Re: Chris Paul 21-22 Thread 

Post#401 » by dygaction » Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:For the series vs Mavs CP3
AST 5.7
TOV 3.1

Bridges
3pt FG% 27.8
Overall FG% 40

Guarding Luka is a full time job. The energy you can spend on offense would be like driving a Uber after work.

Bojan Bogdanović was averaging 25p @ 60/41/92 the first three Utah/Mavs games. When Luka came back and he was tasked to guard Luka, he averaged 11p @ 32/25/64. Bridges was going through the same.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,248

Post#402 » by TroubleS0me » Tue May 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:Kidd took away Cp3 strength, his passing

Disagree on two fronts:

1. Paul's strength is not passing but turnover reduction and opponent error generation.

2. And while Paul's assists were low, that's not where the Mavs hit Paul hardest from game 3 on.

Paul Game 1 & 2: APG - 5.5, TOPG - 2.0, FTPG - 4.0
Paul Game 3 - 7: APG - 5.8, TOPG - 3.6, FTPG - 0.8

Notice that while Paul's assists were down the whole series, that didn't stop the team from having insane ORtg's in the first couple games. But once Paul started being forced into more mistakes, that seemed to disrupt the whole scheme.

There's always more to the story than what these stats can say, but at least for this series I'd say that the problem with Paul as a game-manager floor general is that he stopped being able to manage the game.

Yes that's is what I was trying to get at. Should have expanded on that more but yes you are right.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#403 » by TroubleS0me » Tue May 17, 2022 4:58 pm

dygaction wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:For the series vs Mavs CP3
AST 5.7
TOV 3.1

Bridges
3pt FG% 27.8
Overall FG% 40

Guarding Luka is a full time job. The energy you can spend on offense would be like driving a Uber after work.

Bojan Bogdanović was averaging 25p @ 60/41/92 the first three Utah/Mavs games. When Luka came back and he was tasked to guard Luka, he averaged 11p @ 32/25/64. Bridges was going through the same.

hmm but Bridges is only a 3-D player, not asked to do much on offense
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#404 » by TroubleS0me » Wed May 18, 2022 1:32 am

Read on Twitter
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#405 » by DirtyDez » Wed May 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Chris was the best player on the court in the 2nd half of game 2 and the worst player on the court in the first half of game 3. Still can’t get over that.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#406 » by MartinToVaught » Wed May 18, 2022 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#407 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed May 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:Kidd took away Cp3 strength, his passing

Disagree on two fronts:

1. Paul's strength is not passing but turnover reduction and opponent error generation.

2. And while Paul's assists were low, that's not where the Mavs hit Paul hardest from game 3 on.

Paul Game 1 & 2: APG - 5.5, TOPG - 2.0, FTPG - 4.0
Paul Game 3 - 7: APG - 5.8, TOPG - 3.6, FTPG - 0.8

Notice that while Paul's assists were down the whole series, that didn't stop the team from having insane ORtg's in the first couple games. But once Paul started being forced into more mistakes, that seemed to disrupt the whole scheme.

There's always more to the story than what these stats can say, but at least for this series I'd say that the problem with Paul as a game-manager floor general is that he stopped being able to manage the game.

The mavs basically shutting down the mavs p and r game the way they did through being unpredictable is honestly really interesting in evaluating players who are more “game managers” like cp3

As good as cp3 is, he’s not like curry where you pretty much HAVE to blitz, so if you start switching it up like this as smart as he is he cant tell the future

Do averages 10.2 points per game on P and R BH plays on 1.15ppp throughout the playoffs, while he averaged less than 10.2 points a game from game 3 and onwards in general
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#408 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 19, 2022 3:53 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

very interesting
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#409 » by Ballerhogger » Thu May 19, 2022 4:09 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

15m is guranteed next season... I wonder if he would consider trading money for legacy.. A team like clippers ironically enough could use him in spots. He has one year left to win a ring.
ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,340

Post#410 » by ShotCreator » Sun May 22, 2022 9:08 pm

GSP wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:Just in a defensive rhythm.

