The LeBron James - 21-22 Off-Season Thread Part 1 (Please Lock Thread)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,831

Re: The LeBron James - 21-22 Off-Season Thread Part 1 (Please be respectful) 

Post#2321 » by Homer38 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:19 pm

He has a player option for the 2025 season,so this is a one year extension
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,314

Post#2322 » by The High Cyde » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:42 pm

Hope it works out for him bball wise, I wouldn’t trust that front office to make solid decisions though. Would hate to see him fade into irrelevance when he still has game.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#2323 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:07 pm

The High Cyde wrote:Hope it works out for him bball wise, I wouldn’t trust that front office to make solid decisions though. Would hate to see him fade into irrelevance when he still has game.

Agreed. Hopefully this makes the FO get off their butts.

Tbh, I don't think he does this without calculating it first, so that's some good news hopefully.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#2324 » by nzahir » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:11 pm

I am not happy about this extension unless Lebron gave them an ultimatum to trade the picks for Kyrie
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Post#2325 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 pm

He loves LA, his family love LA so nothing surprising here. I hope they can build a semi decent team for the next 2 seasons
:reporter:
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#2326 » by eminence » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Seems highly likely they're moving Westbrook+pick or picks for some contributors at this point. Otherwise I really don't understand what they're doing in the FO.
I bought a boat.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2327 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 am

eminence wrote:Seems highly likely they're moving Westbrook+pick or picks for some contributors at this point. Otherwise I really don't understand what they're doing in the FO.

I’d like to agree with you, I really would.

Unfortunately, “otherwise I really don’t understand what they’re doing in the FO” has largely been the theme of the LeBron-era Lakers.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#2328 » by nzahir » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:35 am

So Woj is saying we would give up 2 1sts for Kyrie, but not for Buddy and Turner

I am all in on the Kyrie deal

Kyrie and Joe/Seth for Russ and Nunn if needed

Could use a 3 and d wing that is a bit better than Stanley, Brown Jr and JTA
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,100

Post#2329 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:05 am

got paid
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#2330 » by JordansBulls » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:39 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:Hope it works out for him bball wise, I wouldn’t trust that front office to make solid decisions though. Would hate to see him fade into irrelevance when he still has game.

Tbh, I don't think he does this without calculating it first, so that's some good news hopefully.

What do you mean? They got a bunch of guys he wanted and stars. What else can the FO do?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2331 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:57 pm

JordansBulls wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

What do you mean? They got a bunch of guys he wanted and stars. What else can the FO do?

It means they haven't done anything this offseason. I'm talking about this summer.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 356

Post#2332 » by Ian Scuffling » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm

He and AD NEED to stay healthy. If that doesn't happen, nothing else matters. Hopefully, they can get Kyrie, though.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#2333 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:13 pm

I would be happy with either the Kyrie or the Pacers trade.

Turner/AD/LeBron/Buddy/Nunn(or Reaves or even re-signing Schroder) is a great starting lineup.

That front court would arguably be the best in the league, and would provide enough spacing and also allow AD to be in his best defensive position as the second big.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#2334 » by Greatness » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Don't fool yourselves into thinking the Kyrie trade is gonna happen. We're gonna see Westbrook for another full season.
eminence
RealGM

Post#2335 » by eminence » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:50 pm

I do think Westbrook gets traded, but I don't think it's the Kyrie trade, it's just completely dependent on the Brooklyn front office folding and dealing KD first, cause otherwise it's just a bad deal for them as it'll further piss KD off.

I love the Indiana trades for LA, but don't really get them for Indiana. If both picks are fully unprotected, maybe the value is okay?

Utah's got some dudes if y'all are interested :)

I imagine all of Conley/Bojan/Beasley/Clarkson/Beverley are on the table.

I would like to hang on to Vanderbilt unless somebody is offering really good value on him.
I bought a boat.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#2336 » by falcolombardi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:36 pm

eminence wrote:I do think Westbrook gets traded, but I don't think it's the Kyrie trade, it's just completely dependent on the Brooklyn front office folding and dealing KD first, cause otherwise it's just a bad deal for them as it'll further piss KD off.

I love the Indiana trades for LA, but don't really get them for Indiana. If both picks are fully unprotected, maybe the value is okay?

I would like to hang on to Vanderbilt unless somebody is offering really good value on him.

Beverley + bojan would be a great duo for lakers tbh, specially if you can squeeze some depth in the trade

Beverley/reaves(?)/bojan/lebron/davis is a very good small ball lineup if healthy
eminence
RealGM

Post#2337 » by eminence » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 pm

falcolombardi wrote:
eminence wrote:I do think Westbrook gets traded, but I don't think it's the Kyrie trade, it's just completely dependent on the Brooklyn front office folding and dealing KD first, cause otherwise it's just a bad deal for them as it'll further piss KD off.

Beverley + bojan would be a great duo for lakers tbh, specially if you can squeeze some depth in the trade

Beverley/reaves(?)/bojan/lebron/davis is a very good small ball lineup if healthy

Are Gay/NAW considered depth these days? They'd make the trade a lot more balanced financially.

What's LA willing to pay in a deal like that? '26 unprotected and swap rights in '27 (for either of Utah/Minnesota 1sts that year)?
I bought a boat.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#2338 » by Greyhound » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:28 pm

falcolombardi wrote:

If the Lakers do a trade with Utah, I hope they target Vanderbilt. I would not care what else were included in the poo poo platter, so long as he is in it.

He is young, he has size, he is a great rebounder and a versatile defender (who can defend both big and small). He would allow some great small lineups (alongside AD) that could still play big.
Don't believe the hype...
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#2339 » by homecourtloss » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:26 pm

Greyhound wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:

If the Lakers do a trade with Utah, I hope they target Vanderbilt. I would not care what else were included in the poo poo platter, so long as he is in it.

He is young, he has size, he is a great rebounder and a versatile defender (who can defend both big and small). He would allow some great small lineups (alongside AD) that could still play big.

I severely doubt that the Lakers’ front office would prioritize Vanderbilt though he’d be perfect. Utah has some good pieces to surround James and Davis.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,233

Post#2340 » by ardee » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:07 pm

I can't see the Lakers trading those picks for anyone but Kyrie. They want to maximize whatever LeBron has left but also likely want to keep one eye on the future, and Kyrie/Davis as a pair can hold down the fort for a few more years after LeBron retires as opposed to the players they get from a hypothetical Indiana trade.

Return to Player Comparisons