which team has the best duo

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

ice9
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#21 » by ice9 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Best defensive duo: Hinrich/Ben Wallace.

Nope. Wallace has been bad defensively this year. His man regularly goes off on us because Wallace sucks/doesn't care. He doesn't guard his man away from the basket, he doesn't do a whole lot in the way of post D, his help D isn't a threat to the other team, and he's had bad positioning.

Hinrich has also slipped defensively. He might be average at this point, but perhaps I'm giving him too much credit.

Best offensive duo is definitely Duhon/Wallace (combine for 9.8 ppg, in 53.9 mpg on 35% shooting)

Paul/West is a helluva duo. KG/Pierce, Duncan/Parker, Deron/Boozer, Nash/Amare are some of the first uos to come to mind.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#22 » by suckfish » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Hikari wrote:Williams/Boozer

I'm surprised there haven't been more mentions of the Jazzmen, probably not the best but their damn good.
floris_
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#23 » by floris_ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Its funny how most of you just pick 2 superstars on one team and put them together as your pick. Imo the 2 players would have to complement eachother.

That's why I would go with Duncan/Parker overall and Nash/Stoudemire offensively.
Mahoney_jr
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Mahoney_jr » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:05 pm

floris_ wrote:Its funny how most of you just pick 2 superstars on one team and put them together as your pick. Imo the 2 players would have to complement eachother.

That's why I would go with Duncan/Parker overall and Nash/Stoudemire offensively.

It's funny how parochial you're in your outlook. So to complement each other one of the players has to be a point guard? Do they have to p&r the whole time to complement each other?

You have a point with Nash & Stoudemire offensively, but I wouldn't rule out Garnett/Pierce (equally great on defense btw), Howard/Lewis, Carter/Jefferson etc because there's no point guard in it. :roll:
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#25 » by corona » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:00 pm

best offensive duo? : VC + RJ

anthony & iverson score about 7 more points a game, tally 3 more assists a game, they shoot the same percentages, and get to the free throw line more.
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#26 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't think it is homerific.

Bynum/Kobe is like 2000 Shaq/Kobe in reverse.

Shaq/Phil wanted to trade Kobe in the offseason for Jason Kidd. Kobe came back that season and played at an allstar level and they won their first title.

History repeating itself?
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#27 » by Flash3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm

I'd love to say Shaq/Wade, but sadly I can't.

Either way, Shaq/Wade. :lol:
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#28 » by wezbo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 pm

thierry wrote:Best scoring duo: AI/Melo, Honorable Mention: RJ/VC
Best frontcourt duo: Marion/Stoudemire Honorable Mentions: West/Chandler, Lewis/Howard
Best backcourt duo: JKidd/VC Honorable Mentions: Parker/Ginobili, Billups/Hamilton, Davis/Jackson
Best overall duo: Bryant/Bynum, Pierce/Garnett, or Nash/Stoudemire..

+ 1
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by The_Believer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Baron/Jax. They combine for ~44ppg while being the team's primary ball distributors, shooters, and both are very capable defensively.
Kg/Pierce is also very very good.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#30 » by 10scott10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:07 pm

dabadestalbo69 wrote:its a shame no one mentioned chauncey and rip.

i would have said billups and sheed
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#31 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Best defensive duo: Duncan/Bowen, KG/Rondo, Prince/Rasheed, Okafor/Wallace, Hinrich/Ben Wallace. HM: Battier/Yao

Best offensive duo: Duncan/Parker, Deron/Boozer, KG/Pierce, Nash/Amare, Yao/T-Mac. HM: Butler/Jamison

Best shooting duo: KG/Ray Allen, Dirk/J-How, Nash/Amare, Billups/Hamilton, Baron/S-Jax. HM: Bosh/Kapono.

Best athletic duo: J-Rich/G-Wall, J-Smith/M-Williams, Paul/Chandler, Amare/Marion, Baron/Ellis. HM: Iguodala/Dalembert

Best rebounding duo: Boozer/AK47, Yao/Hayes, Chandler/West, Bynum/Odom, LBJ/Gooden HM: Dalembert/Evans

Best overall duo: Duncan/Parker, KG/Pierce, Deron/Boozer, Billups/Rasheed, T-Mac/Yao. HM: Kobe/Bynum

Not having Dwight/Shard on half these is just crazy. Most athletic? Best rebounding? Kobe and Bynum better overall than Dwight and Shard? Really? Baron and Ellis more athletic?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#32 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:I don't think it is homerific.

Bynum/Kobe is like 2000 Shaq/Kobe in reverse.

Shaq/Phil wanted to trade Kobe in the offseason for Jason Kidd. Kobe came back that season and played at an allstar level and they won their first title.

History repeating itself?

No homers ever think they are homers, that's why they are laughed at.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#33 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:14 pm

The_Believer wrote:Baron/Jax. They combine for ~44ppg while being the team's primary ball distributors, shooters, and both are very capable defensively.
Kg/Pierce is also very very good.

No way are they anywhere near the top duo period. They are in the back end of the top 5 for top backcourt duos, for top duos period they aren't even top 15..
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Not having Dwight/Shard on half these is just crazy. Most athletic? Best rebounding? Kobe and Bynum better overall than Dwight and Shard? Really? Baron and Ellis more athletic?

