Golden State Warriors
70%

Total votes: 43

falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Re: 2021 Bucks vs 2015 Warriors 

Post#21 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:38 pm

sansterre wrote:As far as how an actual matchup would go I'm not sure; questions like that always get weird.

But I will say that, if we're simply comparing each team to its year, the '15 Warriors are obviously way, way, way better. They absolutely wrecked their year top to bottom and never came close to losing. Compare that to the Bucks who posted only a decent regular season and had multiple times where it looked like they were on the way out.

regular season seems like a tricky way of measuring these teams , if going by reg season 2018 warriors were a lot worse thsn 2015 for example

and going by regular season 2020 bucks should be their best version for this matchup

but we know in practice thst bucks are not a much worse team than their 1-4 loss to the best version of last year

and that it makes no sense to thinl they got so much worse defensively (2020 vs 2021 regular seasons) by upgrading bledsoe to jrue

warriors in 2015 were not exactly faving incredible and healthy competition either
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#22 » by migya » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:39 pm

sansterre wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:The Warriors had no injuries in 2016 besides Bogut when Lebron beat them.

Aside from Steph getting injured in the first round and being only at 80% thereafter.

Klay and Iguodala had minor injury issues I remember it was said as well.
coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Post#23 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 pm

migya wrote:
sansterre wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:The Warriors had no injuries in 2016 besides Bogut when Lebron beat them.

Aside from Steph getting injured in the first round and being only at 80% thereafter.

So did Kevin love as well.

The Warriors injures in 2016 don't even compare to what the Cavs had to deal with in 2015.

Had Curry had Klay and Draymond missing against a fully healthy Cavs team in 2016 then we could compare it.

And here is the truth had that happened then the Warriors would have gotten swept.

It says a lot to me that the Warriors were just one shot away from being down 3 0 to start off the 2015 finals against a depleted Cavs team who only had Lebron who was dealing with a back issue.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
sansterre
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,814

Post#24 » by sansterre » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:47 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
migya wrote:
sansterre wrote:Aside from Steph getting injured in the first round and being only at 80% thereafter.

So did Kevin love as well.

The Warriors injures in 2016 don't even compare to what the Cavs had to deal with in 2015.

Had Curry had Klay and Draymond missing against a fully healthy Cavs team in 2016 then we could compare it.

And here is the truth had that happened then the Warriors would have gotten swept.

It says a lot to me that the Warriors were just one shot away from being down 3 0 to start off the 2015 finals against a depleted Cavs team who only had Lebron who was dealing with a back issue.

You can be right in saying that the '16 Warriors had way less injury trouble than the '15 Cavs (because they did) and still be wrong about saying that they had "no injuries in 2016 besides Bogut".
"If you wish to see the truth, hold no opinions."

"Trust one who seeks the truth. Doubt one who claims to have found the truth."
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#25 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Giannis in this matchup is by far the best player in the series and he alone can counter the Warriors small-ball lineup as if the Warriors go small who the hell on that Warriors team is stopping Giannis from driving to the basket every single time and dropping 40 a game.
falcolombardi
General Manager

Post#26 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:48 pm

just comparing it to lebron. runs

2012 no bosh/injured bosh against boston

2013 wade being a Shadow of himself post injury

2015 kyrie and love being injured for the finals and por of the playoffs

2016 warriors injury problems are very mild for the most part but are brought up so much more

amd curry injured or not had similar issues of being slowed down in efficiency and scoring in 2015 too so is not like his 2016 performance was a outlier that makes us assume injured play limited him
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#27 » by homecourtloss » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:50 pm

migya wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:
feyki wrote:This worst playoffs ever since 99 making Bucks tooooo much overrated right now. This team beat only Durant in the game 7 with the overtime, this is just absurd comedy right now.

you realize warriors only beat lebron with a injured team?

their 2015 run was as favorably injured as 2021 was for bucks

And LeBron only beat the Warriors because they were injured.

Love’s 1.5 games missed doesn’t count? Interesting how Love is part of Cavs’ “Superteams,” but his concussion absence isn’t ever mentioned.

falcolombardi wrote:just comparing it to lebron. runs

2016 warriors injury problems are very mild for the most part but are brought up so much more

amd curry injured or not had similar issues of being slowed down in efficiency and scoring in 2015 too so is not like his 2016 performance was a outlier that makes us assume injured play limited him

People forget how few minutes Kyrie actually played in the playoffs in 2015.

