Who's higher on your all time team? Bird, Hakeem or Kobe

Moderators: Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, penbeast0, PaulieWal, Quotatious

Who's higher on your all time team? Bird, Hawkeem or Kobe

Bird
54%
Kobe
12%
Hakeem
34%

Total votes: 50

Narigo
Starter
And1: 568

Re: Who's higher on your all time team? Bird, Hakeem or Kobe 

Post#41 » by Narigo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Hakeem- #7
Bird- #10
Kobe- #13
Narigo's Fantasy Team

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Sidney Moncrief
SF:
PF: James Worthy
C: Tim Duncan

BE: Robert Horry
BE:
BE:
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 4,937

Post#42 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Hakeem. Then Kobe, then Bird.

Peak and 3 year prime wise I have Hakeem as the GOAT candidate. Altough I consider calculations for prime the 5 best years, that puts him ahead. Also his longevity is still pretty good, it's not like he was a bum outside 93-95.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 12,970

Post#43 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 pm

mdonnelly1989 wrote:Who's higher on your all time team? Bird, Hakeem or Kobe

Bird
Kobe

10-12 tiers

Hakeem
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,506

Post#44 » by LakerLegend » Yesterday 11:11 pm

Kobe's a better scorer than Bird, he's a better defender than Bird, and he's a better payoff performer than Bird.
Zarozzor
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Zarozzor » Today 9:05 am

7. Hakeem
10. Kobe
11. Bird

These are where I had them when I did my all-time list back in early 2019. I'd like to think that I've increased my basketball knowledge since then, and there are a few players I'm higher and lower on now. So I'm curious to see where the above three land when I make another list.
Stalwart
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Stalwart » Today 12:50 pm

It's Bird>Kobe>Olajuwon

Kobe gets alot of hate due to unfair narratives. People forget all those years Hakeem's teams weren't in contention.

Bird had the best peak. He basically had an 8 year career and still came out with a top 10 atg resume.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 15,337

Post#47 » by HeartBreakKid » Today 12:55 pm

Stalwart wrote:It's Bird>Kobe>Olajuwon

Kobe gets alot of hate due to unfair narratives. People forget all those years Hakeem's teams weren't in contention.

Bird had the best peak. He basically had an 8 year career and still came out with a top 10 atg resume.

People forgot the years Hakeem wasn't in contention because his team was not worth remembering. That's generally how it works.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#48 » by VDT » Today 5:56 pm

Bird gets a bit overrated because of the "skill" factor but he had weaknesses. For instance his scoring was not as resilient in the postseason. Careerwise, per 36 Bird had 20.3 ppg on 55.3% TS, Hakeem had 23.5 ppg on 56.9% TS. Bird played on a more defensive conference but Hakeem played in the low scoring 90s. He was a very good shooter (although low 3 point volume due to era) and very good passer but he was not defensive anchor and as a #1 option on a title team he was good but not exceptional imo with a lot of bad years efficiency wise. He was also not really a ball handler so his passing was not as dynamic.

Return to Player Comparisons