Blazers
58%

Total votes: 31

The_Believer
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Warriors vs. Blazers (7 game series) 

Post#1 » by The_Believer » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:31 pm

Assume that both teams are fully healthy, and GSW has the home-court advantage? Who would win?
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Post#2 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:05 pm

I'll take Golden State because they are deeper, more proven, and have a superstar PG who can take over games and lead a team when called upon. Golden State matches up well against Portland but it would no doubt be a very entertaining series to watch and would most likely go 6 or 7 games.

Note: When you say entirely healthy im assuming we are not including Greg Oden into this discussions because he is out for the entire season.
Go Raps!!
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by The_Believer » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:27 pm

I forgot to post my pick- I'd say GS would beat them in at most 6.
Blazers don't have anyone who can guard Baron, and Baron/Jax are a dangerous two-way duo who have shut down Kobe, Tmac, Caron, Nash, Matrix, Artest, Dirk, LeBron, etc, while combining for 50+ points on a game's basis. They would definitely do the same to Brandon Roy.
Also, GS has been playoff-tested.
EDIT- Yes, no Greg Oden, but it would be interesting to see how GS handles a big man like him.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#4 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:28 pm

i'll take the awrriors because of their playoff experience
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#5 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:16 pm

The Warriors are the one team I think the Blazers have a chance of beating in the playoffs but...

I'm going to have to go with the Warriors, Baron would just run Roy through the blender in the low post.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#6 » by killacalijatt » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:35 pm

NetsForce wrote:The Warriors are the one team I think the Blazers have a chance of beating in the playoffs but...

I'm going to have to go with the Warriors, Baron would just run Roy through the blender in the low post.

Are you felling ok are you sure u smokin something ?
Netsforce is that you :uhoh:
Again u sure dude u must b e sick
Another one on me

:beer:
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#7 » by Spykes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:05 pm

Even as a Blazer fan, I'd also say the Warriors would beat Portland in a 7 game series.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#8 » by Village Idiot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 am

After two blow-outs I think we can safely say Portland has the Warrior's number. Unless something changes I say Portland in 5 with home-court advantage.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#9 » by Fitz303 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:57 am

The Blazers are yet to go down to their arena.. I think it would be a great matchup to watch.. Probably a 6 or 7 game series. Both teams home fans are great, and I think that home court would probably give the edge to that team
CounterLead
Sophomore

Post#10 » by CounterLead » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:07 am

Blazers don't have anyone who can guard Baron

. . . excuse me? 4 points tonight on 1/6. He looked horrible and looked ridiculous/desperate yapping to the refs after pushing off in mid-air and then falling on his chubby behind. Dude just had no shame tonight.
J.R. RIDER FAN FOR LIFE
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#11 » by candy for lunch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 am

Blazers. Small ball just doesn't work against us ;-)
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#12 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:02 am

I'll take the Blazers because they play defense
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#13 » by BROWN » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:34 am

That Nicka wrote:I'll take the Blazers because they play defense

You have no clue what your talking about,
The warriors play DEFENSE, not the type that you expect from every team,
they play a scrambling pesky defense, you should watch some games before you open your mouth.

Depending on the Home Court Advantage, i'd take the warriors in 5 if they had home court and the warriors in 6 if they did not.

The warriors have playoff experience, while a young Portland team doesn't.

In 2-3 years, if they were to match up again portland would destroy them, but at this point they wouldn't.

And to the poster who wrote something about Baron going 1-6 today,
please remember where talking about PLAYOFFS and not the regular season. I'd like you to recall last year playoff series against dallas where they didn't have good guards guarding Baron , and look what he did to them.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#14 » by farzi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am

[quote="brownwarriors"][/quote]

Don't you think playoff experience is a tad overrated? Last year, the Warriors didn't have any real exp. yet they knocked off the number one seed, yet now after that they seem to have all of this experience that will suddenly make them better come the playoffs.

Utah had no playoff experience last year and to the WFC. Now they're a favored team despite lack luster play because of those 3 extra weeks of basketball.

Its completely overrated. It may have some impact come CF/finals rounds, but we semi sane Blazer fans know we aren't going to be sniffing those for atleast another year.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:07 pm

farzi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't you think playoff experience is a tad overrated? Last year, the Warriors didn't have any real exp. yet they knocked off the number one seed, yet now after that they seem to have all of this experience that will suddenly make them better come the playoffs.

Utah had no playoff experience last year and to the WFC. Now they're a favored team despite lack luster play because of those 3 extra weeks of basketball.

Its completely overrated. It may have some impact come CF/finals rounds, but we semi sane Blazer fans know we aren't going to be sniffing those for atleast another year.

Not true AT ALL. Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson had a ton of playoff experience, Don Nelson also was very familiar with the playoffs. In Utah Jerry Sloan had plenty of playoff experience so he was fully prepared for whatever was thrown at him, it also helped that Deron Williams went on a hotstreak, and they ended up playing the perennial choking Rockets in the first round, and the fatally flawed Warriors in the second round.

A better comparison for the Blazers is the Raptors of last year, and we all saw how that worked out. McMillian is probably a better coach than Sam Mitchell but not by a whole lot, so I doubt he can make a difference the way Sloan did with the Jazz.

If the Blazers happen to make the playoffs, then you'll see what I'm talking about that's really the only way you're going to understand it, I told the same thing to Raptors fans and after the Nets-Raptors series they ended up agreeing with me.
Yangsing
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Yangsing » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 pm

In terms of defense, I'm going to have to say Blazers. GSW are in the bottom 10 in OPP FG% and 3pt%.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#17 » by SabasRevenge! » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Did anyone see the game last night? I don't know what that was the Warriors were playing, but it sure wasn't defense. That had to be the worst defensive effort I've seen all season. The Blazers started the game with 4 dunks in their first few possessions and their shooters were open the entire game. Sure, it was one bad game, but the statistically the Warriors are also pretty terrible on D.

The Warriors certainly have the edge when it comes to experience, but I think it would be a great series. Personally, I'd love to see Blazers-Lakers in the 1st round, but that doesn't appear likely unless it's a 3/6.
Yangsing
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Yangsing » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Nellie coached teams aren't exactly known for their D.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#19 » by Milkdud » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Yangsing wrote:Nellie coached teams aren't exactly known for their D.

The warriors play D but its an ultra gambling style of it. Last night was a good example, the warriors were jumping the passing lanes alot and got a ton of deflections. Now the flipside of that coin is since the gamble they set guys up to get easy baskets when the miss on those steals.

Im not making a state one way or the other til I see how the blazers play down in the bay. But as of know I like my chances it would be a 6-7 game series IMO.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#20 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm

brownwarriors wrote:

I hardly call that scrambling/gambling crap GSW runs: defense... The 05 Heat had very little playoff experience but Dwayne Wade, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler came to play as will Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, Steve Blake and Jarrett Jack

Nate McMillin is a helluva coach

Return to Player Comparisons