Bynum
32%

Total votes: 44

Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Chuck Swirsky vs. Tommy Heinsohn 

Post#1 » by Hendrix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Who would you rather announce for your team?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#2 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm

I'll just get the joke out of the way first: Bynum for the future..

definitely Swirsk..he's annoying, but I appreciate his passion..Heinsohn is ANNNNOOOOYYYYIIINNNNGGG..not in the same was as Chuck..his bias is just disgusting..

Swirsky is bias out of love..meaning, he voted Bargs over Roy for ROTY..but when you watch a Raps game, he isn't as bias as you'd think..he's gotten better in that regard..it also helps that Leo Rautins isn't bias at all, so Chuck would just look stupid disagreeing..he actually admits when there is a bad call and doesn't make them up..it also helps that the Raptors don't get half as many calls as Boston..

everybody can agree that the Celtics get the most calls in the NBA..Heinsohn CONSTANTLY complains about bad calls against his team, when Boston does the EXACT SAME **** throughout the game..Paul Pierce is on Wade/Lebron level of calls this year, which is strange, since he isn't nearly as good as neither..yet Heinsohn complains all game long, when his team does the exact same **** that he complains about..
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,567

Post#3 » by hermes » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm

:lol: @ bynum

i'll go with tommy
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#4 » by Kabookalu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:47 pm

ugh, Tommy makes me turn the volume off on games and play music in the background, I can't stand him at all. Chuck at least makes me laugh.
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 614

Post#5 » by bballcool34 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:I'll just get the joke out of the way first: Bynum for the future..

definitely Swirsk..he's annoying, but I appreciate his passion..Heinsohn is ANNNNOOOOYYYYIIINNNNGGG..not in the same was as Chuck..his bias is just disgusting..

Swirsky is bias out of love..meaning, he voted Bargs over Roy for ROTY..but when you watch a Raps game, he isn't as bias as you'd think..he's gotten better in that regard..it also helps that Leo Rautins isn't bias at all, so Chuck would just look stupid disagreeing..he actually admits when there is a bad call and doesn't make them up..it also helps that the Raptors don't get half as many calls as Boston..

everybody can agree that the Celtics get the most calls in the NBA..Heinsohn CONSTANTLY complains about bad calls against his team, when Boston does the EXACT SAME **** throughout the game..Paul Pierce is on Wade/Lebron level of calls this year, which is strange, since he isn't nearly as good as neither..yet Heinsohn complains all game long, when his team does the exact same **** that he complains about..

Pierce has been getting a lot of calls on the defensive end, especially on the offensive fouls- but that's because he's flopping more than he ever has in the past- even Heinsohn said one game that Pierce is flopping on the defensive end (of course that's a good thing for the Celts, since Pierce is one hell of an actor).

As for offense, Pierce has got his usual calls. His usage rate is down and obviously with Garnett and Allen on the team, his shots are down. Comparing his usage rate, with the year most similar- 04-05. He is getting less free throws (more than 1.5 less FTA per game) than he did that year.

So, really on offense I'd say he's always got the calls, the only difference is now with his new liking for flopping, he's also getting the calls on the defensive end.
Damn
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#6 » by farzi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:49 am

For as much as I can't stand Chuck, Tommy is by far the worst announcer in the league.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#7 » by Silk Wilkes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 am

Swirsky can watch a replay of a play where a Raptor's player will not get fouled but the referees blow the whistle and he will say he didn't see a foul. Heinson on the other hand will say, "Great call, he almost beheaded him there!"
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#8 » by wetsthebed » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:52 am

I would cry if Tommy stopped commentating for the Celtics.
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#9 » by kookie_819 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 am

:lol: @ Bynum jokes. Kind of reminds me of kgceltics and Paul Pierce... good times, good times.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,544

Post#10 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 am

westthebest wrote:I would cry if Tommy stopped commentating for the Celtics.

Tears of joy
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#11 » by Cruel_Ruin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:46 am

"OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU KIDDING ME? BUST OUT THE SALAMI AND CHEESE MAMA!"

:rofl: Best signature line ever
MoPeteRules
Pro Prospect
And1: 54

Post#12 » by MoPeteRules » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 am

For pure comedic value here i will take Tommy. It is really effing hilarious to see him embelish fouls and cry everytime a call is against Boston.. I used to wonder if he did that on purpose just to be funny, but he kept doing it over and over so I started to think that he's really just super biased in a celtic pride kinda way
Spragga - The greatest trick the Raptors ever pulled was convincing the world that Defense doesn't exist.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#13 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Even though he voted against Roy, Swirsky is actually a really good game-caller, one of the better ones in the NBA IMO (you get to see 'em all on League Pass eventually). If he gave out Chuckie Points, he'd be even better though.

For pure bias in a grating, irritating, and obnoxious way, the matchup IMO would have to be between Heinson and Mike Rice of Portland. I'm a huge Portland fan, but Rice is absolutely brutal. On League Pass, I actually hope that it's the other team's broadcast crew unless it's Denver's.

I don't remember their names, but I don't think I've ever seen a broadcast team that complains about the non-calls more than those guys. I remember one game with them where they literally complained about travelling non-calls on eight straight possessions by the other team. Blech. But when not kvetching about the refs, they're much better than Rice or Heinson.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#14 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 pm

I thought Portland's were good from the games I've seen..

Denver's are EASILY the worst though..

Return to Player Comparisons