Who was the best player in 2007

Moderators: PaulieWal, Quotatious, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, penbeast0

Who was the best player in the 2006-07 Season

Dirk
6
12%
Nash
5
10%
Kobe
10
20%
Duncan
22
44%
LeBron
6
12%
McGrady
1
2%
 
Total votes: 50

70sFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,644
And1: 14,057
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#21 » by 70sFan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:06 pm

No-more-rings wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Duncan, quite clearly for me.

Question: Was Duncan "clearly" the best player in the league during the rest of the season, until the Spurs cheated the Suns and then went on to win a title they should not have won? If you say yes, then I just won't be able to take you seriously any longer... as you have said to me on a couple of occasions. ;)

2006-07 MVP Voting, points won out of 1,290:

1) Dirk - 1,138
2) Nash - 1,013
3) Kobe - 521
4) Duncan - 286
5) Lebron - 183

Duncan averaged 27/14 on 60 ts% against the Suns, if they would've lost not sure how It would've been his fault.

Maybe you haven't realized but most don't really care about mvp voting when assessing someone's impact. Even if Duncan was only the 3rd/4th best player in the regular season, he was clearly the best in the postseason. Apparently that means nothing though.

Remember - it's the same MVP voters who robbed Kobe from the MVP in 2003 :lol:
User avatar
Ryoga Hibiki
Head Coach
Posts: 6,770
And1: 2,410
Joined: Nov 14, 2001
Location: Warszawa now, but from Northern Italy

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#22 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Probably Nash

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#23 » by LAL1947 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:29 pm

70sFan wrote:Remember - it's the same MVP voters who robbed Kobe from the MVP in 2003 :lol:

Oh wait... the same MVP voters who "correctly" voted for Duncan in 2002-03... are now suddenly wrong about not even having Duncan in the conversation in 2006-07... while you have him as the "clear best player in the league"?

Two can play this game. :lol:

Anyone who is fair and was familiar with all of the context surrounding squad strengths, etc.... knows Kobe's competition for best player from 2005-06 onward was Dirk. Nash and D-Wade joined the mix for a little bit. Then Lebron just took over. Duncan fell out of this "best player" group in 2005-06... which is why he made the NBA finals in 2006-07 when the Spurs cheated/robbed the Suns... and never made it back again despite having great squads... until Kawhi joined the Spurs to rejuvenate that team.
70sFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,644
And1: 14,057
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#24 » by 70sFan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Remember - it's the same MVP voters who robbed Kobe from the MVP in 2003 :lol:

Oh wait... the same MVP voters who "correctly" voted for Duncan in 2002-03... are now suddenly wrong about not even having Duncan in the conversation in 2006-07... while you have him as the "clear best player in the league"?

Two can play this game. :lol:

Yeah, except that I don't rate players based on MVP votes and I've been vocal on this for many, many years.

Two can play this game, but not all actually are aware how to do that :wink:

Anyone who is fair and was familiar with all of the context surrounding squad strengths, etc.... knows Kobe's competition for best player from 2005-06 onward was Dirk. Nash and D-Wade joined the mix for a little bit. Then Lebron just took over. Duncan fell out of this "best player" group in 2005-06... which is why he made the NBA finals in 2006-07 when the Spurs cheated/robbed the Suns... and never made it back again despite having great squads... until Kawhi joined the Spurs to rejuvenate that team.

Anybody fair and familiar with all of the context knows that Duncan wasn't MVP candidate in 2006 because of injuries.
Blazers-1977
Veteran
Posts: 2,515
And1: 586
Joined: Aug 19, 2015
   

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#25 » by Blazers-1977 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Remember - it's the same MVP voters who robbed Kobe from the MVP in 2003 :lol:

Oh wait... the same MVP voters who "correctly" voted for Duncan in 2002-03... are now suddenly wrong about not even having Duncan in the conversation in 2006-07... while you have him as the "clear best player in the league"?

