Most overrated player this season.

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#121 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:20 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:

LOL @ pathetic..

I love how so many Kobe fans hate Wade because he did something Kobe couldn't, and that's win a finals MVP with Shaq on the team..Wade had a good supporting cast, but he CLEARLY carried the team in the finals..he had one of the greatest finals performances of all-time..didn't he average over 35+ for the whole series? and also led his team to 4 games in a row..ridiculous..

i don't hate wade. so wade won one finals mvp and he's better than kobe? nope. think again. kobe has never been in last place in a crappy conference.

I don't want to attack the poster, but are some people REALLY this stupid?..

first of all, nobody has EVER said Tim Duncan is galaxies better than KG, Kobe or Lebron..

false, TDistheman is a mod and he says duncan>kobe and it's not close.

Tim Duncan has had a solid argument as to being better than Kobe and Lebron last year..KG hasn't even been in the playoffs for the last few years, so I don't even see how he had an argument until this year..nobody is going to say Duncan has been better than either of those 3 guys this year..

agreed 100%.

has he had a better career than all 3? definitely..none of them even have an argument over him..

no? what if kg wins this year? what if kobe gets mvp this year? kobe and shaq destroyed the spurs. i mean, they freaking swept them. that doesn't sound like a superior player to me. duncan has a HIGHLY underrated supporting cast.

second of all, the Spurs THIS year? the Spurs are struggling by their standards, just like they did last year..obviously the regular season means nothing to them..

third of all, every superstar needs teammates to win..Duncan has actually been one of the few that has won without another all-star on his team..so he's already proven he doesn't even NEED another all-star on his team..

ginobili and parker are all-stars dummy.

by saying Duncan relies on Parker and Ginobili to win in the regular season is clearly stupid, because you're talking about Duncan strictly in the regular season..Duncan is a different player in the playoffs, he COMPLETELY elevates his game..he probably takes the least shot attempts out of any superstar in the NBA that isn't a PG..even with that being said, Jordan had Pippen..Magic had Worthy and Kareem..Shaq had Kobe..

small sample size..but here are Tony Parker's numbers without Duncan this year..

FG: 38%(-11%) -1.3 FTA 4 APG(-2.2) 3.75 TOPG(1 more TOPG) 12.5 PPG(-7.5)

and Duncan without Parker for 3 games..including 1 game where he only played 20 minutes since it was his 1st game back from injury..

FG: 53%(+2) 12 RPG(+1.2) 2 TO(-0.3) 20 PPG(+1.2)

lol, this is like 2 games. gimme a break.

fourth of all, your last comment is 100% stupidity..you're comparing SHAQ AND KOBE to Duncan and 2 players that weren't even near all-star caliber players at that point..the fact that Duncan actually beat the Lakers with an average supporting cast in 2003 shows how good he is..I'm sure you remember that series..Kobe was literally crying on the bench because his team was eliminated..

Duncan has won with an average supporting cast for a championship team, so your point is completely lost here..Ginobili and Parker have developed, partly due to Duncan, so he deserves to have great teammates by his side, after he's already proven he can win without them..

average supporting cast my @$$. those were deep deep teams with great defenders. someone's bitter about the lakers wining 3 in a row during duncan's prime. i mean, if he really is that great, how does he give it up for 3 consecutive years?
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#122 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:21 am

your argument that duncan made parker is BS. look at other good wings when their big man has left. they don't lose their talent all of a sudden. parker deserves credit. watch him play before you judge.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#123 » by JoshB914 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:25 am

Joe Johnson.
FANOFNBA
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#124 » by FANOFNBA » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:28 am

Jack wore plaid wrote:Here's another coach that thinks Roy belongs in the MVP talk.

Maybe they all know something some of you don't

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6959

a coach? really? kinda like how Marc Iavaroni thinks lebron is a better passer then magic freakin johnson........
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#125 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:your argument that duncan made parker is BS. look at other good wings when their big man has left. they don't lose their talent all of a sudden. parker deserves credit. watch him play before you judge.

the Spurs are my favorite team, I watch every game you clown..

