LeBron James 2021-22 Regular Season Thread - Part ?

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,787

Re: LeBron James 2021-22 Regular Season Thread - Part ? 

Post#281 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:25 am

Why am I watching this
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#282 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:26 am

Whatever the question is, DJ is not the answer.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#283 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 am

Denver announcers are cut throat, talking about not wanting Westbrook thrown out lmao
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#284 » by Greyhound » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:30 am

Let’s see how long the great Vogel can pretend that starting three 6’3” players is not hurting the defense.

The guy is a fool.

This lineup is incapable of being good defensively. Every play up the court someone has to go help out some 6’3” basketball midget from being posted up.

I wonder if that’s hurting the defense, Frank?
Don't believe the hype...
MisterHibachi
RealGM

Post#285 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:34 am

Lakers defense has been bad the last few games, but it's been especially horrendous today in all aspects. The kind of defensive performance that calls for a players only meeting afterward
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,175

Post#286 » by donnieme » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:41 am

Bazemore and Jordan signings were horrific because it's 2 idle roster spots and the owner doesn't have the funds to fix. Then whoever chose Jordan over Matthews needs to be barred from GMing for life.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#287 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:43 am

[img]a%20join[/img]
MisterHibachi wrote:Lakers defense has been bad the last few games, but it's been especially horrendous today in all aspects. The kind of defensive performance that calls for a players only meeting afterward

Nuggets are 70% from 3.. it's not just that it's bad, they are just getting torched by a team.that is red hot all at once.

No team would beat that
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,759

Post#288 » by GSP » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:06 am

Denver shoots 34% from 3 on 36 attempts per game

theyre are 65% this game (22/34).......
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,772

Post#289 » by IG2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:08 am

Denver ranks 21st in 3pt%. Just one of those nights for them. Probably the best any team has shot from 3 this season.

Lakers look awfully similar to 2018 Cavs January right now. Terrible body language. Terrible effort. LeBron's only focus is Kareem at this point.
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#290 » by tone wone » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:23 am

3 straight terrible games after it looked liked they had settled into a baseline level of competence. Just no momentum to this season.

I don't even like Jermih Grant but they have to make a big move soon just to clear the dead weight from the roster.

Star + roleplayers model only works with a defensive leaning roster or one thats fully optimized around said star (2018 Cavs) . With AD out its really just Lebron and a bunch dudes who can score against weak teams but thats about it....

Westbrook trade... miss
THT development. .. miss
Rondo, DAJ, Dwight recreating 2020... miss
Bazemore viable big guard/small wing.... miss

Not resigning Caruso cause of cost but waste roster spots on 2 washed up players in Rondo and Jordan

Treating the preseason as though they were coming off a 3-peat with nothing to prove as opposed to a team incorporating 7 new players. This left them looking completely unprepared once the season started.

Lebron and AD have only played in 15 games together...a stunningly low number. So this season on some level was going to be disappointing with their injuries. But man, so much of this fail of a season was self-inflicted.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#291 » by Greyhound » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:12 am

tone wone wrote:3 straight terrible games after it looked liked they had settled into a baseline level of competence. Just no momentum to this season.

I don't even like Jermih Grant but they have to make a big move soon just to clear the dead weight from the roster.

Star + roleplayers model only works with a defensive leaning roster or one thats fully optimized around said star (2018 Cavs) . With AD out its really just Lebron and a bunch dudes who can score against weak teams but thats about it....

Westbrook trade... miss
THT development. .. miss
Rondo, DAJ, Dwight recreating 2020... miss
Bazemore viable big guard/small wing.... miss

Not resigning Caruso cause of cost but waste roster spots on 2 washed up players in Rondo and Jordan

Treating the preseason as though they were coming off a 3-peat with nothing to prove as opposed to a team incorporating 7 new players. This left them looking completely unprepared once the season started.

Lebron and AD have only played in 15 games together...a stunningly low number. So this season on some level was going to be disappointing with their injuries. But man, so much of this fail of a season was self-inflicted.

Vogel has done this two consecutive preseasons now. Two preseasons ago it was understandable to give him a bit of a pass, because they were coming off a very short turnaround (after just winning the championship).

This preseason’s handling was simply ridiculous.

———-

This is just me talking out my back side but I honestly don’t think Vogel cares if he gets fired. He would probably even prefer it.

His defensive team was dismantled and he was given this duck squad. The guy was set up to fail and he has probably checked out.

In all honesty…

He was probably proud of his little team of nobodies that he coached to the best defense in the league (while the stars were out).

That team had an identity. They were the best defense in the league. They had a mediocre offense and depended on their stars being stars offensively. Everyone did their part defensively, only needing a few of those guys to make the occasional open shot to win ballgames.

This team has no identity and Pelinka, Davis and LeBron are responsible for it.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#292 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:12 am

Team sucks. Blow it up. I hope we trade Lebron and AD hopefully getting a decent package in return. I do not want to watch a decade of us being a joke again. Start over with some young talent and fire Pelinka and Vogel. Get someone with actual brains to work the FO. Give us a coach who can be developed. This is just a joke at this point. Fans deserve better than this.

And somebody call Roy Keane to tackle WB.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by Greyhound » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Team sucks. Blow it up. I hope we trade Lebron and AD hopefully getting a decent package in return. I do not want to watch a decade of us being a joke again. Start over with some young talent and fire Pelinka and Vogel. Get someone with actual brains to work the FO. Give us a coach who can be developed. This is just a joke at this point. Fans deserve better than this.