Two can play this game. :lol:

Anyone who is fair and was familiar with all of the context surrounding squad strengths, etc.... knows Kobe's competition for best player from 2005-06 onward was Dirk. Nash and D-Wade joined the mix for a little bit. Then Lebron just took over. Duncan fell out of this "best player" group in 2005-06... which is why he made the NBA finals in 2006-07 when the Spurs cheated/robbed the Suns... and never made it back again despite having great squads... until Kawhi joined the Spurs to rejuvenate that team.



I don’t think anyone is arguing here that Duncan was the best player in the regular season, they are just saying he is if you include his playoff run as well . If you want to bring up the fact that the Suns were robbed , would you say it’s also fair to say :

Shaq shouldn’t be in the conversation for the best player in 2002 cause the Kings were clearly and outright robbed in ways that make the 2007 Spurs/Suns series look not controversial at all . While I have Duncan> Shaq in 2002, Shaq is still clearly in the conversation because of how dominant his last two series were and that’s what puts him in the conversation for that year
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#26 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:14 am

70sFan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Duncan, quite clearly for me.

Question: Was Duncan "clearly" the best player in the league during the rest of the season, until the Spurs cheated the Suns and then went on to win a title they should not have won? If you say yes, then I just won't be able to take you seriously any longer...

Yes

I'd been wondering where all the Timmy-loving myths came from on this forum. Now I know. You are the source... and the biggest pusher of so many untruths, stretches of imagination, and mental gymnastics related to dear ole Timmy.

Tim Duncan was never in the conversation for best player in the league from 2005-06 onward. Most certainly not in 2006-07. The best players in the league from 2005-06 onward were Kobe, Dirk, Lebron... with Nash, D-Wade in the mix for a bit. Timmy slipped and fell into the group just below with Amare, KG, Pierce, Melo and others. Then once Lebron got going, it was really only Kobe and Dirk who could keep up. Not only that, but Tony Parker won the Finals MVP in 2006-07. Imagine that!! if Kobe had won a title with Pau winning Finals MVP... I shudder to think of how you'd use that against Kobe in your quest to prop your beloved Timmy dearest over him, lol.

In the Hakeem vs Duncan thread, you tried suggesting that Timmy had the same or better level of offense/defense... and that Timmy even had a better face-up game, lol. You've also tried suggesting that Magic was an equivalent "shooter" to Kobe. The icing on the cake has been your post in the "lowest ranking for Kobe" thread, where you try to suggest that "Magic's Lakers in 1988-1991 had a less talented supporting cast than any team Kobe had after Shaq left". I can't even imagine trying to compare a team with James Worthy, AC Green, Mychal Thompson, etc to Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc... never mind even reaching the conclusion that Magic had the less talented supporting cast, hahaha!

If you actually believe all these things, then it makes sense why you rate Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the Top 10 All-time list... lol... but unfortunately for you, all these things just aren't true. :lol:
User avatar
Eddy_JukeZ
RealGM
Posts: 17,653
And1: 15,076
Joined: Oct 05, 2013
         

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#27 » by Eddy_JukeZ » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:18 am

Duncan was. Him not winning the finals MVP clouds that for people I think.

I also think Wade was the best until his injury, but we can't just ignore that.
User avatar
KobesScarf
Veteran
Posts: 2,697
And1: 552
Joined: Jul 17, 2016
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#28 » by KobesScarf » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:14 am

Lebron(followed by Kobe & Dirk)

Duncan isnt even top 3
70sFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,644
And1: 14,057
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#29 » by 70sFan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 am

[
LAL1947 wrote:I'd been wondering where all the Timmy-loving myths came from on this forum. Now I know. You are the source... and the biggest pusher of so many untruths, stretches of imagination, and mental gymnastics related to dear ole Timmy.

I don't want to ruin your world, but Duncan was ranked clearly higher than Kobe on this board before I even created my account.


Tim Duncan was never in the conversation for best player in the league from 2005-06 onward. Most certainly not in 2006-07. The best players in the league from 2005-06 onward were Kobe, Dirk, Lebron... with Nash, D-Wade in the mix for a bit.

By what criteria? Duncan is ranked among very best in terms of impact metrics. Duncan is ranked among very best in terms of accolades. Duncan is ranked among very best in terms of RS and postseason success. What are your criteria? Popularity?