In 2015: Love + Kyrie played 571 minutes
In ECF, Kyrie played 49 minutes over two games (Love 0 minutes with injury)

For comparison, Brooklyn this year:

In 2021: Harden + Kyrie played 647 minutes
In ECSF, Harden + Kyrie played 280 minutes (Kyrie 141 minutes, Harden 139)
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
falcolombardi
General Manager

Post#28 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
migya wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:
you realize warriors only beat lebron with a injured team?

their 2015 run was as favorably injured as 2021 was for bucks

And LeBron only beat the Warriors because they were injured.

Love’s 1.5 games missed doesn’t count? Interesting how Love is part of Cavs’ “Superteams,” but his concussion absence isn’t ever mentioned.

Kevin love with lebron is a schrodinger superstar

when it comes to downplaying lebron he is a superstar

when it comes to criticizing lebron style of play lebron limited him to a role player
sansterre
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,814

Post#29 » by sansterre » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:54 pm

falcolombardi wrote:
sansterre wrote:As far as how an actual matchup would go I'm not sure; questions like that always get weird.

But I will say that, if we're simply comparing each team to its year, the '15 Warriors are obviously way, way, way better. They absolutely wrecked their year top to bottom and never came close to losing. Compare that to the Bucks who posted only a decent regular season and had multiple times where it looked like they were on the way out.

regular season seems like a tricky way of measuring these teams , if going by reg season 2018 warriors were a lot worse thsn 2015 for example

and going by regular season 2020 bucks should be their best version for this matchup

but we know in practice thst bucks are not a much worse team than their 1-4 loss to the best version of last year

and that it makes no sense to thinl they got so much worse defensively (2020 vs 2021 regular seasons) by upgrading bledsoe to jrue

warriors in 2015 were not exactly faving incredible and healthy competition either

This feels like the 2014 Spurs argument again.

It seems like you're asserting that the '15 Warriors weren't that dominant because they beat everyone they played by too many points.

They won every playoff series in their conference by 8+ points per game. That is extremely impressive. Were they playing any contender-level teams? Probably not; a +4 and a +5 was as tough as they faced (those are solid matchups, but hardly contender-level). But decisively defeating teams above +4 OSRS is actually a pretty good indicator of dominance. It's not like they were sneaking by these strong teams, they were rolling right over them.

It's not like the Warriors were a +10 RSRS team and then limped through the playoffs. They dominated from pole to pole. Their only asterisk is that the Cavs weren't remotely healthy for the Finals. But all of our other data points suggest that the Warriors were a historically great team.
"If you wish to see the truth, hold no opinions."

"Trust one who seeks the truth. Doubt one who claims to have found the truth."
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#30 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:54 pm

falcolombardi wrote:just comparing it to lebron. runs

Thank you for explaining that as we know Curry had problems dealing with pressure in the 2015 and 2016 finals.

Kyrie lit his ass up in the 2016 finals when he actually had to play defence instead of guarding a terrible offensive player such as Delly.

But even then Delly despite being a terrible offensive player managed to drop over 20 points against him in game 3 of the 2015 finals.

coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#31 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Jrue and Middleton would love to force Curry into the pick and roll plus abuse him in the post as they did with CP3 in the finals this year.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#32 » by RCM88x » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Warriors, their better depth would kill the Bucks I think. Cavs had a 6 man rotation and were gassed by G5.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#33 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Here is how Jrue guarded Curry this season who is a far better player then his 2015 version

coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#34 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:07 pm

RCM88x wrote:Warriors, their better depth would kill the Bucks I think. Cavs had a 6 man rotation and were gassed by G5.

Nope, that wouldn't happen as Giannis would slow down the pace of the games to a halt as he would be living at the line throughout the series.

Giannis utterly destroyed Ayton and put him into foul trouble for most of the finals this year.

He would do the same with many of the Warrior players.

Plus the Bucks would be dominating the boards as they are a much physically dominant team than the Warriors were.
falcolombardi
General Manager

Post#35 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:37 pm

sansterre wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:

This feels like the 2014 Spurs argument again.

It seems like you're asserting that the '15 Warriors weren't that dominant because they beat everyone they played by too many points.

They won every playoff series in their conference by 8+ points per game. That is extremely impressive. Were they playing any contender-level teams? Probably not; a +4 and a +5 was as tough as they faced (those are solid matchups, but hardly contender-level). But decisively defeating teams above +4 OSRS is actually a pretty good indicator of dominance. It's not like they were sneaking by these strong teams, they were rolling right over them.

