The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: Clyde Frazier, Doctor MJ, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0

52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1301 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 am

Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.
Greyhound
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,288
And1: 2,366
Joined: Jul 15, 2002
Location: Earth

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1302 » by Greyhound » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:27 am

52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Curious…

Do you bake, fry or eat your Leturkey raw?
Don't believe the hype...
52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1303 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 am

Greyhound wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Curious…

Do you bake, fry or eat your Leturkey raw?


Not a big fan of turkey to be honest. Though I think I know how you like to eat them leturkey's lol.
thebigbird
Head Coach
Posts: 6,301
And1: 17,259
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1304 » by thebigbird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 am

52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Hopefully his tummy doesn’t get too full tomorrow and he’s able to play Friday.
52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1305 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 am

thebigbird wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Hopefully his tummy doesn’t get too full tomorrow and he’s able to play Friday.


I hope so too. We all know lebron can't even make the playoffs without AD.
Greyhound
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,288
And1: 2,366
Joined: Jul 15, 2002
Location: Earth

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1306 » by Greyhound » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

52-12-7 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Curious…

Do you bake, fry or eat your Leturkey raw?


Not a big fan of turkey to be honest. Though I think I know how you like to eat them leturkey's lol.

So LeLeg of Lamb or LeHam then?
Don't believe the hype...
52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1307 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 am

Greyhound wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:Curious…

Do you bake, fry or eat your Leturkey raw?


Not a big fan of turkey to be honest. Though I think I know how you like to eat them leturkey's lol.

So LeLeg of Lamb or LeHam then?


I don't get it. Are you trying to be funny?
thebigbird
Head Coach
Posts: 6,301
And1: 17,259
Joined: Jul 11, 2018
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1308 » by thebigbird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am

52-12-7 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:Ridiculous how lehomers are calling out AD for missing a game with fever. Maybe you guys should call out lebron for missing a game by getting suspended like an idiot and they actually lost because of it? Man, I wonder what kind of names they would call out AD had AD been the one acting like an idiot and getting suspended lol.

Hopefully his tummy doesn’t get too full tomorrow and he’s able to play Friday.


I hope so too. We all know lebron can't even make the playoffs without AD.

Very true, LeBron never made the playoffs before playing with AD.
52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1309 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:58 am

thebigbird wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Hopefully his tummy doesn’t get too full tomorrow and he’s able to play Friday.


I hope so too. We all know lebron can't even make the playoffs without AD.

Very true, LeBron never made the playoffs before playing with AD.


Good. Now you know.
AmIWrongDude
Junior
Posts: 309
And1: 326
Joined: Feb 05, 2021

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1310 » by AmIWrongDude » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 am

52-12-7 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
I hope so too. We all know lebron can't even make the playoffs without AD.

Very true, LeBron never made the playoffs before playing with AD.


Good. Now you know.


I barely post and I know internet numbers are meaningless but im not gonna lie idk if I've ever seen a worse post to and 1 ratio than you have. Thats actually pretty impressive lol.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,462
And1: 3,254
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1311 » by nzahir » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am

Thoughts:

Lebron was on fire at the end and was giving great effort

Worried a bit about his finishing and his lift, but he is also just coming back.

I wish the injury doesn't linger, but is it really possible to play yourself out of any injury w/o fully healing? I don't think so, which worries me

Russ was not great tonight and he had some really bad stretches

I have no clue what has happened to THT this week, I saw his finger get jammed again a few games back, so I hope that he isn't hurt again. But the THT fit is not very good with Russ and Bron, but not sure what to do with him.

I don't think we want to trade away one of our guys with legit potential for a role guy considering we may move Russ by the summer time

We need more size and length, need to trade for at least one guy 6'6-6'8 in the next 1-2 months

Monk, Avery, Wayne, Russ and THT are all pretty short or small

I think we may have found something with Russ and Lebron at the 5, but it would require a guy like Ariza and Reaves in there

Russ, Reaves, Melo? Ariza, Bron
52-12-7
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 47
Joined: Nov 29, 2007

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1312 » by 52-12-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Very true, LeBron never made the playoffs before playing with AD.


Good. Now you know.


I barely post and I know internet numbers are meaningless but im not gonna lie idk if I've ever seen a worse post to and 1 ratio than you have. Thats actually pretty impressive lol.


If you didn't know, rookie, and-1 counter was not even a feature until several years ago and most of my posts are way before that. But keep priding yourself with your post to and1 ratio. It must be a significant achievement in your life.
User avatar
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,199
And1: 15,082
Joined: Aug 28, 2013

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1313 » by PaulieWal » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:47 am

Enough of this bickering. Next poster to post anything non-basketball related will get a 12 hour ban. If you see someone else baiting, trolling, report their post.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
donnieme
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,557
And1: 6,309
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1314 » by donnieme » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 am

voices around the league getting carried away with Lebron's center minutes. It's not a sustainable solution, it's a situational crutch. He isn't going to protect the middle for extended stretches. Same with AD. It's actually a big enough issue that it's having to come to this.