Timmy slipped and fell into the group just below with Amare, KG, Pierce, Melo and others.

Sure, comparing Duncan to Melo or Amar'e is far more proper statement. Stop embarassing yourself.

Not only that, but Tony Parker won the Finals MVP in 2006-07. Imagine that!! if Kobe had won a title with Pau winning Finals MVP... I shudder to think of how you'd use that against Kobe in your quest to prop your beloved Timmy dearest over him, lol.

Again, you fail to understand that there are people who don't rank players based on FMVPs or other random accolades. I have no problem with Parker winning the FMVP - he scored the most points and that's the apex of analysis among FMVP voters. I also wouldn't have anything against Pau winning the FMVP in 2010, because he had excellent series. It doesn't matter, Duncan was the leader of 2007 Spurs and Kobe was the leader of 2010 Lakers.

Again, you use your criteria on me. I'd never have any problems with admitting that Kobe was clearly superior than Pau even if Gasol would have won the FMVP.

In the Hakeem vs Duncan thread, you tried suggesting that Timmy had the same or better level of offense/defense... and that Timmy even had a better face-up game, lol.

The sheer fact that you find this opinion funny tells me that you only watch Hakeem highlights. Olajuwon had good, but limited face-up game. I know that, because I just finished wacthing 35 Hakeem games from 1993 and 1994, all while tracking his shooting data, defensive tendencies and decision making.

You've also tried suggesting that Magic was an equivalent "shooter" to Kobe.

It's certainly close. Kobe was much better at creating midrange shots, but Magic was more efficient. Of course, the toughness of shots taken should be counted but it's not as straightforward as some believe.

The icing on the cake has been your post in the "lowest ranking for Kobe" thread, where you try to suggest that "Magic's Lakers in 1988-1991 had a less talented supporting cast than any team Kobe had after Shaq left". I can't even imagine trying to compare a team with James Worthy, AC Green, Mychal Thompson, etc to Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc... never mind even reaching the conclusion that Magic had the less talented supporting cast, hahaha!

I never said that, you just all made it up. I said that Kobe played with arguably more talented teams in 2008-10 than Magic in 1988-91, but never anchored as good offenses as Magic.
LukaTheGOAT
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 508
Joined: Dec 25, 2019
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#30 » by LukaTheGOAT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:42 am

For the people saying Duncan doesn't have an argument, I wonder if you are realling underrating his defensive impact. He is arguably at his offensive peak this year with the exception of 02 and 03 and maybe a tier down from his peak defense in 03 and 03, but he overall was phenomenal.
Dutchball97
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 28, 2020
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#31 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:47 am

LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Question: Was Duncan "clearly" the best player in the league during the rest of the season, until the Spurs cheated the Suns and then went on to win a title they should not have won? If you say yes, then I just won't be able to take you seriously any longer...

Yes

I'd been wondering where all the Timmy-loving myths came from on this forum. Now I know. You are the source... and the biggest pusher of so many untruths, stretches of imagination, and mental gymnastics related to dear ole Timmy.

Tim Duncan was never in the conversation for best player in the league from 2005-06 onward. Most certainly not in 2006-07. The best players in the league from 2005-06 onward were Kobe, Dirk, Lebron... with Nash, D-Wade in the mix for a bit. Timmy slipped and fell into the group just below with Amare, KG, Pierce, Melo and others. Then once Lebron got going, it was really only Kobe and Dirk who could keep up. Not only that, but Tony Parker won the Finals MVP in 2006-07. Imagine that!! if Kobe had won a title with Pau winning Finals MVP... I shudder to think of how you'd use that against Kobe in your quest to prop your beloved Timmy dearest over him, lol.

In the Hakeem vs Duncan thread, you tried suggesting that Timmy had the same or better level of offense/defense... and that Timmy even had a better face-up game, lol. You've also tried suggesting that Magic was an equivalent "shooter" to Kobe. The icing on the cake has been your post in the "lowest ranking for Kobe" thread, where you try to suggest that "Magic's Lakers in 1988-1991 had a less talented supporting cast than any team Kobe had after Shaq left". I can't even imagine trying to compare a team with James Worthy, AC Green, Mychal Thompson, etc to Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc... never mind even reaching the conclusion that Magic had the less talented supporting cast, hahaha!

