2021-22 RealGM All-Season Awards - Discussion Thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,484

Re: 2021-22 RealGM All-Season Awards - Discussion Thread 

Post#701 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:59 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:The voter in question (I guess we're not naming him to not put him on blast?) did say in his voting post that he'd be willing to provide reasoning but wanted to make sure he at least got his votes in on time. I'm in favor of giving him a bit more time to give his reasoning tbh. Maybe some real life stuff got in the way or he simply forgot about it after posting his ballot. I would say give him an extra day but I'm not really familiar with what is usual amount of time for situations like this.

I'm not naming him because I'm asking the voter panel what should be done in such a situation, so it shouldn't matter who the poster is.

Re: extra time, maybe forgot. Well but he didn't ask for extra time and didn't tell us he was going to get back to it. He asked to be told if he needed to give explanation, which was already stated in the OP of the thread.

Re: usual among for situations like this? Usually if someone doesn't follow the rules on an award after the week+plus I give people to post, I just toss that vote. The reason I'm not doing it this time is because a) it actually changes a winner (which is pretty rare) and b) me following the laid out rules would lead to something closer to my personal ballot, which opens up allegations of bias, which I really don't want.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#702 » by jalengreen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:10 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:The voter in question (I guess we're not naming him to not put him on blast?) did say in his voting post that he'd be willing to provide reasoning but wanted to make sure he at least got his votes in on time. I'm in favor of giving him a bit more time to give his reasoning tbh. Maybe some real life stuff got in the way or he simply forgot about it after posting his ballot. I would say give him an extra day but I'm not really familiar with what is usual amount of time for situations like this.

I'm not naming him because I'm asking the voter panel what should be done in such a situation, so it shouldn't matter who the poster is.

Re: extra time, maybe forgot. Well but he didn't ask for extra time and didn't tell us he was going to get back to it. He asked to be told if he needed to give explanation, which was already stated in the OP of the thread.

Re: usual among for situations like this? Usually if someone doesn't follow the rules on an award after the week+plus I give people to post, I just toss that vote. The reason I'm not doing it this time is because a) it actually changes a winner (which is pretty rare) and b) me following the laid out rules would lead to something closer to my personal ballot, which opens up allegations of bias, which I really don't want.

If it's what you usually do then I think you should just stick to it. The rules were explicitly laid out, nothing unreasonable about tossing it. Up to you though of course
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#703 » by falcolombardi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:12 pm

Probably should give him the warning his vote wonr count without some reasoning and if he doesnt post some today then follow the rules and toss the vote
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#704 » by The-Power » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Since I don't see any urgency in releasing the results, I'd be comfortable with a reasonable grace period (perhaps 24 hours) and a quick heads-up to the user in question via quote.

That being said, it creates a (new) precedent and if you're uncomfortable with handling a similar situation in the future the same way, I'd also understand just closing the vote now.

In the end, I can only concur with Chuck. Whatever you decide, no reasonable person can question your integrity and as the leader of this project, I'm happy to support whatever decision you feel is most appropriate.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#705 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:54 pm

this guy holding up the project smh

just give it a day and call it after
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,484

Post#706 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:45 pm

With Voting now complete, I'm de-stickying this thread.

Thank you to everyone for their participation!
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to Player Comparisons