This is where roster balance comes in. What's the benefit of bringing all that offensive help just to have them burn more energy on the other end. Even AD sometimes looks drained at the 5. 5 is a killer position having to box out a bigger body every other possession.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,462
And1: 3,254
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1315 » by nzahir » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 am

donnieme wrote:voices around the league getting carried away with Lebron's center minutes. It's not a sustainable solution, it's a situational crutch. He isn't going to protect the middle for extended stretches. Same with AD. It's actually a big enough issue that it's having to come to this.

This is where roster balance comes in. What's the benefit of bringing all that offensive help just to have them burn more energy on the other end. Even AD sometimes looks drained at the 5.

Yes it should be for 1 shift a game tbh

We can use a 5 who can do 2 of these 3 things:
Be more mobile than DJ or Dwight
Decent IQ (be in the right places)
Hit the 3 a little bit

Who are some options?

I have brought up Boucher, but I am not sure if 4 2nds and expirings is enough. He fits the bill

Meyers Leonard can only hit the 3, not sure if he really fits the bill for 1 or 2

Olnyk is nice, but contracts are too tough w/o moving THT. He is also hurt and not really a great defender either, but seems ok on positioning.

Theis fits the bill, but I am not moving Nunn for him. Only expirings and 1-2 2nds. Should be enough considering he has 2.5 years left for 9m a year, so he is overpaid

Bamba? Meh

Boogie can only hit the 3, doesn't check off 2 of the boxes
donnieme
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,557
And1: 6,309
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1316 » by donnieme » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:21 am

nzahir wrote:
donnieme wrote:voices around the league getting carried away with Lebron's center minutes. It's not a sustainable solution, it's a situational crutch. He isn't going to protect the middle for extended stretches. Same with AD. It's actually a big enough issue that it's having to come to this.

This is where roster balance comes in. What's the benefit of bringing all that offensive help just to have them burn more energy on the other end. Even AD sometimes looks drained at the 5.

Yes it should be for 1 shift a game tbh

We can use a 5 who can do 2 of these 3 things:
Be more mobile than DJ or Dwight
Decent IQ (be in the right places)
Hit the 3 a little bit

Who are some options?

I have brought up Boucher, but I am not sure if 4 2nds and expirings is enough. He fits the bill

Meyers Leonard can only hit the 3, not sure if he really fits the bill for 1 or 2

Olnyk is nice, but contracts are too tough w/o moving THT. He is also hurt and not really a great defender either, but seems ok on positioning.

Theis fits the bill, but I am not moving Nunn for him. Only expirings and 1-2 2nds. Should be enough considering he has 2.5 years left for 9m a year, so he is overpaid

Bamba? Meh

Boogie can only hit the 3, doesn't check off 2 of the boxes

is theis available? Haven't watched him in a year but he was very Caruso-like except at the 5. If he hasn't fallen off there aren't more than 1 or 2 roleplayers on your roster that won't be worth losing for him...is what I would have said if you didn't already have Westbrook causing spacing conundrums. No you don't need another non-minimum center that can't play with Westbrook. Only a PJ tucker or prime Roco type will do. Not the most practical situation to be in.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,462
And1: 3,254
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1317 » by nzahir » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 am

donnieme wrote:
nzahir wrote:
donnieme wrote:voices around the league getting carried away with Lebron's center minutes. It's not a sustainable solution, it's a situational crutch. He isn't going to protect the middle for extended stretches. Same with AD. It's actually a big enough issue that it's having to come to this.

This is where roster balance comes in. What's the benefit of bringing all that offensive help just to have them burn more energy on the other end. Even AD sometimes looks drained at the 5.

Yes it should be for 1 shift a game tbh

We can use a 5 who can do 2 of these 3 things:
Be more mobile than DJ or Dwight
Decent IQ (be in the right places)
Hit the 3 a little bit

Who are some options?

I have brought up Boucher, but I am not sure if 4 2nds and expirings is enough. He fits the bill

Meyers Leonard can only hit the 3, not sure if he really fits the bill for 1 or 2

Olnyk is nice, but contracts are too tough w/o moving THT. He is also hurt and not really a great defender either, but seems ok on positioning.

Theis fits the bill, but I am not moving Nunn for him. Only expirings and 1-2 2nds. Should be enough considering he has 2.5 years left for 9m a year, so he is overpaid

Bamba? Meh

Boogie can only hit the 3, doesn't check off 2 of the boxes

is theis available? Haven't watched him in a year but he was very Caruso-like except at the 5. If he hasn't fallen off there aren't more than 1 or 2 roleplayers on your roster that won't be worth losing for him...is what I would have said if you didn't already have Westbrook causing spacing conundrums. No you don't need another non-minimum center that can't play with Westbrook

Def not moving THT or Nunn for him lol

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays more than 20 minutes: 0-13

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays less than 20 minutes: 2-1

He is not an ideal fit with this roster, but I really feel like we need some defense

Russ, Baze/Reaves/upgrade?, Bron, AD, Theis

He can shoot a bit

I prefer Boucher, who has started off slow and his min have been slashed

But I also want more names I am not thinking of
donnieme
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,557
And1: 6,309
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1318 » by donnieme » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:33 am

nzahir wrote:
donnieme wrote:
nzahir wrote:Yes it should be for 1 shift a game tbh

We can use a 5 who can do 2 of these 3 things:
Be more mobile than DJ or Dwight
Decent IQ (be in the right places)
Hit the 3 a little bit

Who are some options?