If you actually believe all these things, then it makes sense why you rate Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the Top 10 All-time list... lol... but unfortunately for you, all these things just aren't true. :lol:


You really think the only reason anyone has Tim Duncan in their top 10 because 70sfan is personally leading a propaganda campaign to get him in over Kobe? Must've missed the top 100 project where Tim Duncan got voted in as the 5th best player of all-time with 15 out of 27 of the votes. Out of of those 12 voters that didn't vote for Duncan all of them would've still had him somewhere between 6-10 anyway. Kobe missed the top 10 altogether and are you really going to try to argue that Kobe only getting 1 out of 23 votes for the #10 spot is all because of some conspiracy and myth creation factory by 70sfan?

And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
Dutchball97
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 28, 2020
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#32 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 am

Anyway as to the thread question, yes it is once again Duncan imo. Dirk had the best regular season but lost in the first round while definitely playing a significant role in that himself. Wade was arguably on pace to have the best season but got injured. KG had an off year and didn't even make the play-offs. Kobe and T-Mac definitely had outside arguments and could've made a push with a strong post-season run but both also didn't make it past the first round.

In the end it comes down to Duncan vs LeBron vs Nash. I'm personally not nearly as impressed with Nash as the majority of people on this forum. His offensive creation was amazing but he was a major defensive liability and he often wasn't aggressive enough in terms of scoring when his team needed him to. LeBron had a slightly better regular season than Duncan but he made his way through a very underwhelming east before getting absolutely exposed in the finals. If LeBron had held up better in the finals I'd definitely give him the benefit of the doubt over Duncan but we only have our own reality to judge and not all these hypotheticals like what if Kobe already had Gasol and made it deeper into the play-offs, what if Dirk didn't choke in the first round, what if Wade didn't get injured etc.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#33 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:01 am

Dutchball97 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Yes

I'd been wondering where all the Timmy-loving myths came from on this forum. Now I know. You are the source... and the biggest pusher of so many untruths, stretches of imagination, and mental gymnastics related to dear ole Timmy.

Tim Duncan was never in the conversation for best player in the league from 2005-06 onward. Most certainly not in 2006-07. The best players in the league from 2005-06 onward were Kobe, Dirk, Lebron... with Nash, D-Wade in the mix for a bit. Timmy slipped and fell into the group just below with Amare, KG, Pierce, Melo and others. Then once Lebron got going, it was really only Kobe and Dirk who could keep up. Not only that, but Tony Parker won the Finals MVP in 2006-07. Imagine that!! if Kobe had won a title with Pau winning Finals MVP... I shudder to think of how you'd use that against Kobe in your quest to prop your beloved Timmy dearest over him, lol.

In the Hakeem vs Duncan thread, you tried suggesting that Timmy had the same or better level of offense/defense... and that Timmy even had a better face-up game, lol. You've also tried suggesting that Magic was an equivalent "shooter" to Kobe. The icing on the cake has been your post in the "lowest ranking for Kobe" thread, where you try to suggest that "Magic's Lakers in 1988-1991 had a less talented supporting cast than any team Kobe had after Shaq left". I can't even imagine trying to compare a team with James Worthy, AC Green, Mychal Thompson, etc to Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc... never mind even reaching the conclusion that Magic had the less talented supporting cast, hahaha!

If you actually believe all these things, then it makes sense why you rate Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the Top 10 All-time list... lol... but unfortunately for you, all these things just aren't true. :lol:


You really think the only reason anyone has Tim Duncan in their top 10 because 70sfan is personally leading a propaganda campaign to get him in over Kobe? Must've missed the top 100 project where Tim Duncan got voted in as the 5th best player of all-time with 15 out of 27 of the votes. Out of of those 12 voters that didn't vote for Duncan all of them would've still had him somewhere between 6-10 anyway. Kobe missed the top 10 altogether and are you really going to try to argue that Kobe only getting 1 out of 23 votes for the #10 spot is all because of some conspiracy and myth creation factory by 70sfan?

