Chris Bosh vs Josh Smith

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,959

Chris Bosh vs Josh Smith 

Post#1 » by Blazing_royale » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 am

There was a thread on the hawks board and were suggesting if Smith is better than Bosh

this is a quote from the hawks side

At one point he made the comment that Bosh was a franchise player. I disagreed. At the time their stats were nearly identical. (With Smoove's blocks and steals the difference.)

I'm forced to ask. Are they of equal skill? Bosh clearly has more offensive abilities, but Smoove's defensive skills are undeniable.

Also, Bosh's injury history is of some concern.

After seeing both guys go crazy in Friday night's first half, what do you all think?

AND TRY TO BE SUBJECTIVE.

So who u got? i say Bosh
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Kosta » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 am

lol.
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#3 » by Mr. Perfect » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:04 am

Bosh, but it isn't as far-fetched as some of us may think.

If Smith can limit his TO's and find a bread-and-butter move on offense instead of playing a different style every game he could be a very special player in this league.
I-AM-A-BEAST
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#4 » by I-AM-A-BEAST » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:05 am

Is this a Joke? And right after Bosh just shi**ed on the hawks frontline.
jeremy1215
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#5 » by jeremy1215 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:08 am

Bosh easily, he is a real big man. Josh Smith is a wannabe big man.
jeremy1215
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#6 » by jeremy1215 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:08 am

Bosh easily, he is a real big man. Josh Smith is a wannabe big man.
Colombiano972
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Colombiano972 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 am

Bosh, even though Smoove is no slouch. He just needs to improve his shot selection and handles.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#8 » by CreaM » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:14 am

Skill wise, Bosh dominates Josh Smith, but Smith is a better athlete. Bosh can be the focal point of an offense, Smith cannot. Dont let statistics fool you.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#9 » by Kosta » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 am

You never see Amare or Boozer being compared to West, Iguodala and Josh Smith. WTF is wrong with this board? Ridiculous.
Uros Slowcar
Rookie

Post#10 » by Uros Slowcar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 am

lolz, after tonights game? :wavefinger:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#11 » by j-ragg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:21 am

18 ppg 8 rpg 3 apg 3 bpg vs 21 ppg 9 rpg 2 apg 1 bpg.

Depends on what you're team really needs, albeit offense or defense.

Neither is a franchise player, I'd probably pick Bosh because he's got more height for the position he plays.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#12 » by cb4_89 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 am

j-ragg wrote:18 ppg 8 rpg 3 apg 3 bpg vs 21 ppg 9 rpg 2 apg 1 bpg.

Depends on what you're team really needs, albeit offense or defense.

Neither is a franchise player, I'd probably pick Bosh because he's got more height for the position he plays.

:rofl:
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#13 » by yunggunz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:18 am

cb4_89 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:

well, bosh is a franchise player if you want a mediocre franchise in the east.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#14 » by Kosta » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:59 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well, bosh is a franchise player if you want a mediocre franchise in the east.

This guy is a straight hater, epic proportions. Everyone has their own opinion, but damn man, I think I gotta take yours with a pile of freaking salt.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#15 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:00 am

I don't really disagree with him, but to this point, that's about what Bosh has accomplished as a franchise player :dontknow:

BTW, this thread is more ridiculous than West/Bosh.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,126

Post#16 » by positivetension » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:I don't really disagree with him, but to this point, that's about what Bosh has accomplished as a franchise player :dontknow:

With the supporting cast Babcock gave him, can you blame him?
Kosta
RealGM

Post#17 » by Kosta » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:10 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:I don't really disagree with him, but to this point, that's about what Bosh has accomplished as a franchise player :dontknow:

Well, if we go by their current record, you can probably justify the hate, but they did finish 3rd in the East last season and I'm sure they're going to make a push for that 3rd seed again this year. Right now their record is mediocre, but they've faced some adversity early with a lot of injuries. Looks like they're starting to hit their stride.

Look, beyond what he's done so far in Toronto, Bosh is still 23, I don't know how many times I have to say that, this is only his second season now that he's had a good team built around him. What do you guys expect, for them to be competing with two veteran powerhouses like Boston and Detroit? They're as good as anyone else in the East for the exception of those two teams. And this team is still growing, we have a young nucleus and it takes time to build a contender.

At IMO from what I've seen from Bosh over the years, I believe he has a chance to do something special here in Toronto and lead this team to success down the road. He in my mind is a legit franchise player, not only because of his talent, but because of his character and leadership. There's only a handful players in the NBA who have the ability and character to take a team on their shoulders. We thought we had one in Vince Carter back in the day, we know we have one in Chris Bosh today.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#18 » by yunggunz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 am

I personally dont see anything spectacular is Bosh to make me think he is a franchise player. He is a good, not great scorer. He is a good, not great rebounder. He is an average defender. He is an average play maker. What sets him above the rest?

I see him as being an elton brand type player minus the presence in the post and minus the defense. And i think as long as he is the best player on his team, they will have a similar run as the clippers have had with Brand. Mediocre most of the time with a good run or two, but not much.

Hell, tell me what sets him apart from elton brand?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#19 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 am

Kosta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, if we go by their current record, you can probably justify the hate, but they did finish 3rd in the East last season and I'm sure they're going to make a push for that 3rd seed again this year. Right now their record is mediocre, but they've faced some adversity early with a lot of injuries. Looks like they're starting to hit their stride.

Look, beyond what he's done so far in Toronto, Bosh is still 23, I don't know how many times I have to say that, this is only his second season now that he's had a good team built around him. What do you guys expect, for them to be competing with two veteran powerhouses like Boston and Detroit? They're as good as anyone else in the East for the exception of those two teams. And this team is still growing, we have a young nucleus and it takes time to build a contender.

At IMO from what I've seen from Bosh over the years, I believe he has a chance to do something special here in Toronto and lead this team to success down the road. He in my mind is a legit franchise player, not only because of his talent, but because of his character and leadership. There's only a handful players in the NBA who have the ability and character to take a team on their shoulders. We thought we had one in Vince Carter back in the day, we know we have one in Chris Bosh today.

4th in the east, 3rd seed by grace of poor division. Did you really feel they were the 3rd best team in the east?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#20 » by JoshB914 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:24 am

Smith actually has a higher ceiling than Bosh when you think about his athleticism. But who knows just how good he will get. Smith will be a perennial All Star starting next season. But Bosh already is.

I think I'd take Bosh. But both are going to be very special.

Return to Player Comparisons