Kobe & Bynum are better overall than Dwight and Shard.. Bryants better than Howard and Bynums better than Shard, and they have more chemistry. But Bogans/Shard should definitely be in his top shooting duos.
Hard2dhole
Rookie

Post#35 » by Hard2dhole » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Best defensive duo: Duncan/Bowen, KG/Rondo, Prince/Rasheed, Okafor/Wallace, Hinrich/Ben Wallace. HM: Battier/Yao

Best offensive duo: Duncan/Parker, Deron/Boozer, KG/Pierce, Nash/Amare, Yao/T-Mac. HM: Butler/Jamison

Best shooting duo: KG/Ray Allen, Dirk/J-How, Nash/Amare, Billups/Hamilton, Baron/S-Jax. HM: Bosh/Kapono.

Best athletic duo: J-Rich/G-Wall, J-Smith/M-Williams, Paul/Chandler, Amare/Marion, Baron/Ellis. HM: Iguodala/Dalembert, Dwight/Shard

Best rebounding duo: Boozer/AK47, Yao/Hayes, Chandler/West, Bynum/Odom, LBJ/Gooden HM: Dalembert/Evans

Best overall duo: Duncan/Parker, KG/Pierce, Deron/Boozer, Billups/Rasheed, T-Mac/Yao. HM: Kobe/Bynum

Had to make a small change but overall excellent post!
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#36 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No homers ever think they are homers, that's why they are laughed at.

What are you? 7?

"You're a homer, so we laugh at you"

lol
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by The_Believer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:23 am

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No way are they anywhere near the top duo period. They are in the back end of the top 5 for top backcourt duos, for top duos period they aren't even top 15..

Name ten duos that can lock down opposing stars like they can while scoring 45 + on a gamely basis (although they are both a little streaky, but everybody has flaws).
I'm not saying they are the best, but they are up there (top 5-15). KG/Pierce are definitely better, and the Spurs and Pistons duos are more successful. But asides from those, there isn't many more that are better. BTW, not being top 15 means half of the teams have better duos than them, which is NOT the case.
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by thierry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:16 am

The_Believer wrote:Name ten duos that can lock down opposing stars like they can while scoring 45 + on a gamely basis (although they are both a little streaky, but everybody has flaws).
I'm not saying they are the best, but they are up there (top 5-15). KG/Pierce are definitely better, and the Spurs and Pistons duos are more successful. But asides from those, there isn't many more that are better. BTW, not being top 15 means half of the teams have better duos than them, which is NOT the case.

Tell me which of these duos are not better:

Joe Johnson/Josh Smith
Paul Pierce/Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen/Kevin Garnett
LeBron James/Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Josh Howard/Dirk Nowitzki
Allen Iverson/Carmelo Anthony
Allen Iverson/Marcus Camby
Carmelo Anthony/Marcus Camby
Chauncey Billups/Rasheed Wallace
Chauncey Billups/Richard Hamilton
Tracy McGrady/Yao Ming
Elton Brand/Chris Kaman
Kobe Bryant/Andrew Bynum
Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom
Jason Kidd/Vince Carter
Jason Kidd/Richard Jefferson
Vince Carter/Richard Jefferson
Chris Paul/Tyson Chandler
Chris Paul/David West
Rashard Lewis/Dwight Howard
Steve Nash/Shawn Marion
Steve Nash/Amare Stoudemire
Shawn Marion/Amare Stoudemire
Brandon Roy/LaMarcus Aldridge
Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker/Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili/Tim Duncan
Jose Calderon/Chris Bosh
Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer
Caron Butler/Antawn Jamison
Gilbert Arenas/Caron Butler
Gilbert Arenas/Antawn Jamison

Thats roughly 35 duos I feel are better than or on par to Davis/Jackson. And its also roughly 20 teams that I feel have a better duo.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#39 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 am

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kobe & Bynum are better overall than Dwight and Shard.. Bryants better than Howard and Bynums better than Shard, and they have more chemistry. But Bogans/Shard should definitely be in his top shooting duos.

Dwight and Shard: 41.1 ppg, 20.2 rpg, 3.9 apg, 2.2 spg, 2.9 bpg, 105 threes.
Kobe and Bynum: 39.9 ppg, 16.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 2.4 spg, 2.6 bpg, 63 threes.

So how exactly are Kobe and Bynum better? Bynum isn't even the Lakers 2nd best player.
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by thierry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 am

Cammo101 wrote:Dwight and Shard: 41.1 ppg, 20.2 rpg, 3.9 apg, 2.2 spg, 2.9 bpg, 105 threes.
Kobe and Bynum: 39.9 ppg, 16.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 2.4 spg, 2.6 bpg, 63 threes.

So how exactly are Kobe and Bynum better? Bynum isn't even the Lakers 2nd best player.

Are you kidding me about Bynum not being the Lakers 2nd best player? Watch a Laker game buddy. The funny thing is I'm a fan of Shard/Howard and I hate Bryant/Bynum, but Bryant/Bynum are clearly the better duo. Bryant is better than Howard and Bynum is better than Shard, and Bryant/Bynum compliment each other much better than Shard/Howard.

Return to Player Comparisons