And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

I think you're an ignorant and pompous fool, to be honest. I see you telling a lot of people that they are ignorant and shouldn't be posting on these board... while you have such a substandard diction and your comprehension of the English language is more suited to Twitter and Tiktok memes. I'm not in the least bit worried about you taking me seriously as I have a very low impression of you personally. I'm only responding to you because you keep buzzing around my posts like an annoying gnat.

I hope you at least have the semi-intelligence to recognize that I while previously chose to ignore some of the barbs you've sent my way before (when you told me to get off these boards)... I will bite back good if you continue to be a pompous ass.
Dutchball97
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 28, 2020
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#34 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 am

LAL1947 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:I'd been wondering where all the Timmy-loving myths came from on this forum. Now I know. You are the source... and the biggest pusher of so many untruths, stretches of imagination, and mental gymnastics related to dear ole Timmy.

Tim Duncan was never in the conversation for best player in the league from 2005-06 onward. Most certainly not in 2006-07. The best players in the league from 2005-06 onward were Kobe, Dirk, Lebron... with Nash, D-Wade in the mix for a bit. Timmy slipped and fell into the group just below with Amare, KG, Pierce, Melo and others. Then once Lebron got going, it was really only Kobe and Dirk who could keep up. Not only that, but Tony Parker won the Finals MVP in 2006-07. Imagine that!! if Kobe had won a title with Pau winning Finals MVP... I shudder to think of how you'd use that against Kobe in your quest to prop your beloved Timmy dearest over him, lol.

In the Hakeem vs Duncan thread, you tried suggesting that Timmy had the same or better level of offense/defense... and that Timmy even had a better face-up game, lol. You've also tried suggesting that Magic was an equivalent "shooter" to Kobe. The icing on the cake has been your post in the "lowest ranking for Kobe" thread, where you try to suggest that "Magic's Lakers in 1988-1991 had a less talented supporting cast than any team Kobe had after Shaq left". I can't even imagine trying to compare a team with James Worthy, AC Green, Mychal Thompson, etc to Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc... never mind even reaching the conclusion that Magic had the less talented supporting cast, hahaha!

If you actually believe all these things, then it makes sense why you rate Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the Top 10 All-time list... lol... but unfortunately for you, all these things just aren't true. :lol:


You really think the only reason anyone has Tim Duncan in their top 10 because 70sfan is personally leading a propaganda campaign to get him in over Kobe? Must've missed the top 100 project where Tim Duncan got voted in as the 5th best player of all-time with 15 out of 27 of the votes. Out of of those 12 voters that didn't vote for Duncan all of them would've still had him somewhere between 6-10 anyway. Kobe missed the top 10 altogether and are you really going to try to argue that Kobe only getting 1 out of 23 votes for the #10 spot is all because of some conspiracy and myth creation factory by 70sfan?

And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

I think you're an ignorant and pompous fool, to be honest. I see you telling a lot of people that they are ignorant and shouldn't be posting on these board... while you have such a substandard diction and your comprehension of the English language is more suited to Twitter and Tiktok memes. I'm not in the least bit worried about you taking me seriously as I have a very low impression of you personally. I'm only responding to you because you keep buzzing around my posts like an annoying gnat.


And there we go. No answer of any subtance, just xenophobic ramblings and temper tantrums because you can't convince people here of your extremely biased views. I'm only telling you to stop posting here for your own sanity. You're clearly losing the plot and you'd be much more at ease with the casuals on twitter and instagram anyway.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#35 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:25 am

Dutchball97 wrote:And there we go. No answer of any subtance, just xenophobic ramblings and temper tantrums because you can't convince people here of your extremely biased views. I'm only telling you to stop posting here for your own sanity. You're clearly losing the plot and you'd be much more at ease with the casuals on twitter and instagram anyway.

