all

1. 10-0-0-0-0 / 100 points / 1.000 share / '64 Oscar Robertson
 2.  0-6-0-1-1 /  46 points / 0.460 share / '73 Nate Archibald
 3.  0-2-3-2-1 /  36 points / 0.360 share / '01 Chris Webber
 4.  0-0-3-1-0 /  18 points / 0.180 share / '03 Predrag Stojakovic
 5.  0-0-2-1-2 /  15 points / 0.150 share / '52 Bobby Wanzer

6.  0-1-0-1-0 /  10 points / 0.100 share / '51 Bob Davies
 7.  0-0-1-1-0 /   9 points / 0.080 share / '03 Doug Christie
 8.  0-0-1-0-1 /   6 points / 0.060 share / '51 Arnie Risen
 9.  0-0-0-1-2 /   5 points / 0.050 share / '04 Brad Miller
10.  0-0-0-1-0 /   3 points / 0.030 share / '97 Mitch Richmond
11.  0-0-0-1-0 /   3 points / 0.030 share / '69 Jerry Lucas
12.  0-0-0-0-2 /   2 points / 0.020 share / '02 Vlade Divac

Results on Google Sheet

If there's a vote in the next hour, I'll update these results.

You missed Maurice Stokes. He has a 2nd and a 5th place vote.
Black Feet
Sixth Man
And1: 115

Post#25 » by Black Feet » Thu May 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Black Feet wrote:how are brad miller and doug christie getting more votes than Cousins? lol

lol ask this question to actual Sac fans on the kings board guaranteed those 2 role players don’t make the cut. the hate for Cousins funny
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#26 » by Colbinii » Thu May 20, 2021 2:38 pm

Black Feet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

lol ask this question to actual Sac fans on the kings board guaranteed those 2 role players don’t make the cut. the hate for Cousins funny

Cousins best 2 seasons he missed 23 and 18 games as well.

I'm sure most of them are upset with the slander he received just as most of them consider Fox a top 30-35 player when he is more like a top 50 player. We all have our biases, both SAC fans and this board.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Reservoirdawgs
Starter
And1: 965

Post#27 » by Reservoirdawgs » Thu May 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:Let's see, who replaced him in the starting lineup? Chris Webber, who never in his entire time with the Kings had as good of a raw +/- as Miller had that year.

I think people honestly need to ask themselves if Webber was a more effective player in any year than Miller was that year. And I'll note that Miller is one of these players who just finds a lot of impact out there, and demonstrated consistent trend toward this on other teams.

I'll note that the big 5 Kings of that era - Webber, Stojakovic, Christie, Divac & Miller - it's really only Divac and Miller who showed that kind of destined-for-impact play.

As someone who was a HUGE fan of the early 2000s Kings, I always attributed their rise to Chris Webber's offense and passing. Out of all of the players that I've been educated on thanks to advanced stats, he's been the hardest for me to admit that what I saw with my eyes did not turn out to be reality.

Also, as a UNC fan, I'll always be thankful for Webber's timeout :)
So when is this plane going down? I'll ride it til' it hits the ground!
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,244

Post#28 » by SNPA » Thu May 20, 2021 9:28 pm

Reservoirdawgs wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:Let's see, who replaced him in the starting lineup? Chris Webber, who never in his entire time with the Kings had as good of a raw +/- as Miller had that year.

I think people honestly need to ask themselves if Webber was a more effective player in any year than Miller was that year. And I'll note that Miller is one of these players who just finds a lot of impact out there, and demonstrated consistent trend toward this on other teams.

I'll note that the big 5 Kings of that era - Webber, Stojakovic, Christie, Divac & Miller - it's really only Divac and Miller who showed that kind of destined-for-impact play.

As someone who was a HUGE fan of the early 2000s Kings, I always attributed their rise to Chris Webber's offense and passing. Out of all of the players that I've been educated on thanks to advanced stats, he's been the hardest for me to admit that what I saw with my eyes did not turn out to be reality.

Eh.. The metrics don’t take into account that it was a system in Sac and Web sacrificed some of his game for that system. Then, when Webber got hurt he was replace with an all star in Miller.