Parker was horribly erratic and undeveloped when he came into the NBA so young..Duncan CLEARLY has had a huge impact on his career..for someone who is a Laker fans and talks about LA's 3-peat, it's strange that you don't remember how Tony Parker played..

it's not the same at all..100% stupidity..you're comparing developed players when their big man leaves the team, to Parker when he was 19-20 years old, and in his first few years in the NBA with no experience..

Showtime:Part2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

average supporting cast my @$$. those were deep deep teams with great defenders. someone's bitter about the lakers wining 3 in a row during duncan's prime. i mean, if he really is that great, how does he give it up for 3 consecutive years?

average supporting cast FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM..other than Hakeem's 1st championship, name me a superstar that had a worst supporting cast than Duncan in 2003..

how does he give it up? he was playing against TWO superstars on a superior team..the fact that he beat them in a 7-game series with nobody that was even near all-star caliber, shows how good he is..

Wade had Shaq
the Pistons didn't have a legit superstar, it was a team effort
Shaq had Kobe
Jordan had Pippen and Rodman
Isiah had the Bad Boys supporting cast
Bird had McHale and Parrish
Magic had Worthy and Kareem

the list goes on..Duncan had Parker and Ginobili in 05 and 07, and Robinson in 99, so nobody is doubting that..but in 2003, only Dream had a worst supporting cast..even Dream had Drexler in his 2nd one..

so you have no argument..so far, your argument has been that he's always had a good supporting cast, which is inaccurate(for a fact)..he couldn't stop the Lakers 3-peat, when he is the one who single-handedly(as much as you can use the word in a team sport) dethroned them and won a championship..and that Duncan relies on Parker, which has been proven wrong..
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#126 » by SaintofKillers » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 am

Kevin Durant.

Kobe gets a lot of crap for his piss-poor shot selection and here you have a guy who chucks and chucks and chucks and chucks yet everyone's taking turns fellating him; nary a negative press. Seriously, you could make 5-6 volumes comprised of horrible Durant FG attempts to show at a basketball clinic on how not to play basketball.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#127 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:50 am

I am a Blazer fan and do not think Roy is overhyped at all. The guy is pretty damn good and he makes his teammates better, something MVP's are suppose to do. Now, do I think he should be considered for the MVP right now? HELL NO!!! The season is hardly half over. I don't think anyone should be considered for the MVP award just yet. Let's let them play some more basketball and get down towards the end of the season. Any of the MVP candidates right now could suck A$$ the last half of the season and be out of the running. They could also have an injury and be out of the running. There is so much time left before we even have to think about the MVP. Let's just enjoy some basketball and watch these players grow.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#128 » by theGreatRC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:00 am

SaintofKillers wrote:Kevin Durant.

Kobe gets a lot of crap for his piss-poor shot selection and here you have a guy who chucks and chucks and chucks and chucks yet everyone's taking turns fellating him; nary a negative press. Seriously, you could make 5-6 volumes comprised of horrible Durant FG attempts to show at a basketball clinic on how not to play basketball.

Nobody will say Kevin Durant because he is a "rookie" and he is still learning how to adjust.
Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#129 » by Griever24 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:30 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:I am a Blazer fan and do not think Roy is overhyped at all. The guy is pretty damn good and he makes his teammates better, something MVP's are suppose to do. Now, do I think he should be considered for the MVP right now? HELL NO!!! The season is hardly half over. I don't think anyone should be considered for the MVP award just yet. Let's let them play some more basketball and get down towards the end of the season. Any of the MVP candidates right now could suck A$$ the last half of the season and be out of the running. They could also have an injury and be out of the running. There is so much time left before we even have to think about the MVP. Let's just enjoy some basketball and watch these players grow.

kinda agree its almost weird .. its like Brandon is over-Rated and at the same time under-rated .. it seems he really has broke out and is playing great .. but hes not up there in the class of carying his team or anything like that ...

I think we should do what you said and just enjoy watching these players grow .. and not just Brandon all players in the league instead of always Hating and Criticizing Lets wish all of them the best .. that will never happen ! lol but yeah Roy is a little over-Rated but he is becoming a very nice player

Return to Player Comparisons