It's not like the Warriors were a +10 RSRS team and then limped through the playoffs. They dominated from pole to pole. Their only asterisk is that the Cavs weren't remotely healthy for the Finals. But all of our other data points suggest that the Warriors were a historically great team.

well to the "bucks looked out multiple times " i would disagree
they wrecked miami, and were 2-1 over hawks before giannis injury

if the deficit against suns counts as looking out so should warriors déficits against cavs and grizzlies (all 3 series beung 1-2 for the winning team before ending in 6)

bucks looked done exactly 1 time against nets which is 1 more than warriors but still not multiple times

i also dont put too much Weight on their weird covid compressed, shorter offseason and no fans in the stands regular season

that to me seems like the growing Pains of adapting to new thinghs, covid compressed schedule. etc

is hard for me to believe the 2020 bucks defense that miami shredded
is leagues better than the upgraded defensive personnel 2021and then dominated the playoffs in 2021

would anyone say bucks got worse when we saw the huge difference (defensively) in the playoffs?
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#36 » by parsnips33 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:27 pm

I like the Warriors. Giannis is not doing what he did to Deandre Ayton to Draymond. Bucks are really good, not a fluke or anything in my opinion. But I still think they'd struggle against Warriors elite defense, and I just trust Warriors offense more.

These 2 teams remind me a lot of each other
falcolombardi
General Manager

Post#37 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm

parsnips33 wrote:I like the Warriors. Giannis is not doing what he did to Deandre Ayton to Draymond. Bucks are really good, not a fluke or anything in my opinion. But I still think they'd struggle against Warriors elite defense, and I just trust Warriors offense more.

i have the opposite view, draymond is too small against giannis

giannis is even bigger and just as explosive that davis who always scores very well on draymond

green strenght is mainly versatility over the full court, quartrrbacking the defense and help defense

he can protect the rim but he is less of a rim deterent in a vacuum that ayton
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#38 » by parsnips33 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm

falcolombardi wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:I like the Warriors. Giannis is not doing what he did to Deandre Ayton to Draymond. Bucks are really good, not a fluke or anything in my opinion. But I still think they'd struggle against Warriors elite defense, and I just trust Warriors offense more.

i have the opposite view, draymond is too small against giannis

giannis is even bigger and just as explosive that davis who always scores very well on draymond

green strenght is mainly versatility over the full court, quartrrbacking the defense and help defense

he can protect the rim but he is less of a rim deterent in a vacuum that ayton

Draymond is leagues better as a defender in the post than Ayton. Granted there are other ways to get good looks for Giannis, but Warriors had great defenders all over the floor.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#39 » by RCM88x » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:26 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
RCM88x wrote:Warriors, their better depth would kill the Bucks I think. Cavs had a 6 man rotation and were gassed by G5.

Nope, that wouldn't happen as Giannis would slow down the pace of the games to a halt as he would be living at the line throughout the series.

Giannis utterly destroyed Ayton and put him into foul trouble for most of the finals this year.

Plus the Bucks would be dominating the boards as they are a much physically dominant team than the Warriors were.

Milwaukee played with the 2nd fastest pace in the league this season, and 5th fastest in the playoffs. Warriors we're 1st and 8th respectively in 2015.

Not exactly sure where you're coming up with this slow down the pace of the game thing from?

Draymon and Bogut are miles better defensive players than Ayton is lol.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
falcolombardi
General Manager

Post#40 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 pm

RCM88x wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Milwaukee played with the 2nd fastest pace in the league this season, and 5th fastest in the playoffs. Warriors we're 1st and 8th respectively in 2015.

Not exactly sure where you're coming up with this slow down the pace of the game thing from?

Draymon and Bogut are miles better defensive players than Ayton is lol.

note that nothingh increases a team pace more than offensive rebounds which bucks got a lot of, their actual half court pace is probably a bit lower, although you are still right there is not a big pace difference between both

about ayton vs bogut and draymond, yes, ayton is not as good as them

but he is a lot bigger than green and a lot more athletic than bogut and still was being overpowered by giannis and being unable to deal with his drives

1vs1 bogut would suffer in speed and green with strenght, the best way to stop giannis would be playing both together which limits warriors offense

Return to Player Comparisons