I guess you guys had more fun watching bum team’s full of young players that were in the lottery every year. At least you had that hope, right?

This team is terrible, but let’s not pretend that this franchise has not been a joke for the better part of the last decade before James and Davis arrived.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#294 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:38 am

Greyhound wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Team sucks. Blow it up. I hope we trade Lebron and AD hopefully getting a decent package in return. I do not want to watch a decade of us being a joke again. Start over with some young talent and fire Pelinka and Vogel. Get someone with actual brains to work the FO. Give us a coach who can be developed. This is just a joke at this point. Fans deserve better than this.

I guess you guys had more fun watching bum team’s full of young players that were in the lottery every year. At least you had that hope, right?

This team is terrible, but let’s not pretend that this franchise has not been a joke for the better part of the last decade before James and Davis arrived.

We were a joke. Lebron came with AD and brought the team a chip. But this team isn't going anywhere. We wont go anywhere for a while so what is the point? We could net some really good assets back if we blow it up. I wouldn't be saying this had we not panicked after losing to the Suns in the first round trading away our identity. This team as presently constructed will barely make the playoffs. And if they do they'll get pounced by much better teams.

Hell the Clippers team without PG and Kawhi is better than us :lol: :lol:

I want something to look forward to when i watch the games. I dont see anything worth looking at other than Reaves. Yeah Lebron is great. So what? It's futile at this point it's more about people wanting him to break Kareems record than it is about the team making a playoff push.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#295 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:54 am

Pre deadline Lebron + Westbrook is a hell of a combo
:reporter:
Greyhound
Lead Assistant

Post#296 » by Greyhound » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Greyhound wrote:

We were a joke. Lebron came with AD and brought the team a chip. But this team isn't going anywhere. We wont go anywhere for a while so what is the point? We could net some really good assets back if we blow it up. I wouldn't be saying this had we not panicked after losing to the Suns in the first round trading away our identity. This team as presently constructed will barely make the playoffs. And if they do they'll get pounced by much better teams.

Hell the Clippers team without PG and Kawhi is better than us :lol: :lol:

I want something to look forward to when i watch the games. I dont see anything worth looking at other than Reaves. Yeah Lebron is great. So what? It's futile at this point it's more about people wanting him to break Kareems record than it is about the team making a playoff push.

Can’t say I disagree with anything you said. Honestly, you’re right.

The Lakers are a joke currently and the only thing worth watching right now is LeBron’s pursuit of the milestone records.

I can see how that would be a major problem for Lakers fans who live and breathe wins and losses.

———-

Trading LeBron may not be the worst idea in the world. A team like Philadelphia could
probably see him as a shot at the championship this season and next.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#297 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 am

You don't want to go through a decade of being a joke but want to start over with young talent? Sounds like you're running headlong into the thing you want to avoid.

This is only one season, they have the offseason to correct mistakes and go again next season and even this season they still likely get into the playoffs. It's not doom and gloom yet.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
McBubbles
Rookie
And1: 1,248

Post#298 » by McBubbles » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 am

LeBron ok-ing the Westbrook trade is one of the biggest black marks of his career imo. One of the few decisions he's made that's actively pissed me off. Imo even him wanting the Cavs to trade for Kevin Love instead of someone like Paul Millsap was a mistake, but one that fortunately worked out. He just doesn't have an understanding of redundancy or fit for whatever reason.

By pure coincidence, I was ranting extensively about how **** NBA legends Off The Court BBIQ is before it happened. So let this be another reminder that no, your favourite player would not be good at X just because they have a good on court BBIQ. On court BBIQ does not translate elsewhere. Magic, Zeke, Kidd, MJ and Lebron have now been wonderful examples of this.

The sad thing is though is that Lebron shouldn't have even been put in a position where he could make that decision. Players recommend stupid **** all the time and the competent GM's just tell them to sit down and stfu.
You said to me “I will give you scissor seven fine quality animation".

You left then but you put flat mediums which were not good before my scissor seven".

What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt?
feyki
Veteran
And1: 447

Post#299 » by feyki » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:40 am

homecourtloss wrote:

The bubble may never happen again. There might never be a chance to see who’s better in a pure basketball setting again. But we do know it happened once, and like always, the GOAT rose up above his peers.”

Did not Butler put the same numbers in the Finals?
“The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.”
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#300 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 am

zimpy27 wrote:

You don't want to go through a decade of being a joke but want to start over with young talent? Sounds like you're running headlong into the thing you want to avoid.

This is only one season, they have the offseason to correct mistakes and go again next season and even this season they still likely get into the playoffs. It's not doom and gloom yet.

Not if we get a good return on the assets we have. We make the playoffs and then what? Get bounced in the first round because Westbrook will be a negative on the court with how teams will defend him.

We get a good package in return for the assets we have. Get some talent and i'd take that over watching this train wreck of a team.

We just lost by 40 against a nuggets team that is decent at best. It's not doom and gloom it's seeing this team for what it is.

The goal this season was to contend for a title. Not make the playoffs. Unless a miracle happens and Lebron becomes 10 years younger and AD getting titanium legs i dont see us making it past the first round.

Again. This team was cooked as soon as we let go of every bit of defense we had because they thought AD was the big eraser.

Add Westbrook to that and this is the product we are getting.
Raul

Return to Player Comparisons