And there was a reason Adelman forced him back into the starting lineup upon return...he knew that without an integrated Web he had no shot at a title.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,487

Post#29 » by Doctor MJ » Thu May 20, 2021 10:02 pm

SNPA wrote:
Reservoirdawgs wrote:

Eh.. The metrics don’t take into account that it was a system in Sac and Web sacrificed some of his game for that system. Then, when Webber got hurt he was replace with an all star in Miller.

And there was a reason Adelman forced him back into the starting lineup upon return...he knew that without an integrated Web he had no shot at a title.

Webber not shot as much as he did in Sacramento, and everything really indicates that he shouldn't have been. From my perspective, that's the system sacrificing for Webber rather than the other way around.

With that said, in terms of shooting efficiency, I do think there's something to be said that the passing big men that Adelman relied upon seemed to be put in a position where their efficiency was lower than it could have been. So that's a mark in favor of your point, but I'd feel it was a much stronger point if Webber wasn't jacking more shots that he'd ever justified taking before, and the Kings didn't seem fine without him.

Re: Had to put him into the starting lineup to win a title. I mean, he may well have thought that, but they didn't win a title when they put him back in. They got worse. Maybe it was worth the risk, but given that the same guy who led everybody in +/- as a starter in the RS was also the same guy putting up grade +/- off the bench in the playoffs, Adelman may have made a mistake benching Miller for Webber out of pressure to play the "superstar" rather than the guy who was more effective.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#30 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 pm

Black Feet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Yeah, because modern day King's fans are really known for being able to recognize good players. :lol:
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#31 » by Colbinii » Thu May 20, 2021 11:59 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Black Feet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Yeah, because modern day King's fans are really known for being able to recognize good players. :lol:

Say it with me...

Ja Morant

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#32 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri May 21, 2021 12:07 am

Oh wait, what am I saying. If this question was asked on the King's board they literally wouldn't know half the players that got votes.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#33 » by pillwenney » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Reservoirdawgs wrote:

Webber not shot as much as he did in Sacramento, and everything really indicates that he shouldn't have been. From my perspective, that's the system sacrificing for Webber rather than the other way around.

With that said, in terms of shooting efficiency, I do think there's something to be said that the passing big men that Adelman relied upon seemed to be put in a position where their efficiency was lower than it could have been. So that's a mark in favor of your point, but I'd feel it was a much stronger point if Webber wasn't jacking more shots that he'd ever justified taking before, and the Kings didn't seem fine without him.

Re: Had to put him into the starting lineup to win a title. I mean, he may well have thought that, but they didn't win a title when they put him back in. They got worse. Maybe it was worth the risk, but given that the same guy who led everybody in +/- as a starter in the RS was also the same guy putting up grade +/- off the bench in the playoffs, Adelman may have made a mistake benching Miller for Webber out of pressure to play the "superstar" rather than the guy who was more effective.

To be fair, yes, they got worse, but that was with Webber being a shell of himself.

I guess overall, it largely depends on how you want to evaluate players. It's not shocking to me that Miller was more effective in the Princeton role. Miller might have been better suited for it because as we've established, it involved bigs taking a ton of mid-range jumpers. Miller was significantly better than Webber at that, and that was highly relevant in that role. Webber was better at everything else offensively. In terms of regular season efficacy, it would therefore make sense Miller showed up as more effective. But when things break down, you ultimately need guys who can create offense from the breakdowns. Miller was never going to be that. Webber in his prime could be. Unfortunately that version no longer existed in 04.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#34 » by giordunk » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Brad Miller I'm **** for it. Obviously, Cousins should still be ahead and this is just haterade, but Brad Miller brings back some memories.

Brad Miller is kind of like an American Jokic. A little more in your face and aggressive than the awkward savant that Jokic is. Obviously much much much less talented than Jokic overall, but looking back, probably the closest thing we had to Jokic in playstyle.
i like peanuts
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#35 » by homecourtloss » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:28 pm

SNPA wrote:
Reservoirdawgs wrote:

The metrics do take an overarching look at how much he was contributing to winning margins over a variety of lineups over thousands and thousands of minutes. His actual objective impact did not come anywhere close to matching the expectations of his possible ceiling talent.

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Black Feet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Understanding what Dough Christie and Brad Miller did is like a litmus test of sorts.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…

Return to Player Comparisons