If you made a post of substance, then I could provide you with a response of substance... but you have no substance. What you have in spades is the pompousness to insult people, tell them to get off the boards and post on Twitter/Instagram or elsewhere because they are not good enough to post here... implying that you are some sort of bastion or gatekeeper of basketball knowledge. Expecting me to provide you with top notch commentary in response, instead of being ticked off at what you said, probably harbors on the delusional. By the way, you really should look up the meaning of the word "xenophobia" so you can at least to attempt to use it correctly.
Dutchball97
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 28, 2020
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#36 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:50 am

LAL1947 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:I think you're an ignorant and pompous fool, to be honest. I see you telling a lot of people that they are ignorant and shouldn't be posting on these board... while you have such a substandard diction and your comprehension of the English language is more suited to Twitter and Tiktok memes. I'm not in the least bit worried about you taking me seriously as I have a very low impression of you personally. I'm only responding to you because you keep buzzing around my posts like an annoying gnat.


And there we go. No answer of any subtance, just xenophobic ramblings and temper tantrums because you can't convince people here of your extremely biased views. I'm only telling you to stop posting here for your own sanity. You're clearly losing the plot and you'd be much more at ease with the casuals on twitter and instagram anyway.

If you made a post of substance, then I could provide you with a response of substance... but you have no substance. What you have in spades is the pompousness to insult people, tell them to get off the boards and post on Twitter/Instagram or elsewhere because they are not good enough to post here... implying that you are some sort of bastion or gatekeeper of basketball knowledge. Expecting me to provide you with top notch commentary in response, probably harbors on the delusional. By the way, you really should look up the meaning of the "xenophobia" so you can at least to attempt to use it correctly.


Okay I'm going to make it super clear. No insults, no name calling, no acting better than the other. In the top 100 project on the PC board Tim Duncan was voted 5th all-time and Kobe received a grand total of 1 vote for a spot inside the top 10. By saying that having Duncan over Kobe on the all-time list is an unreasonable take that can only be fuelled by misinformation and/or bias, you're calling every single longterm contributor on this board unreasonable and not worth listening to when it comes to basketball. I'm aware that simply calling upon the majority proves just about nothing but saying that every single one of these people is not only wrong but even untrustworthy is something which I do not consider a constructive mindset and is something which will only lead to more unnecessarily heated discussions between you and various posters on this board. We're at a point where things have gotten so heated the only sensible thing both of us can do is call it a day. I've seen you've quoted me in the lowest reasonable ranking thread as well but I'm going to leave that as is regardless of what you might've said there in the hopes this doesn't devolve into something uglier than it already has.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#37 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:Okay I'm going to make it super clear. No insults, no name calling, no acting better than the other.

You started that crap, not me, when you said, "And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad"... as well as when you told me to stop posting on these boards since my views are more suited to Twitter/Instagram.

When someone insults another first, it is typically customary to issue an apology... rather than continue to act as if one were superior and issue orders.
Dutchball97
Veteran
Posts: 2,913
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 28, 2020
 

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#38 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:35 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:Okay I'm going to make it super clear. No insults, no name calling, no acting better than the other.

You started that crap, not me, when you said, "And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad"... as well as when you told me to stop posting on these boards since my views are more suited to Twitter/Instagram.

When someone insults another first, it is typically customary to issue an apology... rather than continue to act as if one were superior and issue orders.


I'm not going to apologize to you as I feel like you were just as out of line as I was, if not more. I'll ignore you from now on so best of luck with your future endeavors. Feel free to reply if you want to have the last word but I won't give any further responses myself.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 834
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#39 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:Okay I'm going to make it super clear. No insults, no name calling, no acting better than the other.

You started that crap, not me, when you said, "And then you wonder why nobody is taking you seriously. You're so confident in your ignorance it'd almost be hilarious if it wasn't so sad"... as well as when you told me to stop posting on these boards since my views are more suited to Twitter/Instagram.

When someone insults another first, it is typically customary to issue an apology... rather than continue to act as if one were superior and issue orders.


I'm not going to apologize to you as I feel like you were just as out of line as I was, if not more. I'll ignore you from now on so best of luck with your future endeavors. Feel free to reply if you want to have the last word but I won't give any further responses myself.

Good riddance.
User avatar
OdomFan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,874
And1: 5,246
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: Who was the best player in 2007 

Post#40 » by OdomFan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:23 pm

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. KG
5. Dirk
6. Lebron
7. Wade
8. Yao
9. McGrady
10. Arenas
Image

Return to Player Comparisons