Aldridge now, Aldridge future
73%

Total votes: 22

farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Green vs. Aldridge 

Post#1 » by farzi » Mon Mar 2, 2009 8:05 am

There's a mini debate going on elsewhere, who would you take now / future?
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Mufasa_Reloaded
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Green vs. Aldridge 

Post#2 » by Mufasa_Reloaded » Mon Mar 2, 2009 8:17 am

Depends on whether gets traded and gets to play SF full time somewhere. If so, him for the future.

But Aldridge now for what it's worth.
Hi, my name is Jose Calderon. I put up 9 assists a game on 50/40/90 %s while running the most stagnant and lifeless offense in the league and playing league worst defence

Don't tell anyone. It's our secret.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#3 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Mar 2, 2009 8:27 am

Now it's Aldridge. The jury is out for me with Green because he's playing the wrong damn position and will continue to as long as he and Durant are on the same team. If he keeps playing PF, it's Aldridge in the future as well. PF is too vital a defensive position to put undersized but talented guys like Green there.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#4 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Mar 2, 2009 2:07 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:Now it's Aldridge. The jury is out for me with Green because he's playing the wrong damn position and will continue to as long as he and Durant are on the same team. If he keeps playing PF, it's Aldridge in the future as well. PF is too vital a defensive position to put undersized but talented guys like Green there.

QFT

I like Green a lot, and the funny thing about this comparison is that if they were playing together, Aldridge & Green would be an almost perfect forward combination.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#5 » by GOBlazers » Mon Mar 2, 2009 9:12 pm

Think OKC would go for Webster and or Frye and 1st, 2nd for Green?
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#6 » by AKBlazerFan » Mon Mar 2, 2009 11:14 pm

Serious? No. Not at all.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,388

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Mon Mar 2, 2009 11:18 pm

Green has put up better numbers at Power Forward then he did at SF and Durant at SG. He has been better then Aldridge this season. Thoughthe Blazers would rather have Aldridge because of all the problems Oden has had.
Go Knicks!
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#8 » by NetsForce » Mon Mar 2, 2009 11:21 pm

It's take Aldridge if I wanted a PF, Green if I needed a SF. Green is a major defensive liability when he's playing PF, some of that is offset by the advantage he has on offense but I don't think he's the type of player you can play at PF at hope to go far in the playoffs with...
andalusian
Senior
And1: 305

Post#9 » by andalusian » Mon Mar 2, 2009 11:40 pm

Green is a SF/PF combo that really likes playing SF, Aldridge is a PF/C combo that is better at PF. Depends on what the team needs - but I think that Aldridge is a more valuable commodity overall since bigs usually do have a premium.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#10 » by cb4_89 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 12:51 am

GOBlazers wrote:Think OKC would go for Webster and or Frye and 1st, 2nd for Green?

Would you take that deal for Aldridge? If not then you have your answer to what OKC would say
WetCoast
Junior

Post#11 » by WetCoast » Tue Mar 3, 2009 4:59 am

cb4_89 wrote:
GOBlazers wrote:Think OKC would go for Webster and or Frye and 1st, 2nd for Green?

Would you take that deal for Aldridge? If not then you have your answer to what OKC would say

If that 1st turned into the 1st pick in the draft there is a great possibility
:naaa:
old rem wrote:Roy is good but ..get serious. Ellis is about even and may be better before long.

Ticket_Stub wrote:Roy, Portland can only get better unless they get worse.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#12 » by wiff » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:03 am

Green's numbers did go through the roof went he got switched to PF. Everyone claims he is a SF but why'd his numbers sky rocket when he got moved out of position?

He may not be 6'10" with freakishly long arms but straight up the guy can ball.

Last year I went to a Sonics game and he was just as hair shorter than Chris Wilcox and about 15 pounds lighter.

Plenty of guys who were not 6'10" have had decent careers.

He plays great man D he simply doesn't block a lot of shots.

By the way what's so great about Aldrige's D? Isn't Portland horrible as a team defensively yet apparently Roy and Aldridge are great defenders.
WetCoast
Junior

Post#13 » by WetCoast » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:18 am

wiff wrote:Green's numbers did go through the roof went he got switched to PF. Everyone claims he is a SF but why'd his numbers sky rocket when he got moved out of position?

He may not be 6'10" with freakishly long arms but straight up the guy can ball.

Last year I went to a Sonics game and he was just as hair shorter than Chris Wilcox and about 15 pounds lighter.

Plenty of guys who were not 6'10" have had decent careers.

He plays great man D he simply doesn't block a lot of shots.

By the way what's so great about Aldrige's D? Isn't Portland horrible as a team defensively yet apparently Roy and Aldridge are great defenders.

LA had a decent match up against Duncan last night. He's 6'11 with long arms and mobile, that helps in the Defensive department. Roy recently racked up 10 steals in one game not too long ago apparently.
old rem wrote:Roy is good but ..get serious. Ellis is about even and may be better before long.

Ticket_Stub wrote:Roy, Portland can only get better unless they get worse.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#14 » by farzi » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:07 am

The problem with Portland's defense is
A. Nate makes them switch on EVERY pick and roll, which leads to huge mismatches
B. Our PG rotation can't stop anyone from penetrating leading to lots of fouls on our bigs (the one PG not logging minutes is by far the best defender and also the youngest)

Basically, coaching
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.

Return to Player Comparisons