Thybulle is my point of attack GOAT, but just look at this:

Read on Twitter

7 steals, 1 block, and this. I’ve never seen him with hands this good. Even in LAC, he was using his speed to make pick sixes. This is just flat out taking the basketball on literally the first dribble of the first dribble move, at will.

It’s about as insane as Curry running around catching and draining 3’s from every angle. It’s cheat code ish.

This was a 10+ deflections game. Absolutely insane.

ShotCreator wrote:Two things. Passing way more aggressively than any year I can remember. And he’s back to ball hawking on defense. His speed on breaking on the ball and his effort at the point of attack is far higher than last year.

I think having just .7 steals per game in the finals made him refocus on this. Shows how much in game ability is learned. It can be unlearned like his past two years.

Much better player than the past two years because of all this. I don’t think he was anything special in OKC or last year. I actually prefer in “bad year” in Houston because he could still play good defense then.

He’s barely not a top 10 kind of player so far IMO.

Read on Twitter

Where was Cp2-0s ball hawking defense in playoffs? He was a good defensive Pg by 9 all defense teams is a TRAVESTY :noway: :noway:

Do you realize you’re not gonna ruin any enjoyment I have of watching this old version of Chris Paul at any point? Or ruin my enjoyment of reaching bad takes at times. Or anybody else’s.

Stop trying so hard. You’re not even good at what you’re doing. And this really isn’t the forum for you to get the attention you want.

If you actually ever for a moment made an honest attempt at having a point in what you say other than to rile me up(and this is not that, this is a disappointing acknowledgment), I might actually fall for what you’re trying to do.

But anyone here can see right through you. Just some tips when you wanna elevate in your attempt to gain these imaginary wins and losses on this forum.
Swinging for the fences.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#411 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon May 23, 2022 1:07 am

ShotCreator wrote:
GSP wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:Just in a defensive rhythm.

Thybulle is my point of attack GOAT, but just look at this:

Read on Twitter

7 steals, 1 block, and this. I’ve never seen him with hands this good. Even in LAC, he was using his speed to make pick sixes. This is just flat out taking the basketball on literally the first dribble of the first dribble move, at will.

It’s about as insane as Curry running around catching and draining 3’s from every angle. It’s cheat code ish.

This was a 10+ deflections game. Absolutely insane.

ShotCreator wrote:Two things. Passing way more aggressively than any year I can remember. And he’s back to ball hawking on defense. His speed on breaking on the ball and his effort at the point of attack is far higher than last year.

I think having just .7 steals per game in the finals made him refocus on this. Shows how much in game ability is learned. It can be unlearned like his past two years.

Much better player than the past two years because of all this. I don’t think he was anything special in OKC or last year. I actually prefer in “bad year” in Houston because he could still play good defense then.

He’s barely not a top 10 kind of player so far IMO.

Read on Twitter

Where was Cp2-0s ball hawking defense in playoffs? He was a good defensive Pg by 9 all defense teams is a TRAVESTY :noway: :noway:

Do you realize you’re not gonna ruin any enjoyment I have of watching this old version of Chris Paul at any point? Or ruin my enjoyment of reaching bad takes at times. Or anybody else’s.

Stop trying so hard. You’re not even good at what you’re doing. And this really isn’t the forum for you to get the attention you want.

If you actually ever for a moment made an honest attempt at having a point in what you say other than to rile me up(and this is not that, this is a disappointing acknowledgment), I might actually fall for what you’re trying to do.

But anyone here can see right through you. Just some tips when you wanna elevate in your attempt to gain these imaginary wins and losses on this forum.

Bruh relax lol

“I see right through you buddy and everyone does ur embarrassing My massive brain knows your type and I will not dignify you with a response because I am not triggered also I’m not mad btw at all I’m just acknowledging what you’re saying, oh and btw ur a troll you don’t belong here”

all he said was his defense was overhyped lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,103
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#412 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 23, 2022 9:53 am

Come home CP. It's time.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Player Comparisons