I have brought up Boucher, but I am not sure if 4 2nds and expirings is enough. He fits the bill

Meyers Leonard can only hit the 3, not sure if he really fits the bill for 1 or 2

Olnyk is nice, but contracts are too tough w/o moving THT. He is also hurt and not really a great defender either, but seems ok on positioning.

Theis fits the bill, but I am not moving Nunn for him. Only expirings and 1-2 2nds. Should be enough considering he has 2.5 years left for 9m a year, so he is overpaid

Bamba? Meh

Boogie can only hit the 3, doesn't check off 2 of the boxes

is theis available? Haven't watched him in a year but he was very Caruso-like except at the 5. If he hasn't fallen off there aren't more than 1 or 2 roleplayers on your roster that won't be worth losing for him...is what I would have said if you didn't already have Westbrook causing spacing conundrums. No you don't need another non-minimum center that can't play with Westbrook

Def not moving THT or Nunn for him lol

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays more than 20 minutes: 0-13

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays less than 20 minutes: 2-1

He is not an ideal fit with this roster, but I really feel like we need some defense

Russ, Baze/Reaves/upgrade?, Bron, AD, Theis

He can shoot a bit

I prefer Boucher, who has started off slow and his min have been slashed

But I also want more names I am not thinking of

There's no actual solution on the market to this particular problem. AD and Lebron had no clue how big an undertaking it was to play 4 and 5 fulltime on a roster full of one way players. That's 30 minutes of grueling interior defending. That's the bed they made. Is on them to live with it or fix it.

edit Is also a huge learning experience for Pelinka and Gms in all walks of life. If you're going to fail let it be by your own doing. You have to be the adult in the room when your workers start making kiddy requests. He and Lebron are tight, he wasn't getting fired.
McBubbles
Senior
Posts: 536
And1: 480
Joined: Jun 16, 2020

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1319 » by McBubbles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 am

donnieme wrote:
nzahir wrote:
donnieme wrote: is theis available? Haven't watched him in a year but he was very Caruso-like except at the 5. If he hasn't fallen off there aren't more than 1 or 2 roleplayers on your roster that won't be worth losing for him...is what I would have said if you didn't already have Westbrook causing spacing conundrums. No you don't need another non-minimum center that can't play with Westbrook

Def not moving THT or Nunn for him lol

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays more than 20 minutes: 0-13

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays less than 20 minutes: 2-1

He is not an ideal fit with this roster, but I really feel like we need some defense

Russ, Baze/Reaves/upgrade?, Bron, AD, Theis

He can shoot a bit

I prefer Boucher, who has started off slow and his min have been slashed

But I also want more names I am not thinking of

There's no actual solution on the market to this particular problem. AD and Lebron had no clue how big an undertaking it was to play 4 and 5 fulltime on a roster full of one way players. That's 30 minutes of grueling interior defending. That's the bed they made. Is on them to live with it or fix it.

edit Is also a huge learning experience for Pelinka and Gms in all walks of life. If you're going to fail let it be by your own doing. You have to be the adult in the room when your workers start making kiddy requests. He and Lebron are tight, he wasn't getting fired.


When LeBron and Wade started making demands Riley told em to stfu and let him do his business when they were in Miami and that worked out pretty well. MJ hated his front office, and they constantly shot down his suggestions but told him to stfu and it worked out wonderfully. Gotta put your foot down and save players from themselves.
nzahir
Head Coach
Posts: 7,462
And1: 3,254
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1320 » by nzahir » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:12 am

donnieme wrote:
nzahir wrote:
donnieme wrote: is theis available? Haven't watched him in a year but he was very Caruso-like except at the 5. If he hasn't fallen off there aren't more than 1 or 2 roleplayers on your roster that won't be worth losing for him...is what I would have said if you didn't already have Westbrook causing spacing conundrums. No you don't need another non-minimum center that can't play with Westbrook

Def not moving THT or Nunn for him lol

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays more than 20 minutes: 0-13

Rockets record when Daniel Theis plays less than 20 minutes: 2-1

He is not an ideal fit with this roster, but I really feel like we need some defense

Russ, Baze/Reaves/upgrade?, Bron, AD, Theis

He can shoot a bit

I prefer Boucher, who has started off slow and his min have been slashed

But I also want more names I am not thinking of

There's no actual solution on the market to this particular problem. AD and Lebron had no clue how big an undertaking it was to play 4 and 5 fulltime on a roster full of one way players. That's 30 minutes of grueling interior defending. That's the bed they made. Is on them to live with it or fix it.

Which is why I am bringing up we need a 5....

Miami Lebron would help

Also having a 3/4 like Ariza instead of all these small guards would also help

They can only do it to close out games it seems like

But you cant have Russ, Lebron, AD, and a 5 who can't shoot at all

Dieng or Mo Wagner also work

Return to Player Comparisons