Post#21 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:02 am

lol @ Wallace / McDyess
Go Raps!!
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,158

Re: Best Bigman Combo? 

Post#22 » by GuyverX » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:36 am

dcash4 wrote:eh, i'll go brand/kaman too but you're argument against bosh/JO and gasol/bynum is kinda hypocritical. you say they've never played together but neither have the new chris kaman and elton brand. the last time they played together, they were most def. not the best frontcourt in the league. you're just predicting how they'd perform now that kaman has improved just like people are predicting how bosh/jo and gasol/bynum will perform.

Actually Brand and Kaman did play together last season. Brand came back near the end of the season and played with Kaman for a number of games. They looked pretty good to me. The same can't be said for J.O./Bosh, Gasol/Bynum and definitely not Oden/Aldridge. Obviously Brand wasn't 100% but he looked good coming off of foot surgery and we know what he can do when healthy. Kaman's rebounding numbers will take a hit and probably his PPG will come down a little too but I still believe Brand/Kaman is still the most dominant 4/5 combo in the league
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Post#23 » by dockingsched » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:00 am

GuyverX wrote:
dcash4 wrote:eh, i'll go brand/kaman too but you're argument against bosh/JO and gasol/bynum is kinda hypocritical. you say they've never played together but neither have the new chris kaman and elton brand. the last time they played together, they were most def. not the best frontcourt in the league. you're just predicting how they'd perform now that kaman has improved just like people are predicting how bosh/jo and gasol/bynum will perform.

Actually Brand and Kaman did play together last season. Brand came back near the end of the season and played with Kaman for a number of games. They looked pretty good to me. The same can't be said for J.O./Bosh, Gasol/Bynum and definitely not Oden/Aldridge. Obviously Brand wasn't 100% but he looked good coming off of foot surgery and we know what he can do when healthy. Kaman's rebounding numbers will take a hit and probably his PPG will come down a little too but I still believe Brand/Kaman is still the most dominant 4/5 combo in the league

really? what game? i'd hate to think i follow the clippers with more attention than a clippers fan.

kaman's last game was march 31st , brand's first game was april 2nd.
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#24 » by GuyverX » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:27 am

dcash4 wrote:really? what game? i'd hate to think i follow the clippers with more attention than a clippers fan.

kaman's last game was march 31st , brand's first game was april 2nd.

You're right, my mistake. Brand came back the same game Kaman went out for the season. Somehow I remembered them playing at least 1 or 2 games and Brand played really well. He did with 19 points the first game back but Kaman didn't play that game.
Captain_Morgan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Captain_Morgan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:12 pm

Talk about bandwagon fans... Oden hasn't even played a single game and Portland is leading by the polls....

This is so wrong.
Yes We Can!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#26 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Bosh/JO shouldn't be number 2 either.

Brand/Kaman should be leading the poll.

Dwight/Lewis should be top 3 also.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#27 » by farzi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Captain_Morgan wrote:Talk about bandwagon fans... Oden hasn't even played a single game and Portland is leading by the polls....

This is so wrong.

Who should?

JO and Bosh haven't even played together, either have Bynum / Gasol. Brand / Kaman haven't played together since the caveman broke out...New Orleans wins by default then?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Post#28 » by dockingsched » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:34 pm

do u understand the difference between never played together and never played in the nba?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#29 » by travis minor » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 pm

If you asked me if i had to win going into this season, id take chandler/west
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#30 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 am

Malinhion wrote:West and Chandler is actually the best in terms of a mix.

A 7' low post defender with athletecism and determination to be one of the league's top-tier rebounders. He will clean up around the basket, throw down alley oops, and can play some of the best man-up interior defense in the entire NBA.

David West is an athletic PF who can play a good face up game, he can shoot from any spot within 20 feet and always knows the right spot to be in for an open look. While not as big as Chandler, he has a good body and gets a solid number of rebounds.

They are the perfect mix that I would look for in an NBA frontcourt.

Yea it's hard to fault that tandem, Chandler's defense on Duncan was amazing, hes just a bit foul prone still. West's actually getting more blocks a game than Chandler so he's got some defensive presence as well.

Hard to pick a number 1 though. Shaq and Amare could be good next year, Kaman and Brand is imposing but i'd prefr Tyson & West, J.O. and Bosh is great if healthy, Bynum and Gasol could be huge next year too. But for now I'm gonna be a homer and say West and Chandler will develop further and become the best frontcourt in the league ;)
farzi
RealGM

Post#31 » by farzi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:02 am

dcash4 wrote:do u understand the difference between never played together and never played in the nba?

Obviously not.

Darko and Kwame not only played in the NBA, but they played together. Clearly this puts them as a better front court going in to next year (if Kwame was on the team) than Oden/Aldridge
GuyverX
Head Coach

Post#32 » by GuyverX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 am

farzi wrote:
dcash4 wrote:do u understand the difference between never played together and never played in the nba?

Obviously not.

Darko and Kwame not only played in the NBA, but they played together. Clearly this puts them as a better front court going in to next year (if Kwame was on the team) than Oden/Aldridge

That's a really weak comparison. We already know how Darko and Kwame play in the NBA. Nobody has seen Oden play pro basketball.
farzi
RealGM

Post#33 » by farzi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 am

We've seen a lot of players in the NBA play alone...doesn't mean they play well together.

The OP didn't say for this past year. He didn't say for next year. Its kind of open to interpretation.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#34 » by paul » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:41 pm

GuyverX wrote:LMAO people having Oden/Aldridge when Oden hasn't stepped foot on an NBA floor during a game. Bosh/J.O. doesn't exist yet and Bynum/Gasol hasn't happened yet either. The PF/C combo right now is Brand/Kaman.

By a long way. People voting for Oden/LMA just highlights the ridiculous levels of bias around here at times, Oden has literally never stepped foot on an nba court in anger, seriously that's kinda embarrassing for whoever voted for them.

Brand and Kaman have had their injury issues as a combo but at least we've seen them both and know they are both excellent players, Oden probably will be but right now noone knows.

Didn't we have this exact same thread and exact same arguments last week?
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#35 » by candy for lunch » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:01 pm

I voted for Oden/Aldridge and don't feel embarrassed one bit :)
farzi
RealGM

Post#36 » by farzi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:48 pm

supersteve wrote:I voted for Oden/Aldridge and don't feel embarrassed one bit :)

That was bad, and you should feel bad!
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#37 » by thegreatblaze » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 pm

farzi wrote:
supersteve wrote:I voted for Oden/Aldridge and don't feel embarrassed one bit :)

That was bad, and you should feel bad!

:rofl: I don't know why, but that made me crack up.
Farm Raid
Starter
And1: 0

Post#38 » by Farm Raid » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:07 pm

I went with Kaman and Brand.

Oden has never played in the NBA.

Bynum's one or two good months aren't enough for me to crown him.

O'Neal's last couple seasons have not been good.

And Kaman and Brand beat every other option kinda handily.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#39 » by TASTIC » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:39 am

GuyverX wrote:LMAO people having Oden/Aldridge when Oden hasn't stepped foot on an NBA floor during a game. Bosh/J.O. doesn't exist yet and Bynum/Gasol hasn't happened yet either. The PF/C combo right now is Brand/Kaman.

Exactly my thinking, even down to the Brand/Kaman vote!
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#40 » by nba_addict » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:52 am

Im am for Kaman and Brand too.

If we are talking about players in thier prime or how they are going to be in the future, its got to be Shaq/Amare no matter what.

Return to Player Comparisons