Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Re: Comparing LeBron and Kobes "cast".. 

Post#101 » by tkb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Ball Boy wrote:Cavs D >>>>>> Lakers D

I think for this season, you overrate the Cavs D and underrate the Lakers D.

Cavs aren't nr 1 in defense this season like you stated, they're 3rd after Boston and Orlando. Lakers meanwhile are 6th which is pretty far above average.

LeBron has a strong cast, but I think the Lakers cast is stronger (and yes, I think LeBron should be the MVP this season if that comes up).
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Comparing LeBron and Kobes "cast".. 

Post#102 » by semi-sentient » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:41 pm

tkb wrote:Cavs aren't nr 1 in defense this season like you stated, they're 3rd after Boston and Orlando. Lakers meanwhile are 6th which is pretty far above average.

True, but Cleveland only trails Boston by .6 and Orlando by .3 as far as defensive rating goes. That's not a very big difference at all. They have also slid from 1st to 3rd since Wallace went down, which is no surprise really.

As for the Lakers being 6th, I would agree that they are above average, but there is a considerable gap in defensive rating between them (105.1) and the Cavs (102.2). The league average is 108.1, so in reality the Lakers are somewhere between average and elite. I would put them more towards the average end of the spectrum seeing as how their defensive has fallen off sharply since the first month where they absolutely dominated on that end.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Return to Player Comparisons