Bargs or Bosh in knicks/warriors run 'n gun style?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Who is the better fit

Andrea Bargnani
50%
Chris Bosh
50%

Total votes: 16

raptor21_85
Banned User
And1: 2

Bargs or Bosh in knicks/warriors run 'n gun style? 

Post#1 » by raptor21_85 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 1:57 am

Talkin about Raptors players
So apparently Bosh is opting out and Andrea hasn't resign with the raptors yet, so, in few words Raptors might lose both players.
who do you think would make more impact in the uptempo style?
Bargs or Bosh
Both are quick
Andrea's D is better but Bosh attacks better the rim
which one of these raptors players you choose
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Re: Who would fit better in the knicks/warriors run 'n gun style 

Post#2 » by killacalijatt » Sun Mar 1, 2009 3:03 am

I drool over Bosh on the Warriors roster

Biedrens
Bosh
Sjax
Monta

Who cares about the rest of the team
Cybulski37
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Re: Bargs or Bosh in knicks/warriors run 'n gun style? 

Post#3 » by Cybulski37 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 4:37 am

I like the dimension Bargnani would add as a trailer following the play down the floor. Although Bosh is a better finisher.
warriorfan650 wrote:Baron Davis = 2 All Star Games Played.
Jonathan Bender = 2 Games Played.

Owned!
Mufasa_Reloaded
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Mufasa_Reloaded » Sun Mar 1, 2009 5:07 am

Bargnani for sure, he can run the floor like a SF and can either shoot the 3 or dribble into the basket himself. Would be perfect on Warriors or Knicks
Hi, my name is Jose Calderon. I put up 9 assists a game on 50/40/90 %s while running the most stagnant and lifeless offense in the league and playing league worst defence

Don't tell anyone. It's our secret.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#5 » by J-Rich- » Sun Mar 1, 2009 6:30 am

nellie would cream in his pants if he got the chance to coach bargs. a player who can play center and shoot 3s
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#6 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Mar 1, 2009 9:23 am

Bosh is a player who can play Center and shoot 3's, as well. Bosh is also a far superior player. Bosh. In any style.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#7 » by Kabookalu » Sun Mar 1, 2009 4:53 pm

It seems that whenever Bosh is sitting on the bench, we go on this huge run where all we do is run run run, we literally look like the Nash led Phoenix Suns. Bargnani would be absolutely ridiculous in a run n' gun system because his defenders would be guys like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuzAbnr_4bY

Though it makes absolutely no sense why we slow down with Bosh. Bosh is even more athletic than Bargnani. Perhaps he has been exposed too long to Sam Mitchell's slow tempo half court game.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,006

Post#8 » by tsherkin » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:34 pm

I have to imagine that if Bargs were getting a steady diet of open 3s and other Js in transition where he was facing less defensive pressure, he'd probably look better than he is now. If you put him on a D'Antoni-led team with a semi-competent point guard who was looking to press the tempo, he'd probably be scoring 18 ppg this season, perhaps even 20, and would look pretty fine.

Bosh... not so much. His best options are half-court isos. He runs like a deer, but I think he's actually more suited to a halfcourt game, which is I think where the disparity Choker is talking about comes from. Bosh likes to take 8-second isos and work off-ball for jumpers, that's not really conducive to a high-pace transition offense, despite his athleticism. I'd say physically he's clearly more suited to it, but that's not the strength of his game. He sizes you up, jabs and pump fakes until you're off-balance and then blows by you.

Having said that, Carmelo's the same way and he thrives up-tempo, so maybe it is coaching, I mean George Karl lets Melo iso but he's also leaking out from time to time to get ahead on the break, and then he runs full-out to get trailer buckets... Maybe if we told Bosh to play like that, it'd spark his game too.
The Sludge
Senior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by The Sludge » Sun Mar 1, 2009 11:11 pm

In a run n' gun style of play, I think that both players would have success. However, Bosh is much more athletic so I think he'd be the better fit.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#10 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 11:14 pm

The Sludge wrote:In a run n' gun style of play, I think that both players would have success. However, Bosh is much more athletic so I think he'd be the better fit.

