KillBuckner...? on Louis Williams

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

WiltForever
Junior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by WiltForever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:43 pm

loserX wrote:Moving to the Player Comparison Board.

apologies. didn't see.

have a good weekend.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#22 » by corwin » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:38 pm

Just to add my 2 cents as I keep the Sporting News College Basketball Annuals. In these annuals, in 2002-2003, Louis Williams was rated the #1 sophomore prospect. in 2003-2004, he was rated the #5 junior prospect. In 2004-2005, he was ranked the #1 senior prospec. In 2005-2006, the year he was drafted, he was ranked the #5 high school senior going to college or the pros. The other names are the ones you'd expect. In terms of his skills, I'd agree with Ricky in that he is about a year behind Monta Ellis in development. Wilt is right in that the kid has crazy athleticism but needs to become both a better shooter and defender. I think he will become a tremendous combo guard in the future. IMO there is no ceiling on his potential.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#23 » by horaceworthy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:51 pm

WiltForever wrote:Then ahead of Webster(and of course Williams): Tasmin Mitchel (an LSU junior; 6.7 ppg), Andray Blatche (good upside, but a future NBA starter?), Amir Johnson (already moved from the Pistons to the Heat; gets lots of minutes on a team with the second worst record in the NBA), Byron Eaton (an Oklahoma State junior; 9.3 ppg).

You've got the wrong A. Johnson. Alexander Johnson plays for the Heat, he signed there after being let go by the Grizzlies. Amir Johnson still plays for the Pistons, gets about 8 minutes a game, and has shown a ton of potential in those minutes.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
WiltForever
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by WiltForever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:22 pm

horaceworthy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-You've got the wrong A. Johnson. Alexander Johnson plays for the Heat, he signed there after being let go by the Grizzlies. Amir Johnson still plays for the Pistons, gets about 8 minutes a game, and has shown a ton of potential in those minutes.

Thanks. By the way, my intention wasn't to put down any 20- or 21-year-old who came out in the past couple of years. I also see nothing wrong with talking up a special young player who, just because he didn't play for one of the college basketball factories, hasn't gotten the respect (and respect regarding his upside) he deserves.

In addition to his high school resume, he's twice been a scoring and assist leader in summer league play.

As for comparisons to Monta Ellis (again, not a criticism of Ellis), but perhaps if he had played his first two years under Mo Cheeks, rather than having Don Nelson his second year, he' probably be getting 10 mpg and and 10 points. You see, Mo would rather play a 35-year-old veteran than develop young player.

So, as Corwin posted, Williams is probably a year behind Ellis's development curve...
AnSweR07
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: KillBuckner...? on Louis Williams 

Post#25 » by AnSweR07 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:26 am

The sixers have killed/stunted his development big time trying to make him into something he wasn't. he still has more natural talent than alot of players at his position though.

Return to Player Comparisons