RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#21 » by hermes » Thu Feb 7, 2008 3:47 pm

no he's not the next d12
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#22 » by conleyorbust » Thu Feb 7, 2008 3:49 pm

Al is a much different player than Dwight, I doubt he would ever be the offensive player Dwight is at any position because he isn't as big or explosive. Last night was exactly how I'd like to see Al play on offense though, he runs the floor extremely well and has great hands and finishes very well which makes him a good fast break C. He looked good moving around into open spaces when Smith got doubled too, I'd like to see more of that.
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#23 » by HeyIt'sMe » Thu Feb 7, 2008 3:59 pm

Horford isn't the explosive athlete Howard is, nor is he as tall or as long. That said, he's going to be a very good pro for a lot of years. He's got a jumper already that's only going to get better with time, he's an excellent passer, particularly outlet passing, a strong and unrelenting rebounder, and a strong, solid post defender.

To me, Horford is a reincarnation of Buck Williams. He's just a solid, quality basketball player. Depending on how he and Durant finishes, I really think it should be a close race for ROY (although it won't be since the media's already handed KD the award). He's the rebounding/defensive prescence the Hawks have needed for years, and is one of the big reasons for the Hawks being in the position to make the playoffs. His defense and overall play against Gasol last night was outstanding.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,076

Post#24 » by tsherkin » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:15 pm

ss-wiish! wrote:DeAndre Jordan = Dwight Howard V2

Nah, he's Shaq-like at the foul line and even less skilled than a rookie Dwight was coming out of HS. He'll be OK but he's not going to be anything like Howard.
DrunkOnMystery
Starter
And1: 0

Post#25 » by DrunkOnMystery » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:48 pm

I think people on this board don't appreciate the fact that being a good, starter quality player and not an all-star is usually ok. Horford doesn't need to ever be as good as Howard is now to be effective. He's already a quality, starting caliber big in a league that doesn't have very many of those. Any team that he finds himself on, will no longer be looking for a starting center, and that, in its own right, is an impressive achievement.

Remember: Just because Rik Smits wasn't as good as Shaq, doesn't mean he wasn't good.
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#26 » by WesWesley » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:48 pm

If Horford is the next Howard, he'd better hurry up.
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,529

Post#27 » by PaKwAn » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:34 pm

Dwight is just a freak of a player and is built like a tank

Return to Player Comparisons