Bargnani is probably stronger, faster, and better conditioned than Bosh. Bosh is just better at jumping because he has a skinnier frame than Bargnani.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by tsherkin » Sun Mar 1, 2009 11:55 pm

No J-Slim, Bosh is definitely faster.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#12 » by cb4_89 » Mon Mar 2, 2009 12:00 am

yeah bosh is faster than bargnani. He is like one of the fastest big men in the league
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#13 » by BlackIce » Mon Mar 2, 2009 12:01 am

tsherkin wrote:No J-Slim, Bosh is definitely faster.

yes, but he is also smaller, bargs has the size and to body centers and defend them...bosh not so much
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by tsherkin » Mon Mar 2, 2009 12:04 am

BlackIce wrote:yes, but he is also smaller, bargs has the size and to body centers and defend them...bosh not so much

Bargs has 10 or 15 pounds on Bosh, yeah, but he also lacks Bosh's length and athleticism, so it's a trade-off. The main guys you have to be talking about are Duncan, Howard, Shaq and a select few others who are big and can play a power game and they tend to do what they want regardless of the individual defender, it's team D that slows them.

Anyway, the comment is irrelevant because the difference in size doesn't mean anything to their respective ability to play in an up-tempo game and Bosh is clearly a pure 4, not a 5. More importantly, I don't know that I'd want Bargs at the 5 anyway given how comparatively he weak is next to others at the 5 in that regard.
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#15 » by BlackIce » Mon Mar 2, 2009 3:00 am

tsherkin wrote:
BlackIce wrote:yes, but he is also smaller, bargs has the size and to body centers and defend them...bosh not so much

Bargs has 10 or 15 pounds on Bosh, yeah, but he also lacks Bosh's length and athleticism, so it's a trade-off. The main guys you have to be talking about are Duncan, Howard, Shaq and a select few others who are big and can play a power game and they tend to do what they want regardless of the individual defender, it's team D that slows them.

Anyway, the comment is irrelevant Anyway, the comment is irrelevant because the difference in size doesn't mean anything to their respective ability to play in an up-tempo game and Bosh is clearly a pure 4, not a 5. More importantly, I don't know that I'd want Bargs at the 5 anyway given how comparatively he weak is next to others at the 5 in that regard.

Is defense not a factor? Even if you move bargs to the 4 he can defend 5's and is a better defensive player then bosh, he is younger and has the same advantages as bosh in this system. His mid-range game isn't nearly as perfected as boshs but all things consider I put Bargs in the knicks run n gun and see more improvments to his game, bosh is a half court guy and bargs thrives in the fullcourt run and gun.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#16 » by Assassin_1 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 4:46 am

BlackIce wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

Anyway, the comment is irrelevant Anyway, the comment is irrelevant because the difference in size doesn't mean anything to their respective ability to play in an up-tempo game and Bosh is clearly a pure 4, not a 5. More importantly, I don't know that I'd want Bargs at the 5 anyway given how comparatively he weak is next to others at the 5 in that regard.

Is defense not a factor? Even if you move bargs to the 4 he can defend 5's and is a better defensive player then bosh, he is younger and has the same advantages as bosh in this system. His mid-range game isn't nearly as perfected as boshs but all things consider I put Bargs in the knicks run n gun and see more improvments to his game, bosh is a half court guy and bargs thrives in the fullcourt run and gun.

Bargnani can also add a solid 20 pounds to his frame he has be way stronger than Bosh because he has a lot of blubber on him right now. His potential is proabably around 208-295 he has the potential to be better than Bosh and do way better than him which I think he probably will. His potential makes me think that if Bosh decides to not stay in Toronto BC should bring in a banger/rebounding/defender my take is Emeka, and we could proabably bring in one of their picks with him.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by tsherkin » Tue Mar 3, 2009 2:45 pm

BlackIce wrote:Is defense not a factor? Even if you move bargs to the 4 he can defend 5's and is a better defensive player then bosh, he is younger and has the same advantages as bosh in this system. His mid-range game isn't nearly as perfected as boshs but all things consider I put Bargs in the knicks run n gun and see more improvments to his game, bosh is a half court guy and bargs thrives in the fullcourt run and gun.

Defense is not generally a factor in offense, no. We're talking about changing the environment in which they play offense and how that might change their efficacy on the court; this isn't a conversation in which defense belongs.

I do agree that Bargnani does better up-tempo than does Bosh, despite Bosh's more favorable athletic traits, I'm just saying that defense isn't relevant to a conversation geared around offense. It's not like he's going to suddenly turn into a good rebounder who can play awesome help D just because things get up tempo. And Bosh might suffer for the switch to up tempo ball because he'd likely be the 5, where he's at his worst defensively.

Return to Player Comparisons